[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are UI/UX designers a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: UX-Inforgraphic.png (173KB, 1200x1092px) Image search: [Google]
UX-Inforgraphic.png
173KB, 1200x1092px
>>
no because programmers are autists that assume everyone is as good at using computers as them

t. programmer
>>
Yes, there are entire legions of "educated" young people who went to "design" schools and jack off to kinetic typography blogs and design quarterly magazines and use pretentious terminology to refer to design elements that nobody gives 2 fucks about.
An ideal "UX designer" would know how to implement their designs in software or in typesetting so they could be more than just an "ideas person", but this is almost never the case.
>>
>>57637826
And it's because of that shitty elitist attitude that most FOSS software is an unusable clusterfuck
>>
Yes. Any competent programmer should also be able to draft up wireframes, storyboards, sequence/class/activity/state diagrams
>>
>>57637779
>There are soft skill fields that rival my autistic field's salary, so they are memes
>>
No, and this is the reason GNU/Linux will never become popular.
>>
>>57637779
hobbyist here
do companies hire people to exclusively design UIs?
>>
I have no idea what people are taught in design courses, but yes producing good interfaces are critical.
I had a course on human-computer interactions and I liked it a lot. Read one of Alan Dix's books
>>
Yes

Fuck webdevs or anything the user sees desu
>>
>>57637779

It's a hoax.

Back in the days the designers were doing their print media, but then the internet fucked them over and they all lost their underpayed cuck jobs.

And then the golden Photoshop days were also gone, because responsive web design was on the rise.

Full of panic they wer seeking for a solution, a way to prevent teh damagoe done to them by the bad programmers. But how? Even the dumbes apes knew that you don't put red words on purple ground, even the pajeetest newbie could make good looking jumbotrons.

Things were getting out of control. But then they centered all their meme power and in their anguish the great Kek spoke to them: "Your jpob is basically to invent things, right? So invent a niche! Be creative!"

And so they created new terms and spoke with heavenly tongues: "But how about the user EXPERIENCE?"

"The.. what?" the clueless programmers replied, working hard for their lousy dollars.

"The EXPERIENCE! I bet you donÄt even have a mootboard, right?"

"Well, the only mootboard I know I called 4cahn, but moot left some.."

"Nah, you don't understand give me your hard earned money and I will give you EXPERIENCE."

And that's how it all began and the designers weren't NEETs anymore.
>>
>>57637779
holy shit just murder whoever made that infograph pls

and while on it murder everyone that looks like those faggots in the picture as well
>>
>>57637779
>Visual Strenghts
>>
File: aZcyf.png (83KB, 431x324px) Image search: [Google]
aZcyf.png
83KB, 431x324px
>>
>>57637779
>Are UI/UX designers a meme?
yes. it's all marketing bullshit
>>
File: o_filematrix[1].png (65KB, 869x680px) Image search: [Google]
o_filematrix[1].png
65KB, 869x680px
Yes it's absolutely a meme, you don't need usability. Or documentation. Or source control. Just like write software.
>>
>>57637779
>UX: reality
>UI: feelings

only one is valid
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.