[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I combine software engineering with music and still make money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1479413822808.jpg (172KB, 746x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479413822808.jpg
172KB, 746x599px
How do I combine software engineering with music and still make money?
>>
>>57641407
Design the next music engineering software
>>
>>57641420
just hoping to start college next year.

maybe you can elaborate on that and give me some tips and pointers on what to google.
>>
>>57641427
Design the next engineering music software
>>
Invent a program that will allow people to share MP3 files with one another. Give it a catchy name.
>>
>>57641407
DSP programming?

I'm just about to wrap up an audio engineering degree where i learnt practically nothing. wishing i did software engineering. I'm getting pretty good at Max but I don't know how frivolous it is to sell devices/patches. I know some people who get commercial work for it but its sparse.

i'd love to work on hardware/daw software but again, i've barked up the wrong tree.
>>
>>57641427
Just fuck around with software and programming. Learn a couple programming languages and try to design some applications. You'll need to do that before you can do any combining.
>>
>>57641439
Nerpster
>>
File: Miku_hatsune_cover.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Miku_hatsune_cover.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>57641407
Does this make money? I don't really know
>>
>>57641407
Take a warm bath. While in that bath, use a razor or scalpel to make an incision on the anterior side of your left arm, starting at a position slightly proximal of the distal end of your humerus and directly superior to one of those blue squiggly things. Extend the incision down your arm in a distal direction, following the blue squiggly thing all the way to your palm. Repeat with the right arm, immerse both arms then wait for a bit under an hour and you will learn the secret to accomplishing this goal.
>>
>>57642030
>he thinks this works IRL
>>
Learn OpenAL and develop an actual good and relatively cheap sequencer.
Please.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.