[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IP cameras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1414211328280.jpg (89KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
1414211328280.jpg
89KB, 750x653px
Given the recent worms involving popular IP cameras, are there ANY decent ones (around 4MP, 1080p+, preferably PoE) that don't come with 12 thousand different ways to become part of a botnet? I don't want it forwarding ports for me, I just want it to expose two different streams: standard and high definition.

I'm guessing that it's for the best to isolate them all on a VLAN because I don't want them IPv6 addressable either, and this would solve most of my problems.

I'm not incompetent, I know how to automate alerts, I want to basically have a setup like this:
1) local server consumes standard definition video stream using motion
2) if motion is detected, capture the high definition stream to disk
3) if any new files are in a directory, upload them to amazon cloud drive.
4) further, send an email (and/or text, if I want to pay for sending through a gateway) with the alert.

Ideally I'd be checking another external condition to start/stop motion. But that's beyond the scope of this thread.

It's all easily automated, but I really don't want four or so cameras on my network to be scanning IPv4 space for a skid.

And I REALLY don't want to rely on shitty software written by silicon valley dipshits and/or chinese who think giving me the ability to connect to my camera, without personally VPNing into my local network, is a good idea.
>>
File: old man yells at cloud.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
old man yells at cloud.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
bump
>>
Interested in this as well.

What's with the worms and IP cameras?
>>
>>57634590
98 seconds
https://twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/799556482719162368
>>
File: 1438917373541.png (105KB, 296x274px) Image search: [Google]
1438917373541.png
105KB, 296x274px
There must be some faggot who actually leaves their house and bought a non-shit IP camera around here.
>>
>>57635453
I have actual security at my house, so.
>>
>>57635546
As in a monitoring service?
That's not going to stop break and take, friend, especially in an area where the police don't have the resources to respond quickly to home alarms.
Which most departments don't, considering all the false positive alarms.
I'd like to be able to at least capture some dipshits car scoping out my house, pulling in the driveway, or even pulling a plate or having a description for police to go by.
>>
>>57635602
No I have actual security guards.

What do you think an IP cam is going to stop? Just don't expose them to the internet and you'll be fine.
>>
>>57635706
Nothing, but it'd be a great deterrent beyond a sticker or yard sign proclaiming that there's an actual security system.
And, something to go by after the fact.
>just don't expose them to the internet
Yeah, seems like proper routing is the only option.
>guards
u havin a laff m8?
>>
>>57635706
>>57635882
Basically, think of it like this.
A dog is a deterrent. It's not going to stop robberies.
If someone is determined enough, they're going to feed the dog treats or smash the dog's mouth with a fucking hammer.
Guards are a deterrent. Obviously they're not in front of your door or in your "house" all the time.
And if you actually live somewhere with communal guards, security cameras are also used as another deterrent.
None of them particularly stop anyone from breaking in and stealing shit.
>>
>>57635882
>And, something to go by after the fact.
Right, so grab a DVR and have someone check on it periodically, job done.
>u havin a laff m8?
Mostly, I don't expect the average person to have guards, but it's the closest thing to you actually being there.

Dogs for security is the dumbest shit ever. If I want what's in your house, I'm going to kill it.
>>
>>57634604
Holy kek
>>
File: firepower.jpg (161KB, 572x503px) Image search: [Google]
firepower.jpg
161KB, 572x503px
>>57635706
>Mfw I Only have cameras for Home Insurance.
>>
>>57633970
>putting your security camera on the Internet
Are you incompetent or something?
>I'm not incompetent
wot
Just put it on your private network and port forward with SSH if you want to access it remotely.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.