[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2nd Copyright Infringement Notice from ISP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Watching Cops.jpg (55KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
Watching Cops.jpg
55KB, 302x302px
So that's pretty much it the issue; I called and said it was teenage neighbors hacking my wireless router again.

I'm using the Modem/Wi-fi Router they gave me when I signed up; not sure if this makes it easier for them to see/trace everything I do or not.

If so then I'll buy a new modem/router and sign up for a VPN.

Any suggestions on the safest/most anonymous VPN? Speed isn't a big concern, just don't want to get my service terminated.

Sorry if it's a n00b question; I've read articles and done some research but /g/ knows its' shit so I'd like your opinions/suggestions please.
>>
>>57653972
Okay i'm sure you might read the fucking sticky by now

1.- Avoid the 14 eyes of spying and Swiss VPN is the best thing you could ever purchase but that shit is for fucking richfags so do your research on what VPN you should get but you could even get PIA that is based on US but you shouldn't do the usual illegal shit like CP and terrorism since it's literally CIA but they don't give a shit about filesharing
2.- Yes, get a new router definitely, fags know how to set up a botnet easily since i'm sure you're in burgerstan
3.- You can get a seedbox as an alternative as well
4.- Don't ever think of getting into a private tracker, they're literally like IRC, a bunch of faggots that give blowjobs to themselves daily and they are the same shit as public ones just look at What.cd

That's all i can give you as an advice
>>
>>57653972
Stop using so many semicolons, faggot.
>>
Use a seedbox and stay legal.
>>
>>57654131

Thank you, comrade.

But aren't private trackers the way to go?

I know the whole ratio circle jerking thing but it's safer isn't it?

I got a sweet ass place and don't want to piss off my landlord when his ISP bans him due to my Jewness.
>>
>>57654181

I'm trying to being them back, senpai.
>>
>>57654239
>But aren't private trackers the way to go?
No, you can still get tracked and get another ISP notice
The ISP jews are more jew than you are, way more so they aren't even close to safe and private trackers only work for getting rare movies and shit
>>
>>57654131
>Swiss
They give up copyright infringers information dummy.
>>
>>57654312
God damn. i didn't knew that but isn't filesharing of copyrighted shit completely legal there? Or has it changed?
>>
>>57654181
>railsfag detected
>>
>>57654274

Thank you based, senpai.

My final question is this:

If use wi-fi if I sign up for a VPN such as Private Internet Access (PIA) will that hide my modem/wi-fi routers IP address too or just my computers?

I just don't want to sign up for a VPN on my computer but the modem/router combos' real IP is shown and another copyright notice hits.

I hope I explained it correctly.
>>
>>57654421
IIRC it changes everything but you should be careful for the DNS leaks, see the Install Gentoo wiki on the VPN page
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/VPN
>>
>>57654472

Thank you, senpai.

So you would definitely suggest buying a new, non-ISP issues modem/router, correct?

As for VPN's, is Private Internet Access (PIA) safe to use as an Americunt or should I get one overseas?

Those are my final questions and once again, thank you.

If there's a game on Steam you want, link your wishlist; it's the least I can do for all your help.
>>
>>57654511
>So you would definitely suggest buying a new, non-ISP issues modem/router, correct?
Yee
>As for VPN's, is Private Internet Access (PIA) safe to use as an Americunt or should I get one overseas?
I heard it's really safe since the feds already went there but no important info was there so it might be backed by the feds so it's safe i guess
Also i heard it has nice speeds for the hambagas as well but you better watch the news a lot just in case something changes with PIA, i recommend TorrentFreak

And i don't play vidya brah, but i'm just here to help some anons sometimes
>>
>>57654580

Well thanks for all the help; I'm a bit out of the IT game and the 2nd notice today had me playing catch up.

Headed out to buy a modem/router now.

Happy Thanksgiving, senpai.
>>
>>57654181
But; what if he doesn't want to use commas.
>>
>>57654511
anon any vpn that doesn't store logs is fine.
Beware about the following things tho:
1) if you don't set up your firewall (or vpn program if it supports it) properly if you lose connection to the vpn and you may leak your ip
2) using vpn 24/7 can be rough (for example you can't shitpost here), so it can happens that you forget about turning on your vpn before torrenting
3) I'm not so sure that ISP issued router is a botnet. Imho changing DNS should be fine (or even better dns crypt but it can get sloooow)

about checking what vpn keep logs: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/ check it here or on torrentfreak (once every year does reviews of some vpns), google, etc
Also check stacksocial for vpn deals, it currently has 1 year of anonvpn (which is proxpn but with less servers) for 1$

And do not give that anon any steam gift.

Alternatively: do you ameriburgers get copyright notices if you use pirate without P2P (DDL, usenet, etc)? I don't think so
>>
>>57654626
Yeah, always research and ask questions sometimes, but ask nicely or else you could get a b& from the mods depending of the time and day

Happy Thanksgiving brah!
>>
>>57653972

Good, you deserve to go to prison and get ass raped so hard you have to get a colostomy and spend the rest of your life shitting into a plastic bag strapped to your waist.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.