[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate secure USB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 910745_R_Z001.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
910745_R_Z001.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
Hey Guys,
long time lurker but more for education than anything else. I need to make a secure portable OS. What OS should I use? How should I encrypt it? how do I become untraceable with it.

I had the "hardware" sorted. im going to run it from a USB with a microsd card. So I can keep the Micro SD separate.

it must be able to have Skype or similar application and be able to hold a bitcoin wallet.
>>
scrap the skype requirement.
>>
>>57619984
>I need to make a secure portable OS. What OS should I use? How should I encrypt it? how do I become untraceable with it.

You don't need to make it... Just use Tails https://tails.boum.org the reason why the logo is a usb drive is because it's MEANT to be portable.

>it must be able to have Skype or similar application and be able to hold a bitcoin wallet.

Avoid skype, using skype while trying to be secure is like trying to not be noticable in a city crowd without any clothes. It might be possible, but I can not imagine a way it is possible.

Try Ring instead for similar features and more security https://ring.cx
>>
does this provide maximum security for using Tor? Also should I encrypt using bitlocker on the micro sd?

Thanks for your help
>>
>>57620119
>does this provide maximum security for using Tor?

Yes, Tails come with all of that pre-installed. I don't think you can avoid using Tor. Everything uses Tor.

>Also should I encrypt using bitlocker on the micro sd?

I have not used Tails myself, but I am pretty sure it by default is encrypted and I think you have to do some configurations before you can save anything more. It's basically just for browsing and communication and if someone catches you then they can't find anything incriminating on the USB. It's for people in repressive regimes and people anticipating such regimes.
>>
>>57620119
Also, 'encrypting' anything with bitlocker is like making graffiti on the police station. It's a useless endeavor that involves tons of risk.

Microsoft likely have tons of backdoors programmed into it. Best to use something open source and audited like Veracrypt to encrypt shit.
>>
>>57620433
>Veracrypt
Is TrueCrypt still good, or should I be migrating?
>>
>>57621198
Truecrypt is still good, nothing wrong with it. But if you get a new system then might as well use Veracrypt which is still in development. It's based on Truecrypt, it works in the same way, have the same features and has since also been audited.
>>
will tails allow me to save a BTC wallet to it?
>>
>>57622149
Yep, apparently... But you need to look into setting it up. Tails is all about security so it forces you to do it in a secure way.

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/configure/#index10h2
>>
>>57620433
>Best to use something open source and audited like Veracrypt to encrypt shit.

VeraCrypt isn't audited. It's only partly audited, and a very low-budget effort at that. Huge portions of the source are still unaccounted for because it wasn't covered by the budget.

Also, TrueCrypt's author specifically did not authorize TC to be forked, probably because he can't account for any changes introduced by third parties. For all you know, VeraCrypt is just an NSA backdoored version of TC. The audit did nothing to address these types of concerns. Please stop advising other anons to use this software.

>>57621198

TrueCrypt is theoretically more secure than VeraCrypt. See above. TC 7.1a underwent a full audit, which didn't reveal any major vulnerabilities.
>>
>untraceable
>thinking skype
>thinking you can actually run a bitcoin client on a system that's not always on
is this actually a joke?
>>
kill yourself.
>>
>>57619984

Install Xbuntu with LUKs encryption onto the USB and download tor

If you really want to go full autismo set up a cronjob and script that automatically changes your MAC address each time you restart your computer
>>
>>57623750
he said bitcoin wallet you dyslectic autist
>>
>>57624171
>If you really want to go full autismo set up a cronjob and script that automatically changes your MAC address each time you restart your computer

I like the way you think!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.