[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I recently upgraded my pc with a better GPU because my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: k4-139162362943.jpg (21KB, 202x204px) Image search: [Google]
k4-139162362943.jpg
21KB, 202x204px
Hello

I recently upgraded my pc with a better GPU because my games were running like shit, but now they run like shit and in some isolated instances even worse.

I've been told online that it's my CPU that's incapable of keeping up, which makes sense as I had to fall back on some low-budget parts because I couldn't boot my pc earlier this year and my performance problems had started at that point.

Now I can't afford a new cpu at the moment because I have no spare money, my dad suggested I look into possible bugs in the individual parts not communicating properly but I don't know where to start looking.

My setup is:
>Asus A88x-Plus Main
>AMD A6-6400k CPU
>4x Corsair XMS3 8 GB ram
>Palit GTX1060 GPU
>Samsung SSD 850 Pro

Can you help me or will it be the good old throwing money at it until it goes away?
>>
>>57632208
Unfortunately, all you can do at this point is turn off or down CPU heavy graphics settings, like shadows, lighting or physics.

Your CPU is definitely the weak point. OCing it might help a little, but that's probably out of your league.

Your dad's suggestion is really out of date, that might have happened in 90's systems, but is unlikely to be the cause for anything nowadays.
>>
>>57632208
>32GB RAM
>GTX 1060
>850 Pro
>Crippled dual-core AMD APU

:') never change /g/
>>
>>57632265
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I expected as much, I had to at least try and see if I could do anything about it.

>>57632284
If it helps to maintain the good name of this board, I'm from /tg/ usually lurking for humour threads on other boards.
>>
>>57632373
Buy an Athlon X4 880k and kick the can
>>
>>57632422
A used Athlon x4 860k can be obtained pretty cheap these days, less than 30€ even.
>>
>>57632208
>AMD A6-6400k

You're fucked mate. You''re going to need to replace everything when you upgrade to Intel, aside from the graphics card and the storage.
>>
>>57632480
Mobo and cpu are the only thing he needs to change. A cpu cooler either he has or gets a stock one with the cpu.
>>
>>57632480
>falling for the skymeme in a budget build

xd
>>
File: Turkeys!.jpg (14KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
Turkeys!.jpg
14KB, 200x295px
>>57632503
>purchasing poo driver when a 6600k build is mowing lawn money at this point
>>
>>57632547
>he thinks 2 generation old Intel hardware disappears off the earth after they increase their IPC by 3-5% and iGPU perf by 10%

xddd
>>
The newest Nvidia driver has caused problems for me and other people, use DDU and and then install the second or third most recent driver
>>
>>57632208
The CPU is definitely a bottleneck that's not allowing your GPU to operate at its fullest potential. I recommend upgrading it to a core i5 or waiting for AMD zen in early 2017.
>>
>>57632422
>>57632474
Is the Athlon really going to make much of a difference?

For example: Overwatch is currently running at 14 fps at lowest settings, with at one point dropping to 4 fps.

I was already prepared to save up money and do >>57632480 >>57632500 for a solid build, but if a cheaper option will yield results I would definitely go for that.
>>
>>57632743
*Yield results quicker
>>
>>57632743
A Skylake i3 with a DDR3 motherboard would be more cost effective. I mentioned the Athlon because you said you didn't have money to buy something Intel.
>>
>>57632743
It will be a pretty big upgrade considering the price you pay. With your current mobo, you can even overclock that CPU to even get you more bang for your buck.
>>
>>57632806
>>57632743
I had forgotten that Skymeme only wants DDR3L officially btw. Only some board vendors support DDR3 (up to 32GB)
>>
>>57632806
That's why I'm asking.

If an Athlon will get me to the point where I could for example play overwatch with a stable fps at around 40, I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. If it's just going to notch me up by 5 fps I'll exercise patience.

>>57632900
Call me a pussy but I'd rather not overclock. If I can operate shit within its capacity it makes me sleep better at night.
>>
>>57632958
You must be pretty new with computers.

Overclocking isnt that scary once you get in to it.
Sure it may be tedious to get things stable, but it will not fuck your computer up if you crash a few times. If you get it stable and within your comfort zone, you'll be fine. Besides with the GUI bios we have nowadays, its really easy aswell. There are tons of guides on the internet.
>>
>>57632958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et9qpRk7tlM

Just look at youtube tbqhfamalamadingdongeridoo
>>
>>57633003
Yes, I'm new with actually building and maintaining a computer and fondling around the hardware, myself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.