[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I root my phone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Hysky2R8n4-12.png (28KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Hysky2R8n4-12.png
28KB, 300x250px
Why should I root my phone?
>>
>>57661493
So you can downgrade the firmware on the floor and closes the door to a few people who are interested in learning more about your experience and how you are doing and what you are doing for the day.
>>
File: 1475822607337.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1475822607337.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>>57661582
>>"downgrade the firmware on the floor and closes the door"
>mfw no dinosaur
>>
>>57661493
To do shit that you need root for, duh.
Xposed and stuff.
>>
Kys, frogposter.
>>
If you have to ask, you shouldn't.
>>
The only real life reason i see is that because any shitty android phone no matter what is going to lagg and run like shit after 1-2 years and doesnt get any upgrades anymore, so you can install cyanogen mod.
>>
Depending on the phone you use I would recommend a custom rom and a custom kernel, the kernel often brings battery and signal improvements. Also you often get the newest Android version even if the company dropped support, I am currently running Android 6 on a 3 year old phone and it is smooth and runs like a charm.
If you just root I recommend greenify to make your battery last longer which for me doubled the time I can use my phone.
Also root enables you to debulk your system if there is alot of bloatware on it.
>>
>>57661493
So you can brag about it on /g/
That's about it
>>
I used to root my Motorolla Razr.. then I got LG4 and never needed to root till now.
>>
>>57661493
>why should i have admin access to my pc
>>
>>57661742
2014 Moto G user here
Still working bretty gud and up to date stock. Remember to clear the cache once in a while and wipe your arse after hitting the loo.
>>
>>57661493
I need it so I can manually change certain settings in the conf files and with that, back then up. Things like Wi-Fi passwords and such can be useful.
I also need it to manage my hosts file, I do not appreciate ads since they're on Google servers, and Google doesn't work here for me.
I also want to permanently remove bloatware by removing apps and disabling services.
I want to customize the interface the way I want to.
>>
>>57662002
Same.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.