[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Home & Amazon Echo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

I just want to control my music player with voice commands and possibly put on a specific song that I don't have on a whim, from youtube or a youtube playlist. These two are perfectly capable of doing that...provided that you are willing to pay $10 every month to the music service of your "choice". I've tried Google Home and reading reviews about the Echo tells me that I can expect the same flaw. Anyone else getting sick of companies trying to squeeze every last cent out of you? "Oh you've just paid $100+ for a shitty wireless speaker and microphone, please pay us $10 a month for the rest of your life or else you can only listen to songs like the one you want to hear right now"
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 98x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 98x94px
>I paid a hundred dollars to install a company's spying device in my home and now they're riping me off
>>
>>57661432
>being able to control your house with your voice is bad
>>
>>57663273

>having Google listen to everything you say, read everything you send in an email and search for, and send all that in a nice package to the government is a great idea

But hey, at least you don't have to walk to turn off the lights..
>>
File: 1442361083385.jpg (65KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1442361083385.jpg
65KB, 500x750px
>>57661274
>>57661432
1984 telescreens have arrived
>>
>>57661274
Not mentioning LingLong DingDong
>>
>>57663723
This
>>
>>57661274
Google home leta you connect your spotify account. I had a premium account before so I just like used that when I got a Google Home
>>
Google home = botnet
Enjoy being apart of Google's botnet
>>
>>57666902
> Boogeyman
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).png (90KB, 643x521px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).png
90KB, 643x521px
>>57667564

>ostrich

https://www.rt.com/news/188896-assange-google-nsa-spying/

Why would you trust Google to delete the irrelevant audio that they record when their entire business model depends on building profiles on customers?
>>
I gave up on trying to live my live botnet free
I figure whats so bad about being profiled for advertisements.

I bought an echo dot today for $40, I figure if all its capable of is being a hands-free voice controlled alarm clock, its still worth it. we'll see, my guess Is it will be a lot more useful than just that
>>
File: vetted.jpg (15KB, 294x301px) Image search: [Google]
vetted.jpg
15KB, 294x301px
>>57669943

>giving in to the botnet so that you don't have to push two buttons on an alarm clock
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.