[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is trying to self-teach C a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: strtinc.png (15KB, 1017x610px) Image search: [Google]
strtinc.png
15KB, 1017x610px
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. I'm starting to teach myself C programming just out of curiosity and for a hobby. To old to go back to school and learn it. Should I go with a more simple language like python or something? Or should I stick with it.
>>
>>57671181
c if you wanna learn how computers work
python if you wanna apply stuff

both good choices, if u are good at c then learn some c, it's really interesting
>>
>>57671212
What this anon said. Also here is meme
>>
probably yes. it's hard and unrewarding. if you learn a higher level language, you see results earlier and that will keep you motivated.

if you have formal teaching, i think learning c first is better, since you learn the intricacies which are important and it also makes you value many of the things higher level languages do for you, at the cost of performance, while at the same time having a better grasp of what's happening. but when you're on your own, you gotta divide and conquer, so a higher level language is more recommended
>>
>>57671181
>hobby
Go
>>
>>57671212
Thanks anon, I want to know/do both but I think I'll go with c first. If I can do that then python should not be that hard.
>>
>>57671335
I see your point. If my brain can't get a grasp of c I'll probably youtube-dl some lectures on it and see if that helps if not then I'll move to python or something. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>57671384
you might want to take a look at go (go-lang or golang if you're searching for it). it's got good documentation, should be popular in the future and aims to simplify programming as well as having decent performance

not that python is bad, but i don't think it's a good idea for newcomers to use it in general, despite a lot of the advice for it. it gives you bad habits if it's your first language
>>
>>57671181
Learn assembly
>>
>>57671181
If you need directions, check out /r/dailyprogrammer on Reddit. Yeah, I know, this is 4chan, Reddit sucks, but that particular sub is great for improving your skills.
>>
>>57671181
>Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. I'm starting to teach myself C programming just out of curiosity and for a hobby.

You can start with Quick Basic 64. It's a good entry level programming language for hobbyists. It doesn't have advance features of other high level languages but it has a huge library of functions that allow you to do almost anything. The IDE that comes with it is a bit slow so you might want to use your own IDE for it.
>>
>>57671347
Python is not hard anyway. You have to be severely mentally disabled to fail learning python
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.