[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X61 advice thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Hey guys, I recently got an X61 for $60 and replaced the following parts.

Hard drive -> SSD
RAM 2GB -> 4GB
battery replaced
Keyboard replaced
Heatsink and fan assembly

I went ahead and installed Antergos with KDE.

I'm fucking loving this laptop but the top has been abused quite badly. So I've bought some carbon fibre wrap for the lid but I'm having second thoughts. What do you guys think?
>>
Here's the lid
>>
Here's the wrap.
>>
>>57691269
Battered Thinkpads are best Thinkpads.
>>
>>57691302
I agree with >>57691309, >>57691281 looked way better.

There's the ultrafaggot option too, covering your laptop with stickers.
>>
I've also installed Middleton's BIOS with the Fn swap. Its the nicest laptop I've ever used.
>>
>>57691321
Out of the question. It looks gay as fuck on any laptop.
>>
File: shamu.jpg (484KB, 1600x776px)
shamu.jpg
484KB, 1600x776px
>>57691346
you can go the other direction. Pic related.

Also, you can buy NOS lids on ebay for relatively cheap.
>>
>>57691477
That's pretty cool, how do I achieve that?
>>
>>57691497
progressive doubling of sandpaper grit...
>>
File: basepolish2.jpg (528KB, 1600x1108px) Image search: [Google]
basepolish2.jpg
528KB, 1600x1108px
>>57691497
>>57691516
the case is magnesium. The screen bezel and wrist wrest are just plastic.
>>
>>57691269
have you considered replacing the laptop?
>>
>>57691553
No, I like the laptop. It even has an antenna.
>>
>>57691269
Dont be an idiot. They are tough, but u can always get a broken one (or x60) for parts for next to nothing
>>
I want to do an X62 build but don't really want to buy unless the manu is officially selling to the western market

Don't wanna deal with Gook QC without some sort of warranty
>>
>>57691269
pretty sure the SATA port speed in that laptop makes installing an SSD stupid
>>
FUCK YOU OP!!!
NOW I MISS MY X61, AND JUST WANT TO THROW MY BORING ASS X1 OUT OF THE WINDOW!!!!

I'm really tempted to just buy the X62 mobo, but I'm with >>57691627 on that. Seems kinda risky…
>>
>>57691713
Nah man, the custom bios unlocks sata 2 speed.
>>
>>57691533
BLING BLING
>>
>>57691302
Fuck carbon faggotry.

If you want carbon fiber you should have got an X1 Carbon
>>
>>57691477
I want to do this to my X61t. Its mostly dissassembled, but i stripped the fuck out of the last screw holding the display in and i need to buy some jb weld and a chink screwdriver set.
>>
>>57691751
sata 2 is still slow
>>
>>57693102
It's still fast enough for SSD to be extremely noticeably faster than HDD especially during bootup and post-login sluggishness (or lack thereof on ssd)
>>
>>57693102
You're slow m8
>>
>>57693102
even on sata 1 ssds make a huge improvement
It's not about the sequential read writes, it the random ones that you do all the time (like opening a program)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.