[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Browser thread, I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Pale-Moon-logo-256x256.png (80KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pale-Moon-logo-256x256.png
80KB, 256x256px
Is Pale Moon still /g/'s preferred browser, or has /g/ moved on to greener pastures that I'm not aware of?
>>
I didn't think it ever was.
That said, v27 was just released and it's full of improvements, so now's a good time to give it a chance.
>>
It's shit, like anything related to Firefox or indeed Mozilla.

Chromium et. al. is all that matters. Using anything else makes you a contrarian dick head.
>>
>>57668728
Is Chromium botnet-free? I always assumed that if you logged into any Google service from within Chromium, it logs in the entire browser into your Google account and makes it be the same as Chrome in terms of tracking
>>
>>57668766
So... don't log in?
>>
>>57668795
I have to use Google Drive for college-related stuff, so that's unavoidable
>>
>implying /g/ would know what a good browser is
>implying you must do whatever /g/ says
I dont care what the fuck /g/ thinks
Its my preferred browser for sure, and thats all
>>
>>57668894
I tried version 26 the day before 27 came out in a vm and I thought it was perfect. Version 27 isn't compatible with some of the extensions I used on 26.
>>
>>57668934
just look in the forums or ask Manchild himself for support. Maybe involve someone into fix that. The bigger the community and the collaboration, the better the browser becomes.
>>
File: spurdoburger.png (105KB, 1456x909px) Image search: [Google]
spurdoburger.png
105KB, 1456x909px
>want to get into browser development
>download icecat source
>install necessary packages
>compile errors
>diagnose common errors
>still compile errors
>go to #icecat irc on freenode
>ask for help with compiling errors
>*crickets*

so what the hell do I do now
>>
>>57668766
For what it's worth I'm logged into Drive on Iridium and it's not logged the browser itself into my Google account.
>>
>>57668689
>furry browser
No.
>>
File: palemoon-developers.jpg (170KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
palemoon-developers.jpg
170KB, 640x435px
>>57668988
>manchild
kek
>>
>>57668815
Make separate accounts then. Chromium allows for this.
>>
>>57668689
>Is Pale Moon still /g/'s preferred browser, or has /g/ moved on to greener pastures that I'm not aware of?
qutebrowser
>>
>>57668766
>wants a botnet-free browser
>logs into google services
the nerve of some people
>>
>>57668689
Pale Moon was practically useless until just yesterday when it was finally updated. Now most websites actually fucking work with it.
>>
>>57669739
>Now most websites actually fucking work with it.

I don't know which sites you're talking about, but I haven't had any compatibility issues.
>>
>>57669934
It didn't have MSE support until v27 so Youtube and friends didn't work too well.
But any reasonable person would be using open with mpv for videos anyway.
>>
Didn't the developer say that it was fundamentally flawed
>>
>>57670699
Yes.
>>
>>57668815
It's good practice to use different browsers for different things.
>>
>>57670699
elaborate?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.