[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG: OLED TV lifespan is now 100,000 hours !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lg-oledb6p-02.jpg (66KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
lg-oledb6p-02.jpg
66KB, 770x433px
>In an interesting story about how LG Electronics' OLED quality control - and how the company tests its OLED TVs before shipping, the Korean company also reveals that its latest OLED TVs feature a lifetime of 100,000 hours - or 30 years of 10 hours per day. In 2013, LG's OLED panels had a lifespan of about 36,000.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2016/06/133_206377.html

-----

Today is Friday
Why aren't you lining up in Best Buy to get the best deal on OLED this year. The cheapest is just $1799!

I can also confirm that burn in almost a non-issue.
>>
>almost
>>
Because I don't use the TV I already have.
>>
>>57676365
Now tell me the lifespan of the blue pixels and we'll talk.
>>
>>57676379

TN panel LCD TV user detected
>>
LOL wtf! im organic and my lifespan is like 1 million days
>>
>>57676376

all box stores have OLED brightness cranked up torture levels at 11.

When you bring it home set the brighness at 45 foor lamberts for daytime viewing, and 24 foot lamberts at night viewing. Use these brightness settings and burn in becomes a non issue
>>
>>57676391

If I read this correctly, LG oled is basically all white OLED with color filters like an LCD

>LG is the only manufacturer capable of mass-producing OLED TVs and since the company launched the first OLED TVs it has used a special type of white OLED sub-pixels that passes light through filters. The company has repeatedly said that this method can lower production costs and increase longevity. We now have some numbers.

>"When we first started manufacturing OLED TVs in 2013, their lifespan was some 36,000 hours," said Lee Byung-chul, Vice president for LG Electronics to Korea Times and continued; "technological development has extended it to 100,000 hours now. This is equal to 30 years, if a user watches our OLED TV for 10 hours a day."

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465304750
>>
>>57676441
Burn in is physical degradation. The reduction of luminance of the sub pixels. The brightness doesn't matter. If you use some sub pixels more than others the display will eventually have uniformity issues. This is particularly problematic with TVs because of static elements like news programs likes to have.

If you're just displaying movies all day then go ahead. They better be all 16:9 as well. No 21:9 black bar shit.
>>
Idc burn in is still there.
>>
>>57676736

It will never go away completely. The news however say that it's been reduced to a third since the last generation. How long before it becomes imperceptible for practical purposes?

CRTs had burn-in too, but they could be used as TVs and desktop monitors just fine. They only exhibited image retention when used for 24/7 display at train stations and the like. I would be fine with OLED panels performing similarly in that regard.
>>
>Samsung uses OLED in their phones but refuse to use it in their TVs
>LG uses OLED in their TVs but refuse to use it in their phones
>>
>>57676365
>Why aren't you lining up in Best Buy
I don't live in a country where you are hated for being a white male, sorry
>>
>>57676517
>If you're just displaying movies all day then go ahead. They better be all 16:9 as well. No 21:9 black bar shit.
black doesn't cause burn in nigga, no oleds are lit that way

it's different than a led/ccfl backlit lcd
>>
>lifetime of 100,000 hours - or 30 years of 10 hours per day
They still have some sort of planned obsolescence built in that makes them fail after a few years so you would buy a new one.
>>
>>57677242
The black bars won't burn in, but the rest of the screen will degrade faster (the area in the middle where the actual movie is) causing an issue similar to burn in.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.