[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do successful youtubers all use Macs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 31

File: Casey-Neisat-Balenciaga-Glasses.jpg (298KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Casey-Neisat-Balenciaga-Glasses.jpg
298KB, 1800x1200px
Look at these guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QpJ_VDbIPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSe6VFMu2HQ&t=61s
>>
>>57627479
Not just youtubers... all successful ppl use Macs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egHjkeiqjrA
>>
Marketing
>>
>>57627479
Because they're rich and they don't give a fuck what some autist on /g/ thinks about them.
>>
Because success = stupidity
>>
>>57627479
That fucker's face sure is punchable.
>>
I recently got a 2010 Macbook pro for free. It has an SSD and upgraded ram. It honestly runs great, feels just as snappy as my 2000$ gaming rig and all the music production software (mainstage, reaper, pro tools, ableton) I run on it runs great including in live settings. I don't think I would buy a brand new one as the price point still make me uncomfortable, and the complete lack of ports is absurd, but that being said, I understand why someone who makes their living off of using production software would appreciate the consistency of the product.
>>
>>57627592
>Westmere
>2000+16
WEW LAD how is that crappy die shrink treating your dumb ass? I bet your gaymen rig has a Q2C and a GTX 590 KYS FAGGOT.
>>
File: neistat.jpg (39KB, 714x509px) Image search: [Google]
neistat.jpg
39KB, 714x509px
>>57627479
>>
>>57627540
Punchable? more like, it looks like it's been punched with dicks since he was born.
>>
>>57627479
Youtubers are normies. Successful youtubers are rich normies.
So of course they use macs.
>>
File: 1425486523149.jpg (60KB, 849x845px) Image search: [Google]
1425486523149.jpg
60KB, 849x845px
>>57627479
Because mac users are more likely to show their macs on video instead of focusing on their content.
>>
>Youtuber
Holy shit is this a thing now?

Otoh the idiot on the first video is exactly the kind of a jackass I would expect to identify as a "youtuber".
>>
Final Cut Pro
>>
>>57628001
not even apple uses that shit
>>
File: 1455082099742.png (454KB, 728x945px) Image search: [Google]
1455082099742.png
454KB, 728x945px
You do realize only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use macs, right?
>>
>>57627479
1. This guy build his career in relation with apple products (muh planned obsolescence etc)

2. Dumb kids today don't seem to understand how invasive apple advertisement was on youtube since the very first days

3. A rich dumb hipster artist is going to have a mac. Deal with it.
In fact macs are pretty good "just werks" machines for people in the creative industry that don't want to bother much.
>>
>>57627479
This fucking guy looks like a goblin. God damn I actually can't even stand to watch this shit.
>>
File: pewdiepie-brofist.jpg (144KB, 1138x700px) Image search: [Google]
pewdiepie-brofist.jpg
144KB, 1138x700px
>>57627479
But the most successful youtuber using Peecee. Macfags BTFO
>>
File: apple_unix_ad.jpg (401KB, 1976x1202px) Image search: [Google]
apple_unix_ad.jpg
401KB, 1976x1202px
It's literally the only option for consumer end user Unix workstations left in the entire industry. Everyone else either went bankrupt or went enterprise only.

On top of that Apple has very good support which is what end users, as well as professionals, need and care about. The level of support combined with unified hardware standards, ubiquity of the software, and an ecosystem provided for you, is probably why most professionals choose Apple products. As much as they get shit for being "expensive" they're cheap when considering more than just the machine itself then comparing that to other business/enterprise grade solutions with the same level of service(s). Consumers break their shit all the time too and with Apple it's very easy to just walk into a store and walk out with a replacement as long as you're covered, even if you're not and you need a new machine their ecosystem makes it a non-issue since all your shit is synced up.

Regardless, the whole reason people use them is because they have 0 competition that comes close in the consumer-professional market for the same price.
>>
>>57627479
Wanna know why he wears glasses?

Cause he looks like a retarded goblin monster without them, the guys eyes are fucked, things are popping out his head like dragonballs
>>
File: check that shadow.png (336KB, 540x485px) Image search: [Google]
check that shadow.png
336KB, 540x485px
>>57627820
>>
>>57628822
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>57629133
I don't really need one so I don't have one. I wouldn't mind owning one, but while they're cheaper than the alternative they're not cheap enough to buy for no reason on top of your existing machine. My machine cost more than the highest Macbook Pro, I'm not looking to double that cost every few years unless I get a job where they don't supply a workstation and I need a dedicated, highly reliable machine.
>>
Macs were pretty popular in the 2000s.
That's when these cunts started using PCs.

Do the advanced math.
>>
>>57627750
t. microarchitecture sperglord
>>
>Casey Neisat

Wow OP, wow.
>>
>>57627479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrYOWlKJ_g
>>
Macs are best. That's why, if you're stu8ck with a PC you'll remain a who. Even more with Linux.

Who.
>>
>>57627479
Famous people are humans as well. They're as susceptible to marketing as the rest of the world. The only difference is they have the money to buy into that shit.
>>
File: whomightitbe.png (11KB, 274x290px) Image search: [Google]
whomightitbe.png
11KB, 274x290px
>>57628920
>>
>Why do successful youtubers all use Macs?
>all

Thats retarded. macOS is just simply a good operating System for creative Tasks, no matter what some autists on /g think about apple.
So naturally ist going to be popular with alot of People who get famous creating Content.

But not all use mac. Motherfucking PewDiePie has the most subscribers and uses WangBlows. Sure he has a gaymur channel but still.
>>
>>57627479
>successfull youtubers

You mean subhuman leeches?

They're just grunt workers for the ad industry. They have less value than prostitutes.

Imagine a world without "youtubers" to create clickbait for ads. Oh, all the ads morons would never see. Horrible.
>>
Neistat got the new Macbook Pro, and had to kill his vlog a few days after that.
Sure is productive up in here :^
>>
>>57629439

Don't worry, you'll get past minimum wage soon and your angst over the successful will lessen.
>>
>>57627479
They're not poor like /g/ is
>>
>>57627479
Better curb appeal. You gotta brandish "up class" products so that viewers watch out of jealousy.
>Deliberately beats up his glasses
>'It adds character'
>Continues to wear them at black tie events
>No shits given bec rich public figure
>>
BECAUSE I DON'T CARE
>>
It's kind of funny when Wintoddler /v/ babbies criticize Macs. Like watching a playground toddler fight.
GNU+Linux user here.
>>
>>57629881
>t. mactoddler
>>
all the successful gamers on youtube usually don't macs.
>>
>>57627479

Man that's one ugly motherfucker
>>
>>57627479
Linus doesn't use Macs.
>>
>>57627479
What in the actual fuck is wrong with his face? He looks like a 3rd degree burn victim with full facial reconstruction?
>>
I'm leaving g for good now. This is too much. So many tech illiterate macfags on this board I can't stand it. You're worse than refugees you fucking gay faggots
>>
>>57630349
kek we got rid of another macfaggot gj guise
>>
>>57627479
Just another reason to not use a Mac.
>>
>>57627479
Most YouTubers are retarded normies with an inflated ego. Of course they're gonna buy Mac's and for two reasons.

1. Makes then look "cool", so they can inflate their ego further.
2. They know nothing about technology and just buy what other normies are buying.

There a reason why these people are so popular and its because they're too normal and people aspire to become that in order to fit in.
>>
>>57627479
Because they are good machines. If you are a successful youtuber you have money to burn and can afford to buy a top of the line mac, even if it's not the absolute best value in regards to CPU power per dollar.
>>
>>57627519
>thread
>>
>>57627479
why does Dubai have sports cars all over despite being an arid desert shithole?

same reason. there's very little control over where the money goes.
>>
>>57632063
because they have oil
>>
>>57628028
/thread
>>
>>57627479
>Why do retards with disposable income buy Apple products?

rly med me thnk
>>
>>57627945
um the term "youtuber" has been around for like 4 years.

Are you living under a rock, mate?
>>
>>57628822
damn that looks comfy
>>
File: It just werk.png (530KB, 840x820px) Image search: [Google]
It just werk.png
530KB, 840x820px
>>
When you make $15000 every month, you don't think twice whether a computer, which is just a tool like a hammer, costs $1000 or $2000.
It simply does not matter over the course of its lifespan.

Let me try to explain it to you poor fags.
$0.50 candy bar that tastes okay
$1.00 candy bar that tastes great
Which one do you buy?
>>
>>57632770
I would buy 2 $0.50 ones. Doesn't really work with laptops as you don't eat those.
>>
>>57627479
Dat nose, Jesus christ
>>
>>57627528
oh my god this is the saddest post i've seen in a while.
>>
Arguably, their time is too valuable to spend on configuration and hunting for software solutions. They would rather have both of those solved in popular ways to shoot up the learning curve and get right into content creation.

In truth it's probably more often about status and financial irresponsibility.
>>
>>57628384
Sure, as long as you don'tind getting a kernel panic every time you try to do something, then Mac is "pretty good"
>>
>>57632640
Hahahaha, that is priceless.
>>
Because final cut pro
>>
>>57628028

Homosexuals are vastly poor, they use $300 WalMart Winshit laptops.
>>
Because they are rich. Macs work well and look great. They don't game probably.

Plus they advertise for mac some of them
>>
>>57627479
I saw this guy's >review of the new MacBook. No mention of specs at all, just talking about basic shit. Is this seriously all normalfags want to know about when they buy a new computer? I'm not shilling apple or anything, I'm just actually confused about what normal people want to hear about in tech reviews, cause if that's what they want, KFCHD is overworking himself.
>>
>>57632156
indeed, and OS X has the production software and the plebs. basically virtual petrol.

the point is, just because Dubai and OS X are outwardly successful doesn't mean they're not arid shitholes.
>>
>>57629419

Yeah I'm constantly bombarded by MacBook Pro ads on TV, and totally not all the Samsung ads.

>talking about falling for marketing on a board where people ask anonymous posters to approve of their purchases like total cuck sheep

Enjoying that cuo2duo TwinkPad?
>>
>>57633119
Actually homosexuality is positively correlated with above-average intelligence and income.
>>
>>57633162
going to need a source on this one.

>>57633120
macs usually have subpar really shitty hardware for a 1500usd laptop. you're basically paying for the ui and some of the apple software - which isn't entirely bad it's nice stuff but you're definitely overpaying. it's a literal shill and marketing and aesthetic that apple has won.

i think steve job is a genius for seeing this.
>>
>>57633158
There is a difference between willingly engaging in a discussion about a product and being served an advertisement for one against your will.

Advertising is dead, Televisions ever prevalent irrelevancy and obnoxious web ads have nailed it's coffin securely shut.

We often joke about 'shills' on here but realistically it's the only options big business has at this point, to engage with niche markets like us.
>>
File: 1475344141224.jpg (60KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1475344141224.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>>57627528

>Because success = stupidity

m'failure.
>>
Why do you care so much what other people use? Is my XPS somehow worse because some e-celeb doesn't use one?
>>
>>57633162

Yeah no I go out in the real world unlike you, I don't get my information from clickbait meme sites. Faggots are usually dumb and trashy. They also don't care about tech or know shit about it. They're more into designer clothes and nice interiors, not computers. That's the homosexuals HERE, not real life.
>>
>>57633204
niche markets as in kikebook twitter.

geniunely the only people that care about us or the researchesr and the cia niggers ;)
>>
>>57633123
Specs just don't matter much on a mac, he DOES mention the specs he got by the way.

Macs are like consoles versus pcs if you think of gaming. They're optimized, everything works great and they're much more efficient at using hardware. What matters is the experience and not just the numbers and parts since those are not necessarily a great indicator of how the computer's gonna work.
>>
>>57627945
I know that you know perfectly well that it's a thing and you're just triggered that it actually became a thing because your pathetic lifestyle doesn't allow other people to have fun ;^)
>>
>>57633204

>There is a difference between willingly engaging in a discussion

Its not discussion. Every time, a headless chicken OP clueless on what to buy, doesn't even have a clue what he wants but just wants something, then the neckbeards detect the prepared cash and descend upon the thread recommending ThinkPads and Dells. Its funny you say people buy Macs as a """status symbol""" to fit in or something (which nobody acknowledges in the real world) when people here buy shit on the advice of anonymous autists to fit in. People here are so lonely they'll all buy the same products just to talk about them to each other on the internet. The ThinkPad circlejerk generals are a prime example.
>>
>>57633285
>specs are not a good indicator of how a computer's gonna work
And yet Windows gets more battery life than macOS on a MBP (at least during Yosemite it did).
>>
>>57633312
>people I disagree with are le autistm
Whenever you want to prepare an argument that isn't a decade-old maymay, feel free.
>>
>>57633285

This. A high spec Windows machine is a video game player. Mac vs PC spec comparisons are retarded, because they're not intended to run the same operating system. Its just as dumb as Android vs iPhone spec comparisons. You can't compare two things which run different operating systems for performance. Its not logical. That is /v/ shit. The main reason why Macs are more expensive is because Apple makes and develops its own operating system on all its products, this is a massive stress on the company. Windows OEMs just need to cram some gathered components in a chassis and sell it with a generic Windows install.

Why do you think the Pixel is more expensive than the iPhone? Google's first round of tailor made OSes were expensive to do.
>>
>>57633362

Excellent deflection! I never presented an argument, there's nothing to argue. I only had an opinion on the dumb shit which goes on here.
>>
successful = money
money =/= pleb
why use good and cheap things when you can use expensive things
>>
>>57633379
>You can't compare two things which run different operating systems for performance. Its not logical.
You make it sound like macOS has some compiler magic where it can beat a desktop i7. Do you even have any sort of proof that macOS runs significantly better on Apple hardware than Windows?

>>57633394
>I never presented an argument
Yes, I could tell.
>I only had an opinion on the dumb shit which goes on here.
Your opinion was stupid:
>someone asks for a laptop
>someone recommends a MBP
>no problem
>someone asks for a laptop
>someone recommends a thinkpad/XPS
>OMG LE CIRCLEJERK
Calling poorly-formed thoughts opinions doesn't make them any less stupid.
>>
>>57631620
>what is reading comprehension?
>>
File: welcome_to_the_future.jpg (70KB, 636x544px) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_the_future.jpg
70KB, 636x544px
>>57633415
>expensive things are good
This is poorfag mentality and will be the reason you will always be poor.
>>
>>57633459
>ethernet cable

that's a joke, right?
>>
>>57632770
but macboocs are $20 candy bars which taste like utter dogshit
>>
>>57633477
Please present an objectively better alternative.
>>
>>57633487
100GB/s wi-fi cards
>>
>>57633477
Your life is a joke
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 159x156px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 159x156px
>>57633511
Please leave /g/ and never come back.
>>
>>57633487
the ethernet connection is only needed for the pc, right? Then why is it connected to everything? It's a clusterfuck. Just make a hub for data purposes, a single jack for audio and another for ethernet. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>57633511
That does not exist outside of Google labs.

>>57633532
>What the fuck were they thinking?
That they could get away with removing features and still being labelled revolutionary. One week later Acer released a laptop thinner than the Macbook and with double the USB ports.
>>
>>57628001
Last iterations are shit... Premiere Pro is king currently
>>
>>57633524
What exactly is better about a wired solution than a wireless one you genius?
>>
>>57627479
>No USB ports
>Literally a USB-c right there
I mean, obviously he's not talking about that, but fuck man.
>>
>>57633562
Connection reliability and speed.
>>
>>57633569
As expected, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>57633586
Great counter-point, anon.
>>
>>57633593
>>57633593

>better connection reliability
What do you even mean

>better speed
100base-tx and 100Mbps wifi-cards have the exact same speed.
>>
>>57633624
>What do you even mean
It means ethernet doesn't have speed drops when you move behind a wall. Go ahead and tell me yours is magical and doesn't fluctuate whatsoever.

>>57633624
>100base-tx and 100Mbps wifi-cards have the exact same speed.
So? I can find ethernet faster than any wifi in the world.
>>
>>57633449

>You make it sound like macOS has some compiler magic where it can beat a desktop i7

You know, usually, when people do 'comparisons', they're of two machines in the same category for price or performance. Nobody has ever compared a 6950X dual Titan X Pascal rig to a MacBook Air you fucking cretin.

>Do you even have any sort of proof that macOS runs significantly better on Apple hardware than Windows?

macOS is a tailored OS optimized for a specific set of machines and SKUs which Apple makes, I don't know how to tell this to you but, there's nothing stopping a much more powerful machine brute forcing its way into better macOS raw performance. You forget things like stability and such but that's because you're an idiot.
>>
The average person doesn't understand that modern Apple sells the same hardware for an enormous markup, and OS X is a lot nicer than Windows for day-to-day tasks. The casual games that aren't available on console that some might want to play run just fine on OS X. Apple's customer service and support, while not what it used to be, is still significantly better than average.

>>57627945
It's much older that that.

>>57629652
No, it won't. He'll simply transform into an uppity, angst-ridden jackass, who will believe that he "surpassed" minimum wage due to his innate superiority rather than the fact that the value of experience tends to be rewarded with increased wages for retention purposes. You can't fix stupid.

>>57633162
Most open homosexuals are at least upper middle class, since that's about the level of society where the stigma ceases to be harmful in meaningful ways. If you correct for class position, they're probably about on par with their peers.

>>57633285
OS X is not magic. Windows runs rather well on dated hardware too. Core 2 is ten years old at this point. The problems arise when you actually want to run a performance-intensive application or benchmark. OS X usually lags behind Windows in terms of general performance, and anything OpenGL vs. Dirext X related is comically one-sided in favour of Direct X at this point.
>>
>>57633725
>You know, usually, when people do 'comparisons', they're of two machines in the same category for price or performance. Nobody has ever compared a 6950X dual Titan X Pascal rig to a MacBook Air you fucking cretin.
Your entire point was that specs don't matter. I actually did think it was a bit stupid, but I'm glad you arrived at that conclusion yourself.

>macOS is a tailored OS optimized for a specific set of machines and SKUs which Apple makes, I don't know how to tell this to you but, there's nothing stopping a much more powerful machine brute forcing its way into better macOS raw performance. You forget things like stability and such but that's because you're an idiot.
I'm sorry, but I asked for proof of your claims, not more unrelated spiel and generic insults.
>>
>>57633459

That machine has a headphone jack. If you're going to go full meme at least do it more accurately. You realize there's people who exist who like using a laptop form factor and desktop OS but don't even own a single USB device, right? You know, like parents?
>>
>>57633767
The charger's now a USB-device, so that's technically wrong.
>>
>>57633755

>but I'm glad you arrived at that conclusion yourself

I'm glad you discovered common sense and realized I wasn't talking about a Raspberry Pi outperforming a dual xeon workstation with mere software optimizations.

>but I asked for proof of your claims

I said it right there, are you dumb or blind? There's nothing stopping macOS benching higher on a $3000 rig than Apple's own hardware. With that, I said specs don't matter, I'm sorry if you have autism and need everything perfectly and explicitly stated for it to make sense to you, but I was clearly talking about comparisons of similar performing machines. I happen to think the entire comparison thing is dumb anyway because people who want a Mac buy it for the operating system and the user experience. The only spec comparisons they do are within the Apple line.
>>
>>57633883
>I'm glad you discovered common sense and realized I wasn't talking about a Raspberry Pi outperforming a dual xeon workstation with mere software optimizations.
Neither was I. Ok, so specs matter sometimes and you decide when?

>With that, I said specs don't matter, I'm sorry if you have autism and need everything perfectly and explicitly stated for it to make sense to you, but I was clearly talking about comparisons of similar performing machines.
Yes, and I asked for a comparison like this.

>people who want a Mac buy it for the operating system and the user experience.
I disagree, I think the design/specs are more attractive (well, were) than macOS.

You realize you don't have to insult people who disagree with you. I didn't wake up today and decided I was going be an ass to the first person I saw online, I just happened to not agree with your assessment. You can call me an autist for the N-th time if you want, but it doesn't make up a very interesting debate.
>>
>>57627479
That is the most deformed jew I've seen.
>>
>>57633231
Underrated post
>>
File: 1476197564682.jpg (9KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1476197564682.jpg
9KB, 230x219px
>faggots in this thread don't realize that Casey makes half a million IN A MONTH

200,000,00 USD just from his channel alone.
>>
>>57635264
pretty sure they realize this but they're mad so they try to cover it up by pretending to be special snowflakes who have never heard of him?

>Taylor Swift?
>who is this, never heard of her xD
>>
>>57633246
No, XPS is actually pretty good as long as you don't get a refurbished one.
>>
Mostly status I guess.
From what I can tell are macbooks decent machines and macOS has some pretty neat range of software. The price is just way too high for the common person though. Hence why most people with less money tend to pick regular laptops.

With that said. The one time I used OS X I greatly disliked it.
>>
>>57635878

You need to use it quite a lot, not just once. Also importantly, as your personal computer. Using it in a work setting isn't quite the same. You'll soon realize its basically Linux power and customisability in a polished, stable and highly optimized package, with long term support.
>>
>>57635622
I never heard of "Casey".
>>
>>57627479
ALL successful people use Macs.
Musicians, actors, business executives, politicians, the list goes on. Basically anyone who isn't a complete poorfag uses Apple products.
>>
File: 1455992918484.jpg (268KB, 876x758px) Image search: [Google]
1455992918484.jpg
268KB, 876x758px
>>57637167
>t. mactoddler
>>
File: obama-uses-a-mac.jpg (72KB, 610x315px) Image search: [Google]
obama-uses-a-mac.jpg
72KB, 610x315px
>>57637205
The truth hurts, poorfag.
>>
>>57637267
>mactoddler idolizes technology illiterate dindunuffin that needs a fruity toddler toy update his facebook

I rest my case.
>>
>>57627479
Macs is way more polished than the average PC

Good looking hardware and OS
>>
Macs are actually good but /g/ is full of poor teenagers who refuse to admit that
>but you can just buy an x220 for $250 and install Linux
yeah we know
>>
Memes

>muh photoshop and twitter machine
>>
>>57637317
>>57637318
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>57637305
>he thinks macs can't do nothing more than browsing facebook

I wonder who's the tech illiterate here
>>
Macbooks are great (well until this years model)
every other apple product is abysmal though
>>
File: 120806_nasa_macs.jpg (150KB, 590x232px) Image search: [Google]
120806_nasa_macs.jpg
150KB, 590x232px
>>57637305
The mental gymnastics you must play to rationalize using linux is astounding. Literally all people worth a shit in this world use a Mac. It's not even up for debate. It's the truth.
>>
>90% of people from upper-middle class background use Macs or Apple products
>/g/ is a bunch of broke neckbeard manchildren
not shocking that this place doesn't like them
>>
File: 1449600415272.png (453KB, 840x820px) Image search: [Google]
1449600415272.png
453KB, 840x820px
>>57637337
>when a mactoddler tries to use his fruity toddler toy facebook machine to do real work
>>
>>57627592
what the fuck man, mine cant run most ableton/maxmsp patches properly without getting to 100°C
>>
>>57637362
>every other apple product is abysmal though
The 27" iMac is fantastic if you buy your own RAM, it's a fair price and a great machine. The base model 13" rMBP is also pretty good overall. And the engineering that goes into an iPhone is pretty amazing, including the software, but people on /g/ aren't really interested in that because it's not FOSS or whatever.
>>
File: 1450812016980.jpg (866KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1450812016980.jpg
866KB, 800x2500px
>>57637364
>>57637367
>t. mactoddler poorfag
>>
File: 1462819907906.jpg (414KB, 1706x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1462819907906.jpg
414KB, 1706x1268px
>>57637388
>mactoddlers are THIS brainwashed
>>
>>57637390
>this one sperg who feels the need to reply to every single person in the thread, using the same insult over and over
I assume you're false flagging to make the anti-Mac people look bad, kek
>>
>>57637410
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>57637388
Nah. The iMac display was gorgeous for the time, but it desperately needs an update now.
iPhones are meh largely. After the 5S the design is so fucking boring so I simply don't care about them anymore.
Really though, the Macbooks were the only godly product Apple produced, kind of sad to see this years model be so lackluster.
>>
File: enjetom6azyuyycrdlfx.jpg (98KB, 800x1098px) Image search: [Google]
enjetom6azyuyycrdlfx.jpg
98KB, 800x1098px
>>57637390
What do the wealthy, upper, and middle class all have in common? They all use Macs.

>>57637410
He's just your typical linux user. Highly autistic, has never held a job and likely lives off the government.
>>
>>57637433
>Nah. The iMac display was gorgeous for the time, but it desperately needs an update now.
I'm talking about in terms of overall cost and what you get--it's a premium machine and it's fairly priced compared to alternatives. I agree that it needs a refresh but it's still a good machine and it's a comparable value to its competitors (i.e. when you factor in the display).

I don't really care about the "boring" design of the iPhone--all smartphones literally look exactly the same, and any time anyone goes off of the res, it looks like shit and functions poorly.

I don't get the touch bar gimmick but I've honestly never seen one IRL, and the base model doesn't have it anyway.
>>
>>57637436
>t. mactoddler poorfag
>>
File: trump mac.jpg (42KB, 800x404px) Image search: [Google]
trump mac.jpg
42KB, 800x404px
>>57637390
>>
File: 1449872468461.png (125KB, 652x888px) Image search: [Google]
1449872468461.png
125KB, 652x888px
>>57637433
>Macbooks
>>
File: 1466993499978.png (137KB, 636x727px) Image search: [Google]
1466993499978.png
137KB, 636x727px
>>57637433
>godly product Apple produced
>can't even do anything but update facebook without catching fire
>>
>>57637468
For sure, at the time. That's largely where the Studio has taken its initiative from. Relatively nice specs, amazing display, and a reasonable price for it all. iMacs just don't compete with that anymore and apple is really slow to update, and when they do, so far the update has been a disaster.

>I don't really care about the "boring" design of the iPhone
Ok, but I was saying the Jobs-iPhones were nicely designed. Again, sad to see that go away.
>>
>>57637529
>For sure, at the time
Can you be more specific? I haven't looked at Microsoft's offering but I'd be a little surprised if it were better overall, and if it is that's likely only because it just launched very recently (a couple of months?)

In any case they're allegedly launching a new iMac in 2017
>>
File: 1473426574330.png (273KB, 1182x765px) Image search: [Google]
1473426574330.png
273KB, 1182x765px
>>57637468
iMac was always shit.
>>
File: 1478490197386.png (78KB, 649x605px) Image search: [Google]
1478490197386.png
78KB, 649x605px
>>
>>57637566
This. You would literally have to be brain dead or brainwashed to stare at FACTS and claim Apple shit was ever good.
>>
>>57637566
The monitor you're comparing it to in the pic is just a monitor and was significantly more expensive than the iMac (an entire computer) in the pic at the time
>>
>>57637565
Allegedly, which means very little. People have been alleging mac minis for years now lmao
>>
>>57637601
>Allegedly, which means very little. People have been alleging mac minis for years now lmao
I wish those niggers would come out with a proper quad core MIni again jesus fuck

Probably cuts into their other sales too much
>>
>>57637582
Would make sense he's drawn to inflated prices
>>
>>57637600
>$500 for a real professional tool you will use for years is "significantly more expensive" because it doesn't have a fruity toddler toy emblem

Spotted the mactoddler poorfag.
>>
>>57633250
translation
>I'm a dumb hick who values confirmation bias over statistical evidence
promptly commit suicide for the betterment of humanity
>>
>>57637600
At the time the 5k dell display was 1300 dollars

Today it's sub 500 meanwhile that iMac hasn't dropped in price at all
>>
https://youtu.be/7q48xYdb8is?t=217
>>
>>57637719
Link?
>>
>>57637719
>At the time the 5k dell display was 1300 dollars
you're full of shit, Dell's 5K monitor is still more than $1600 on Amazon. It launched with an MSRP of $2500.
>>
>>57627479
looks like he hit the fuck ugly branch a couple times on the way down the family tree
>>
>>57637753
>a mactoddler has defended his $2500 78% rgb 8-bit iShit that can't even connect to a real professional monitor if he wanted to since it's a soldered piece of shit
>>
>>57637836
I know you're just fishin' for replies here but fwiw they have video out ports like any other computer, so if you really want/need the Dell monitor you can buy and use it, too
>>
>>57637852
>connect to real monitor
>try to do real work
>imac overheats to 100+ celcius and burns down the office

Thanks Apple.
>>
>t. mactoddler
>fruity toddler toy
>t. mactoddler
>t. mactoddler
>t. mactoddler
>t. mactoddler poorfag
>fruity toddler toy mactoddler toy fruity toddler mac fruity
>fruity
>toddler
>mac
>toddler poorfag
>mactoddler
>fruity
>>
File: Dell.png (1MB, 2810x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Dell.png
1MB, 2810x1144px
>>57637836
>I refuse to respond to facts so instead I'll call you a Mactoddler
Yeah, you're a faggot and should seriously kill yourself.
>>
File: 1460897927444.jpg (109KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
1460897927444.jpg
109KB, 500x716px
>>57637952
>mactoddler calling someone else a faggot
lmao
>>
>>57637974
Yeah, I'm calling you a faggot, faggot.
>>
File: 1476164667211.jpg (163KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476164667211.jpg
163KB, 640x480px
>>57638016
lmao
>>
>>57627479
>(((successful youtubers)))
>>
>>57638026
Yes, I am calling (you) a faggot because you are a faggot. I can't wait for Pence to take over in 2020.
>>
>>57628920
OY VEY
>>
>>57638026
>a grown man worshipping a megacorp brand

Applefags should be rounded up and gassed.
>>
>>57627479
>Dude, what notebook should I get to work with videos and shit
>Just get a Mac, bro

And that's it
They won't invest more time searching for a computer.
>>
File: 1475065081681.jpg (202KB, 1080x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475065081681.jpg
202KB, 1080x960px
>>57638049
lmao
>>
>>57637952
still better than the garbage display in the imac
>>
>>57637952
Thanks for the heads up. Gonna buy the Dell now and a $1000 computer instead of the $2500 iMeme.
>>
>>57638087
This wasn't ever about it being better or worse than the iMac display, some faggot claimed the Dell monitor is less than $500, when it's actually more than $1600. It launched at $2500 while iMacs that had 5K displays started at $2000 at launch. Obviously the iMac display is way more limited given you can only use it with the hardware built into the display, but that has fuckall to do with with the false claim that The Dell display was 1/3rd it's actual current price.
>>
>>57638108
but muh 5mm bezzels
>>
>>57638141
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>57638141
>iMacs that had 5K displays started at $2000 at launch
except the 5k mac display was always shit it wasn't a real IPS and didn't have 99% sRGB. Theres a huge difference between 10-bit and 8-bit
>>
>>57638141
You can get a 4k IPS display for 350 dollars now just for comparisons sake
>>
>>57638108
Do it, even the top spec'd iMac only has a GPU that's the equivalent of a Radeon 7970 with an extra GB of RAM and a smaller memory bus.
>>
>>57638194
it was some shitty 680mx that performed like shit
>>
>>57627479
Peer pressure and social stigma. Apple devices are easy to recognize and considered the norm.

If you have a Samsung or Pixel, people tend to think you cheaped out or simply out of touch.

Basically form over function where people don't give a shit about being smart consumers and buy stuff which has good value for money.
>>
>>57638172
It's an IGZO IPS panel, what do you mean "not a real IPS

It doesn't need to have 100% AdobeRGB to be IPS, it either uses in plane switching or it doesn't.

>>57638191
Yes, a display with half the pixels is significantly cheaper. Technology is always that way, you pay a premium for a smaller gain. Look at how much more Nvidia charges for a Titan X compared to a GTX 1080, or a 1080 vs the 1070. Personally I'd much rather save the $1100 and just get 4K as that resolution is already really good for a 27" display.
>>
>>57638268
>a mactoddler has defended his $2500 78% rgb 8-bit iShit that can't even connect to a real professional monitor if he wanted to since it's a soldered piece of shit
>>
File: hith-sistine-chape-E.jpg (254KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
hith-sistine-chape-E.jpg
254KB, 686x385px
>>57627479
They get paid to indulge meems so it only makes sense
>>
>>57638268
>Yes, a display with half the pixels is significantly cheaper.
its actually only like 40% more pixels, they're not 1:1 proportional.

This display is shit, no one even works in 5k and the next logical step up is 8k
>>
>>57638297
The 5K iMac has dual Thunderbolt / mini-DisplayPort outs, so you can connect it to the Dell 5K monitor if you want to.

You're a faggot though, I use a cheap ass chink WQHD monitor.
>>
>>57638268
>Look at how much more Nvidia charges for a Titan X compared to a GTX 1080,
performance wise they're miscible. A titan X doesn't have anything over the 1080 but 4 more GB of memory for like 400 more dollars. No one uses these.
>>
>>57638327
congrats, my computer also has display ports to put out to multiple high resolution screens.
>>
>>57638339
>performance wise they're miscible. A titan X doesn't have anything over the 1080 but 4 more GB of memory for like 400 more dollars. No one uses these.
What? It's got 50% more ROPs, more shaders, and a wider memory bus.

And of course people buy them, sure it's not most of the market but most of the market also isn't buying 5K Dell monitors.
>>
>>57638413
No one buys them, its a flag ship meme card that gets drown out by the 1080 because buying two 500 dollar cards in SLI out performs a titan X significantly
>>
>>57638440
>No one buys them
Keep telling yourself that, sure it's a low volume product compared to something like the GTX 1070, 1060, or RX 480 but there is still a market for them. If there wasn't, Nvidia's stock price wouldn't be at record highs right now.
>>
>>57638474
>Keep telling yourself that
it doesn't come anywhere near the amount of advertisement and hype Nvidia throws into it. For all intents and purposes the 1080 is the high end gaming card. Titan cards were always shit and never any better than the GPU line up supporting it.

Hell when the FIRST titan came out, a GTX 6900 was 300 dollars cheaper and out performed it
>>
>>57638503
GTX690
>>
>>57638503
>a GTX 6900 was 300 dollars cheaper and out performed it
That's because it relied on SLI and had less usable video memory, and much worse FP64 performance.
>>
>>57637167
>no scientists, doctors, or engineers on the list
>so called "successful" people
>youtubers are successful
>>
>>57632242
The thing that always impressed me is that those powerbooks came out in 2001, that thing in the advert was competing with Windows 2k machines.
>>
File: 1464554242140.png (543KB, 630x444px) Image search: [Google]
1464554242140.png
543KB, 630x444px
>>57639094
>powerbooks
>>
>>57639111
CAN'T CONTAIN THE POWER
MAXIMUM BUSINESS
>>
>>57639111
Any manufacturer can make exploding electronics. It takes COURAGE to put PowerPC in a laptop.
>>
>>57627528
top kek
>>
>>57629202
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>57639649
I don't own one unfortunately.
>>
>>57627479
because apple calls them up and pays for product placement + free stuff
casey is a different beast though
>>
>>57627479
Did you know that Casey Neistat is a Jew?
>>
>>57627505
DING!
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.