[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Windows the only OS with sequels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 84 KaB.jpg (84KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
84 KaB.jpg
84KB, 600x602px
Mac OS X and all Linux distros just have version updates.

That's their problem.

They need to stop with the incremental shit and just have one big release every few years.
>>
>>57627612
Microsoft doesn't do that anymore since vista
>>
>>57627612
>ubuntu 16.04
>not having sequels.
Are you autistic?
>>
>>57627636
Extremely little difference between it and 14.04. You've just reinforced the OP point.
>>
>he doesn't know about Linux 2
>>
Macintosh definitely had hyped up 'sequel' level releases in the past, but I never really used them so can't elaborate

Obviously when Windows 95 dropped it was lit, but after that 98, me, 2000, xp, vista or whichever order they came... nothing big. not even 7 just a gradual progression it always felt like they were just steadily improving Windows 95

then Windows 8 dropped and that's a sequel, that's like the really shitty direct to video sequel where the lead roles have different actors and they ruin the series
>>
>>57627649
>newer kernels
>security patches
>kernel is now systemd based
>no software center
>apt over apt-get
Maybe you just don't know much.
>>
File: 9 KBs_.jpg (9KB, 235x175px) Image search: [Google]
9 KBs_.jpg
9KB, 235x175px
>>57627702
>newer kernel
>security patches
>systemd

woooooooooowwwww

hoo boy that's some exciting shit

security patches?! I need to sit down..
>>
>>57627832
by that logic
Win 1 - 3.11 same, Win 98 - ME same, Win NT- XP same, Win Vista - 10 same. nice 4 versions.
>>
>>57627612
>he doesn't know that OS X is actually the tenth version of Macintosh OS, and that OS IX (OS 9) came before it
>>
>>57627651
pfffheh it's like he wants the NSA to backdoor him or something
>>
>>57627912
You are basically correct. Although ME and XP belong in the same family rather than NT which basically ended with 2000.
>>
>>57627612
Because they want to use the hype to fool normies into buying new useless versions.
>>
They sell windows.
They need new windows to sell to make profit.

Well, they're going to stop, but the only reason Microsoft has pushed such software revisions before has been simply because they're a for profit company and therefore need to make artificial things to sell to keep themselves alive.
>>
>>57627649
so exactly like mac os 10.10-10.11?
or windows 8.1 to windows 10?
>>
>>57627612
Episode 8 jumped the shark.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.