[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transaction speed of Apple Pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ph01.png (183KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
ph01.png
183KB, 1754x1240px
Apple pay have been made compatible with suica, one of those NFC IC cards in Japan.
That mean Apple pay users (with Japanese iPhone 7 or Smartwatch 2) can pay train fare in Japan by using their iPhone.
However, according to a video from London Underground, it takes about 5 seconds for Apple Pay on iPhone to finish a transaction at ticket gate.
Japanese train company require the entire transaction should be done within 0.2s in order to allow each gate handle up to 60 person per minute, otherwise people would be piling up behind the gate onto platforms, which would be dangerous and possibly life-threatening.
Why it take Apple Pay so long to complete a transaction?
>>
>>57630482
>0.2s each
>60 people/minute
really makes me think
>>
>>57630504
>Once the gate opens people are instantly teleported to the other side
>>
>>57630522
The gate doesn't need to be opened. As long as the transaction is completed, people will be teleported to the other side.
>>
>>57630504
>0.2s each
>60 people/minute
means that each person only spends 1 second at the gate on average, including walking ... so transaction needs to take far less than a second

not rocket science dude
>>
>>57630504
The ticket gates at Japanese stations don't close unless there is a payment failure, or you don't enter a ticket or place a card before crossing too far through the gate, which means people can just walk straight through without breaking stride.

>>57630482
I wouldn't be surprised if the Suica payment is done without waiting for a connection to a banking service. Perhaps you charge up a "wallet" in the device from your credit card and then it can make deductions from that wallet instantly.
>>
>>57630651
Not sure about Apple pay but Android pay work without internet connection.
>>
>>57631058
The thing about SUICA is that they are prepaid cards so there s no need to do any network traffic in the swipe phase, just query the balance on the card and deduct it if necessary. Most likely all the transactions are handled in batch at the end of the day to decide which companies get the money.

How it is exactly implemented on Apple Pay, I don't know. They could make it so that your balance is basically whatever your credit card balance is and it debits the payment from your card after you pass through the gate but I think it is more likely they have a wallet for SUICA that you just put money into (by making a payment to JR or whoever holds the funds) and as you swipe through the gates the funds get allocated to the correct parties.
>>
>>57631141
I am not sure about Apple pay, but on android pay, after you swipe the card, transaction communications are handled on card reader side and so that you can put your phone into airplane mode and still pay via Android pay. The working model of Apple pay should be similar enough to allow the use of one reader for both of them. So in term of how the transaction is handled, a card should be same as a phone.
>>
>using your phone to pay for things
>trusting any more parties than necessary with your payment information
You people are retarded. I'll be lmaoing my ass off once the inevitable fappening 2.0 happens and card details are also leaked.
>>
>>57630482
>Why it take Apple Pay so long to complete a transaction?
This latency might vary from country to country and depending on the facility. I expect Japan has their shit in order, the tube is not a shining example of technology at all.
>>
>>57631323
Even without the phone, government can still track where have you been to, via IC cards and cameras.
>>
>>57631323
Laughing my ass offing my ass off...
>>
>>57631364
Who said anything about government? They've got their hands up my ass anyway. I'm just concerned about muh hard earned murican shekels possibly being stolen by some Ukrainian.
>>
>>57631384
what? leaking your IC card number won't enable others stole your money.
>>
>>57631426
>what? leaking your IC card number won't enable others stole your money.
>t. Romanian fraudster
>>
>>57631490
My ic card number is 71647101(3), come take my moneu :)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.