[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: google fiber.jpg (117KB, 798x970px) Image search: [Google]
google fiber.jpg
117KB, 798x970px
what VPN are you using, /g/, and how is it?

is VPN Unlimited any good? theyre certainly cheap

im looking to get a VPN to secure my shit from nanny May and her bullshit spying law
>>
I'm looking for the same reason, I'd rather pay alittle more for better service so looking in the mid range. A couple of places have recommended oVpn but I haven't seen enough actual reviews on it yet
>>
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/

Enjoy
>>
Just use PIA it's cheap as shit and will do the job just fine.

The software it comes with is quite okay too with its built in killswitch if you're a windows user.

I'm going to assume you're not a filthy pedo so you don't really have to worry that deep.
>>
None because I'm not a criminal who has something to hide
>>
>>57661906
Idiot

Also i use nord-vpn a lot of servers and very torrent friendly
>>
AnonVPN
>>
whats the best way to pair a VPN with usenet?

If im going to pay to pirate I may as well go the whole way
>>
Why do people trust VPN providers? If someone, say a government agency or the RIAA, wanted to collect lots of detailed information about exactly the group of people they're interested in, the easiest thing for them to do would be to set up a VPN service and market it towards individuals who want anonymity online. Not only can the provider view everything you're doing, but they can tie it to you personally through your billing information, and if they market the service correctly they even have evidence that you signed up specifically to commit crimes. Do you think you would have any way to know if that were happening?
>>
>>57661725
moscow vps in a VM which pipes all traffic through it. it's ok.

also,
>buying a """"PREMIUM VPN"""" from random companies
>>
>>57661850
I think the kill switch exists on the Linux program also
>>
>>57663875
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
>>
I own the server that hosts my VPN :^)
>>
>>57661725
Using Perfect Privacy, it's great service and great product. Might be more expensive than some of the other options but in my opinion PP is just that much better.
https://www.perfect-privacy.com/
>>
Do they have bandwidth limits? Am I likely to cap it out torrenting a lot or streaming to twitch?
>>
>>57661725

I'm in the same boat, dude. I want to set it up through my router too, but that is something I am not familiar with.. Going to do plenty of Googling tonight.
>>
>>57661850
Seconding this
>>
PIA is literally one of the worst providers.

Rent a vps and use openvpn on the box.
>>
>>57661725
>>57661725

Just remember a VPN is more dangerous than your ISP knowing what you are up to if they keep logs.

A VPN must be hosted in an area with strict privacy laws, and outside of the reach of your country - so avoid US, Canada and EU/UK/Switzerland as a mater of point.

Make sure they are clearly stating they keep no logs.
>>
>>57666515
Even so, you've only got their word, no?
>>
>>57663875
Despite all the memes the guberment does not care about you pirating.
Copyright is civil law matter and the FBI won't actively persecute downloaders (they only go after big fish running the site). Also if they legit run honeypot VPN providers they won't blow their cover because you downloaded Game of thrones.

The RIAA can't just setup VPNs how they want, if my Ukrainian VPN provider turns out to be the RIAA they'd have probably violated a trillion business regulations by lying about their location, not paying taxes, etc. and be in much bigger trouble, and it's doubtful if their logs could even be used as evidence in such a case since it clearly has been collected using illegal methods. Not sure if this applies to VPN providers located in the US though.
>>
does it defeat the point of a VPN to buy one with a credit card or paypal?
>>
>>57667815
Not entirely though it is a worse solution
>>
>>57666515

Why not Switzerland? Don't they have good data protection laws?
>>
Any experience with cryptostorm?

I was using Mullvad for about 6 months, but my card information expired and I was thinking of switching to cryptostorm.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.