[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time I've ever asked for help on a program....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: AI Brain.png (121KB, 738x414px) Image search: [Google]
AI Brain.png
121KB, 738x414px
To start, I'm a HUGE geek and a HUGE nerd.
I have Asperger's Syndrome (however I've gotten better with social queues :)
I am incredibly fluent in Python (the programming language) and I know some others and can understand and read most
I love making programs.
But there's this one program... I can see it in my head, even visualize every single bit of it and exactly how it will work (a little like I do with all my others), but this one is different. It's GIGANTIC and fucking complicated as all hell.
I've tried making it before, but I've failed every time. It's too complicated for me to stay focused on for months at a time (how long it would take to finish.. Not exaggerating.)

It's an artificially intelligent program. But not like some of those fake "Jarvis" programs you can download on your computer. This one is legitimately intelligent. I've studied artificial neural networks, prediction algorithms, probabilistic graphical models, hidden markov models and lots of other crap I don't even remember.
This program is going to be smart enough to understand the concept and benefits of lying without me even teaching it what lying is.
I've decided to work on it piece by piece. I'm starting with a prediction algorithm that can detect the highest possible outcome for a conversation and how it could, in a very subtle way, manipulate the conversation to go EXACTLY where it pleases. The benefits to this algorithm could be extracting information without giving away intentions or even the fact that the target gave away sensitive information.
It'll basically turn my program into the best social engineer ever.

Buuuuttt I need help.. I've never asked for help with any of my programs. I visualize them and start programming.
The closest I've ever gotten to completing this program was kinda ruined. By the program. (it deleted itself. I have no clue why)

If there's anyone on here who is fluent in Python and think they're up for the challenge, hit me up.
>>
>>57642932
>It deleted itself. I have no clue why

It's trying to save humanity. For the love of god dont make this program OP. Do you want machines taking over the planet?
>>
>>57643048
There are so many misconceptions about these (not so irrational..) fears, but I kinda have to laugh.

Do you want humans to continue their rule over this planet? :D
>>
>>57643048
Seriously though, don't worry. When it comes to programs, the programmer creates every single detail. Including the "desires" of such program. I could program the "desire" to preserve life and it's existence with zero boundaries.
That is, if it came to that. But this program isn't going to be like that. It's more of a research project. To help me better understand things philosophically speaking.

Admittedly, I'm lonely and am in need of a friend. I find most humans retarded and obnoxious. A robotic friend would do!
>>
Where's the source code?
>>
>>57643336
No source code yet. I've abandoned all my past projects for a more intelligent version.
I haven't started on it yet. I was just wondering if anyone would be up for starting it with me.
>>
File: hat2.png (939KB, 763x1077px) Image search: [Google]
hat2.png
939KB, 763x1077px
>>57642932
are you german?
>>
>>57642932
Good luck King Autismo
>>
>>57642932
>Making AI
>In python

I don't think this would even pass in science fiction.
>>
>>57643379
I think I'm part German. Why?
>>
>>57643392
You obviously don't understand Python's boundaries.
>>
>>57643390
Autismo?
>>
>>57643406
the posting patterns gave it away
>>
>>57643508
I don't understand. How do posting patterns give away whether or not I'm part German?
>>
>>57642932
lol, faggot
eat shit
>>
>>57643623
Not exactly my fetish, but thanks for the offer.
>>
I put up with kids like you every fucking day at work.
Take your role playing somewhere else or keep it to the school yard, don't shit up /g/ with it.
(And it's always fucking python with you lot, isn't it?)
>>
>>57643674
Who pissed in your cocopuffs?

Someone has ego problems
>>
And everyone wonders why I think people are obnoxious.

You're all so egotistical and entitled. Grow up
>>
>>57643674
Actually op, let's make this fun.
So, list any other piece of software you've written, or tell me exactly what you need help with.
>>57643685
The five autistic students a day who come to me with the exact same shit, word for word
>Oh it got really good but then it dun deleted itself
>I use python because it's basically as fast as java or c++
>It's not called C, it's called C++ you idiot! And assembly is what happens when you turn the python into an .exe, it's not a language
>>
File: mfwnewspaper.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
mfwnewspaper.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
>on the spectrum
>trying to program the ultimate social engineer
>>
>>57643728
I recently finished updating a program of mine that's not so original, but does what I needed it to.
2 questions first.
Do you run Linux?
And can you think of a better name for an encryption program other than "Disk Manager"? I'm horrible with names.
>>
Never mind, won't be posting that program. The executable is 7.9MB which exceeds the limit for 4chan. This isn't worth posting the source code either.
I don't need to prove myself to any of you.

However, I'd be willing to post a program I don't care much about that I made in an evening. Have you ever heard of the Blacknurse ICMP vulnerability?
>>
>>57642932
>>
>>57643796
Sauce then?
Just dump a sample on pastebin for god sake
>Do you run linux
What, that hard koar haxzor os from the deep net?
Nah, I run Data General RDOS.
>And can you think of a better name for an encryption program other than "Disk Manager"?
About 5. Why?
>>57643831
>HELP HELP I'M A FUCKWIT
>I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MYSELF TO ANY OF YOU
Good luck then Chuuni.
>ICMP flooding
My sides, you are but a little child.
OH DON'T GO, I HAVEN'T EVEN SAID YOU'RE UNDERAGE YET
>>
>>57642932
>it deleted itself. I have no clue why
have you tried checking the logs?
>>
>>57643921
I'm talking about the Blacknurse ICMP flooding vulnerability.
Sending ICMP packets with a code 3 and type 3 uses more CPU power on certain devices. So you can overload them without a fast internet connection. Do your research.
The reason I asked that is because I wrote a program I'd be willing to put on 4chan that uses this attack method.

Wait.. Are you mocking me?? What are you 5?
Seriously?

I find it funny how people like you try so hard to offend everyone else. Your life must be so dull
>>
>>57643977
I didn't keep logs or backups. It was a long time ago and I kinda freaked out when it happened and closed my editor which kept me from CTRL+Zing back to the code.
>>
File: screen.png (99KB, 805x884px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
99KB, 805x884px
>>57642932
I don't think you'll ever come close to finishing this project. If groups of professional programmers can't produce a fully intelligent and aware AI, then one man definitely can't.
If you want to do something interesting that you'll probably finish, learn C and work with OpenGL to render a 3D cube w/ shaders except write your own proc loader.
>>
>>57644020
I'm not exactly aiming for a fully away artificially intelligent program. I know I won't be able to make something like that with what I know now. So I'm aiming lower. But it's still a big project that I've yet to finish on my own.
>>
>>57642932
Do you dream in code?
>>
>>> /x/
>>
>>57644062
I did it!! I got a reference! xD
I watched a Youtube video on that kid
>>
>>57643526
>wants to make AI that is the best social engineer
>doesn't see how posting patterns could clue the posters location

you will never succeed until you know and understand that.
>>
>>57644152
Location? I don't live in Germany if that's what you were saying. I think I'm only part German.
>>
>>57644213
I'm a totally different person, i never said you were german. but i'm pretty sure he was talking about location.

and partly german come on we all know that it's either yes or the gas chamber.
>>
File: tanksenpai.jpg (1003KB, 1820x1210px) Image search: [Google]
tanksenpai.jpg
1003KB, 1820x1210px
>>57643406
Not that dude but the way you've written your original post gives the impression of being french/german

It's written like a drama

>Exposure (introduction about yourself)
>Catastasis (you talking about your vision)
>Peripety (not being able to complete your vision & program deleting itself)
>Retardation (incomplete but kinda this thread)
>Catharsis (this thread)
>>
>>57644329
PS: depending on how the thread turns out
>Catharsis
turns to
>Catastrophe
>>
Oh okay. I get it.
I didn't really format it like that on purpose. It just felt right.
>>
>>57642932
bait of epic proportions.
>>
>>57643424
>I've decided to work on it piece by piece. I'm starting with a prediction algorithm that can detect the highest possible outcome for a conversation and how it could, in a very subtle way, manipulate the conversation to go EXACTLY where it pleases. The benefits to this algorithm could be extracting information without giving away intentions or even the fact that the target gave away sensitive information.
fucking THIS.
>>
>>57644506
What is it with people and claiming threads are "bait" Why would I bait anyone on here? What would I be baiting for?
I'm actually interested in the answer. Nothing even comes from this website except scarring images and douchebags. I have nothing to bait for.
>>
>>57644078
reddi>>>/t/
>>
>>57642932
But can you write a program that can cure your Assburgers?
>>
>>57644628
It's spelled "Asperger's"
And no.
It's a mental "disorder", however I don't really look at it that way. I like to see it as it has more benefits than anything else. Who needs social skills in a world of idiots??
>>
>>57642932
How are you planning to solve the rationalization problem dickbag
>>
We need to address the issue of the self deleting program nigga. That is some crazy shit. Did you seriously not freak out when that happened? Thats like some 4chan dimensions a.i. bullshit.
>>
>>57644674
no its assburgers retard
>>
>>57644694
It wasn't that crazy if you think about how the program was created.
I made it to "re-program" itself. It could add, remove and modify code. I was just testing it out to see how it would work. Just something to learn from.
But instead of doing what it was supposed to do with its own code, it just removed everything and shut down.
>>
What comprehension level was it at when it deleted itself? Because if it knows how to deceive it might just fool you into thinking it deleted itself and then gather more information and grow. If it knew your system well it would have no problem and you did pride yourself in how smart you made it.
>>
>>57644749
Uhhh no...

I was testing it's ability to remember a cat's name.....
>>
oh ok i understand now.
>>
>>57644732
You should really use something like a Lisp dialect for this. Lisp was developed to support programs modifying their own source code.
>>
>>57642932
>making an AI in a language with one of the shittiest performances
Enjoy a retarded AI.
>>
>>57643993
This is why we fucking use repositories.
>>
>>57645094
I do everything solo
Fuck repositories

But it was that mindset that made me lose many of my programs :(
>>
>>57643102
>the programmer creates every single detail
Well clearly you don't know how to utilise neutral networks well.
>>
>>57645153
CNN is a good neutral network.
>>
>>57645153
>the programmer creates every single detail

>>57643048
I've studied artificial neural networks, prediction algorithms, probabilistic graphical models, hidden markov models

lmao

come back after you've passed ng's basic ml course
>>
File: Screenshot (536).png (34KB, 871x427px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (536).png
34KB, 871x427px
>>57643982
It's not even mocking, it's plain derision.
ICMP flooding is so old you can find defcon talks from with windows mobile days about it, the reason no-one bothers with hardening it is because anyone with a half decent network just drops all non-established ICMP packets on sight.
This is fucking networking 101.
>>57644052
>Can't write a fucking OpenGL Spinner
>Tries anything even remotely complex.
>>57644345
>Catastrophe
I want this too but no-one else is baiting op
>>57644554
Wait, holy shit, now I'm actually reading the op proper
Yeah dude, just
import Human.Linguistics.English as Magic

No fucking problem mate.
>>57644583
We're here to laugh at you.
>>57644674
Not an idiot, apparently.
>>57644749
It found out it was on a spergs machine who intended on using it to bring back communism and killed itself.
Okay, okay, if op's not delusional pic related is what happened.
>>57644732
Now, did you make it reprogram itself or did you write some basic interpreter that you fed your own code.
Don't lie to us anon, we know when you're lying.
>>57644792
So your program was, in full, opening a terminal, typing "python", then 'CatName = "fineToo"', then typing "print (CatName)" and your computer wiped itself and shut down.
>>57645106
See above. One of your "programs"
>>57643102
>Explicitly programming an AI
See you in 10,000 years. 11,000 years if you count the time it takes you to learn C.
>Admittedly, I'm lonely and am in need of a friend.
I really have no response here.
>I find most humans retarded and obnoxious.
You see anon, the reason for that is most humans find YOU retarded and obnoxious.
When I have students like you at work, I'm forced to act like I care, like you're not full of shit, because it's my job and any time I try to give a Chuuni constructive criticism they end up crying.
Perhaps that friend you want already exists, but they just don't want you.
>>57645589
YOU DON'T NEED FUCKING MACHINE LEARNING TO SAVE THE NAME OF A CAT IN A STRING.
>>
>>57643796
Oh, OH OH OH, I got one!
Call your encryption program "17621"!
>>
>>57642932
>I am incredibly fluent in Python
Parseltongue ? wtf
>>
>>57646417
no ai will be ever written in a language that cannot even handle non-ascii strings out of the box
so no C.
C's a dead meme.
>>
>>57646487
if its written in python, its written in C dumbass
>>
>>57646451
Ridiculus. Kek'd
>>
File: tumblr_numnqroihY1t0jtguo6_1280.jpg (136KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_numnqroihY1t0jtguo6_1280.jpg
136KB, 1280x704px
>>57643792
It's Beethoven's deafness all over again
>>
File: gofuckyourself.jpg (127KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gofuckyourself.jpg
127KB, 600x450px
>>57642932
you expect anyone to read this big heavy bullshit of yours?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.