[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So dies Mozllla's best add-on which brought UI customization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Its-Over.gif (15KB, 440x220px) Image search: [Google]
Its-Over.gif
15KB, 440x220px
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14721955#p14721955

Say thank you to Mozilla for webextensions. This is only one of the add-ons which will bite the dust at least in that complex feature set.

Time to say goodbye!
>>
File: 2016-11-26_11-48-55-snip.png (202KB, 1143x753px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-26_11-48-55-snip.png
202KB, 1143x753px
With with perfect timing, Pale Moon 27 came out a few days ago with MSE for HD Youtube and HTTP2/SPDY protocol support.

Why haven't you upgraded yet?
>>
>>57688539
good, now switch to a good browser.
>>
>classic bloat restorer
>not using stylish
>>
>>57688672
You know that add-on does so much more than Stylish is able to do. It enables you to rearrange the whole icons and bar elements.

This was the ultimate customization add-on for the UI after Australis eliminated the built inside feature set.
>>
They've only been talking about this for 3 years, why is this a surprise.

My feeling is that it's just a matter of time before Firefox is just a Mozilla skin on Chrome.
>>
>>57689056
They will not go that far. As they know they will lose most of their users.

But Mozilla will go that far to ensure their feature set is almost a carbon Chrome copy - with a bit more power so that Firefox users are tricked into staying with Firefox because it is just a little bit more feature rich than Chrome - but far away from the old glory days.

They will also go that far that their future engine code will have more than one similarities if you will compare it with Blink.
>>
>We still have no way to change Firefox ui using WebExtensions and all my add-ons are about ui modifications.

This has been known for a while.

WebExtensions will probably kill a number of addons that I use so it doesn't matter much if CTR dies with them since it's only one block that helps support the look and function of my browser.
>>
>>57689321
I fear Mozilla will also in the end not being interested in providing such a rich feature set - as it defeats their ongoing movement to make the browser simple and streamlined like Google Chrome is.

They will provide a bit more than standard, but less powerful than the old variant and call it a day.
>>
>>57689321
Fun thing is with all that compromises Mozilla makes, people are even louder saying they are just like Google Chrome... and what happens, people are switching in anger to Google Chrome.

The only winner of that cat and mouse game is therefor Google... with Chrome :P
>>
>>57688570
>based on Firefox 15
>developed by furries
>>
>>57689778
Nothing wrong with that
>>
Already have a thread for this, retard.

>>57664140
>>
>Not using dev edition with beyond australis
What is this? Reddit?
>>
>>57689464
Even if Chrome can't show a fucking xml file either and their customization capabilities are next to nothing. CTR devs potentially gone to another firefox port that tries to maintain XUL.
>>
>>57688539
I will do that when it happens.
>>
time to jump ship to SeaMonkey
>>
>>57688539
Who gives a shit about that

Tree Style Tabs.

Thats the real loss.
>>
>>57694318
>Tree Style Tabs.
We might get this natively, if the experiment in Firefox Test Pilot is a success.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.