[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you Network+ Certified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Network+.png (69KB, 2111x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Network+.png
69KB, 2111x1166px
Are you Network+ Certified?
>>
>>57689417
y not
>>
I am. It was a nice resume boost and landed me a computer assembly job which I have worked my way up from.
The cert itself didn't get me the job, but it didn't hurt.
>>
why bother? vendor agnostic certs past 18 years old are trash for the most part.
>>
>>57689397
no because I have more valuable certs in the same field
>>
>>57689844
>>57689725
What certs are better?

Just curious.
>>
>>57689397
i have Sec+ :3
>>
>>57689856
Microsoft or Cisco certs. I might go for MCSE.
>>
File: make.jpg (56KB, 836x678px) Image search: [Google]
make.jpg
56KB, 836x678px
why don't girls like networking jobs?
>>
>>57689397
No, I actually want to get a decent paying job.
>>
>tfw you're too stupid to understand subnetting and VLANs
>>
File: 4L_GfUi6yJ1.jpg (30KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GfUi6yJ1.jpg
30KB, 367x332px
>>57689397
I've got a single cert in office 365 administration. The only reason I did it was because my old boss deemed it mandatory. Study everything with regards to the IT field, but really don't care to get the certs.
MFW I know more shit than people with a page of certs.
>>
I'd like to get into IT but I've never had the chance to get on the job experience. I'm pretty familiar with computers and have built one. Should I get the A+ to get my foot in the door? Not sure how else I'm supposed to get started without connections.
>>
>>57690154
VLANs are easy. I still struggle with subnetting. Not the concept, but the math parts.
>>
>>57690199
I started as a geek squad equivalent when future shop was still around. Literally worked there for 2 months and impressed he right guy with my work ethic and quality of questions that I asked. He hooked me up with an interview with one of his old employers and that was my ticket to tier 1 help desk. A+ definitely shows initiative, so I would go for that.
>>
>>57690252
Awesome, thanks. I know the A+ certification isn't the most impressive cert in the world but I'm hoping that getting it can show initiative and investment, and it can probably fool some HR people who don't know any better. Plus, based on the study guides I've seen so far, it seems like a pretty good way to consolidate the basic stuff you ought to know.
>>
>>57690297
>be good with computers
>memorize port numbers for common services
>memorize the parts of a laser printer
congrats, you just passed
>>
Get your ccent and then ccna. The ccna covers all of the net+'s content plus more.

CompTIA certs are largely shit tier and HR fodder at best.

The Sec+ has a slight advantage because it can be a requirement for certain DoD jobs.
>>
>>57690297
I've been considering creating a course and calling it "Intro to IT" and showing examples of a real world environment and what to expect as far as issues, also focusing on the troubleshooting methodology that is integral to become a successful IT person. I would have killed to have something like that.
>>
>>57690330
>HR fodder
You have to get past the HR retards to get the job.
>>
>>57689397
Yes because my previous employer paid for the test and I got an automatic raise after getting it. If not for that I wouldn't have taken it.

>>57689856
Cisco Certs
Windows Certs
VMWare
Red Hat Certs
really any other vendor specific certs
>>
>>57690364
pretty sure that was the point he was making..
>>
Nope, Security+ and CASP
>>
Lol you'd be laughed out of my office if you put that on your resume. Ccna is the bare minimum for our 10 dollar an hour help desk employees
>>
File: 1417883496581.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1417883496581.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
No, but have my CCENT and IMINS

>>57690154
>mfw most network people are too stupid to understand VLANs
>>
No, I'm not a faggot.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.