[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did logic gates get their shapes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: gate4[1].gif (1KB, 267x190px) Image search: [Google]
gate4[1].gif
1KB, 267x190px
How did logic gates get their shapes?
>>
File: 11.-Alien-1-696x464.jpg (42KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
11.-Alien-1-696x464.jpg
42KB, 696x464px
You're asking too many questions buddy
>>
File: 1471360432596.jpg (35KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471360432596.jpg
35KB, 480x472px
mfw ameritards are STILL using outdated standards

You just HAVE to be special snowflakes, don't you?
>>
>>57617441
someone came up with shapes that are easy to tell apart for logic gates. You can draw them however you want to. It's like asking how did people come up with words. They just do.
>>57617480
what should they be using in your opinion?
>>
>>57617480
What standards do they use in euroland?
>>
>>57617441
there are several shapes in use for each gate
>>
>>57617489
the only ones that matter
>>
File: table-2-1-1[1].gif (39KB, 1104x529px) Image search: [Google]
table-2-1-1[1].gif
39KB, 1104x529px
>>57617480
Are they iec ones common in yurope... or something else?
>>
>>57617515
Damn they look pretty neat.
>>
>>57617515
>those fucking inverters
fuck outta here
>>
>>57617515
Yup, only some people draw rectangles instead of perfect squares and a tiny circle instead of that weird line when it's also negated.
It's way easier to tell what it's supposed to be when you have actual symbols inside of it, instead of having to remember 4 different shapes.

These ones in the pic look kinda revolting tqbh. Not really representing it that well. Especially with the >s and =s, I've never seen those used. Only [1] or [&]
>>
>>57617659
I mean inverters. If it's inverted we draw the same tiny circle there, not those weird confusing lines.
>>
>>57617659
>It's way easier to tell what it's supposed to be when you have actual symbols inside of it, instead of having to remember 4 different shapes.

How hard is remembering 4 shapes? Come on.
>>
>>57617659
>It's way easier to tell what it's supposed to be when you have actual symbols inside of it, instead of having to remember 4 different shapes.
Yes, but shapes are easier to recognize than small symbols inside the shapes. Also, triangles are absolutely disgusting, dots are immediately recognizable. It's a minimal entry cost for a slightly better system imo. I've seen =1 and larger or equal sign.
>>
i can tell you that when i learned them, one year ago(maybe a one or two month more) we used the ansi one
>>
>>57617515
>NOT is a 1
>instead of !
Why
>>
>>57617728
I don't know about others but we're only using the circles for inversion here. Literally seeing those triangles for the first time in my life.
>>
>>57617659
Yes I always did it like that, best way
>>
>>57617441
It will only output 1 if D=1 and all other outputs =0.
>>
did some more research on it and the shapes are based on a military standard (mil-std-801) that was based on an earlier paper by the AIEE

and the rectangular shapes originated in the IEE Std 91-1962 standard

more info:

http://hsm.stackexchange.com/questions/3037/the-origin-of-logic-gate-symbols

...still wondering WHO came up with this stuff... who thought it would be a good idea to represent these ideas this way
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.