[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /g/ tink of ReactOS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: logo_alpha.png (303KB, 660x602px) Image search: [Google]
logo_alpha.png
303KB, 660x602px
Why use linux or windows when there's ReactOS!
>>
>>57644260

I can't play super tux racer on reactos
>>
>>57644276

^
>>
>>57644260

It would be great if it actually worked. Took longer for them to add sound support than for me to ditch windows and learn to use Ganoo/Linux with the same level of comfort...

Formidable effort though, the reactos devs have my repect.
>>
>>57644260
buggier than fucking XP and no software and vidya
>>
Every time I use the damn thing it either hangs or bluescreens.
>>
>>57644260
ReactOS is a huge failure, they have not even caught up to WinXP and it has been obsolete for years, the developers of ReactOS should leave and go get a real job, i hear Mcdonalds is hiring
>>
File: 220px-Club_mate.jpg (10KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Club_mate.jpg
10KB, 220x165px
>>57644260

Pretty awesome effort. Has accelerated considerably in the last few years.

Still useless due to basic functionality broken or missing, but I do estimate it'll have some uses within a couple year.
>>
>>57644260
Because Solus exists and has steam for games.
>>
>>57646168
Fuck off kevinnet
>>
I know the two projects share a lot, but I would prefer they concentrated their efforts entirely on Wine. The initial goal of providing a free replacement for Windows from the ground up is ever increasingly unfeasible.

Unrelated: can anyone explain to me the Solus meme?
>>
File: win8explorer_new.png (127KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
win8explorer_new.png
127KB, 1366x768px
>>57644260
i would like to extract the explorer from the last ReactOS to use it in my custom W8.1
i know it has been done by a dev but i don't know which files to import
>>
File: 1410582610488.jpg (18KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1410582610488.jpg
18KB, 300x188px
I want to learn programming just to contribute to ROS
>>
>>57644260
Because they're cucks. They should just steal all the windows source codes without worrying about lawsuits. Rebuilding from scratch is a terrible idea, they're a small team not an entire company so there's no way for ReactOS to become relevant any more than Windows XP in near future.
>>
File: wine.png (49KB, 1498x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wine.png
49KB, 1498x1080px
>>57644260
They clearly don't have the resources or developers needed to make it amount to something. It's like a buggy version of Windows ME and this has been the case for a very long time.

>>57646119
And even if they were to catch up with Windows XP today.. what would be the point?

If you really do want to run some ancient win32 binary and absolutely don't want Windows then you're actually much better off using GNU/Linux and WINE (see pic related, Windows program running under GNU/Linux with WINE).
>>
>>57648607
There was a sichism beatween the devs about that, that was ime ago and I dunno how that went but seems that the people who tried to dessamble windows didn't went far.

>>57648662
React devs will tell you Linux is not the answer, generally with the same concerns that normies have.
>>
Very impressive project. The lead developer gives talks every so often that are interesting to listen to, so that lands more respect for the project from me.
>>
>>57649073
Mind linking us to one?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.