[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1478620682616.jpg (162KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478620682616.jpg
162KB, 2048x1536px
Why is Tor so often related with criminal activity? Why can't there be a browser with Tor like privacy, but not the access to illegal sites? Do you use Tor? Why?
>>
>>57634280
I am smart enough to change mozilla's settings myself and use a VPN instead.
Much faster, no questionable traffic from drug-dealing nodes.
>>
>Why is technology designed for masking user identity and behaviour related with criminal activity
Truly a mystery, we're gonna need some professionals to answer that one.

>Why can't there be a browser with Tor like privacy, but not the access to illegal sites?
Use a VPN
>>
>>57634303
>mozilla
>safe
Top kek
>>
>>57634346
>Implying Tor browser is not mozilla with fancy addon button and about:config
>>
>>57634303
>>57634321
How does a VPN protect against browser fingerprinting?
>>
>>57634376
>Tor browser UA and exit node IP protects from fingerprinting
Oh goy, here we go
>>
>>57634398
It objectively does.
>>
>>57634404
If you use Tor, every website you visit knows you use Tor.
If you use a VPN set up on some ISP's VPS, every website knows you as this ISP's customer.
>>
>>57634346
you do have a point in that the competition to break browsers did stop using firefox in the competition.

all about chrome, which sucks 2bqh
>>
File: 1477830467121.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1477830467121.png
75KB, 325x244px
>>57634280
How does he wash his hands?
>>
>>57634429
Everyone using Tor has the same user agent. So websites can't differentiate between different Tor users. They can identify you if you just use the same VPN all the time.
>>
>>57634502
mac users hands never get filthy you imbecile
>>
>>57634303

Yeah, the FBI is lazy so they collect IP addresses and try to correlate with activity, but they clearly don't understand the technology or don't care that that's not how it works.
>>
>>57634429
>believing some faggot on the internet
VPN is bullshit and doesn't hide jack shit kiddo.
>>
>>57636132
What do you need to "hide" in particular?
Tor is just a fancy name for chain of proxies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.