[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should i use it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: linux.jpg (214KB, 998x679px) Image search: [Google]
linux.jpg
214KB, 998x679px
Why should i use it?
>>
>>57632707
Because the pinguino is cute
>>
>>57632724
Thats a good point, im switching to linux
>>
How else are you going to post sweet riced out pics of your screenfetch?
>>
>>57632707
if you're a programmer and you're using a mac don't bother.

if you are a programmer and using windows then your life will be 100x easier on linux

if you're just playing games and shit then just keep using windows
>>
>>57632966
What if im a programmer and a gaymer?
>>
>>57632982
two computers or maybe VirtualBox.
>>
>>57633013
this
>>
>>57632707
haxxor kred.
>>
>>57632982
ye. dualboot, virtual box, two computers. whatever. just understand that windows is shit when you're trying to get things done.

example: recently i was working on a report and needed to append two pdfs. didn't know how. so i googled it. found a package that had what i needed and it took 1 line in the terminal to install it. and then appending the pdfs took just another line. only took a couple of minutes

if this was windows i would have had to have googled what software is out there that appends pdfs. downloaded an installer. tried to figure out the gui. then probably figured out that it won't work because i have the unpaid version. and end up back at square one. probably taking an hour at least.

this is just one example. you really should not be using windows unless you need something that only it offers.
>>
>>57632707
It's great for developers
>>
>>57632707
>Why should i use it?
If you honestly need to ask, then it's probably not for you.
And I don't mean that in an offensive kind of way, it's just meant to be a neutral statement.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.