[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /g/ stand for free speech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: freedom.png (244KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.png
244KB, 1024x719px
Why doesn't /g/ stand for free speech?
>>
i don't agree with false dichotomies. USA today may be a member of the press, but if they only tell me the news while twisting a corkscrew into my arm i'll tell them to fuck off. that doesn't make me anti-first amendment.
>>
>>57614765
because fuck usa today
>>
>>57614773
>>57614798
Maybe North Korea would be more to your liking.
>>
>>57614765

Because it's a board of communists, have you not seen the Linux worship?
>>
>>57614807
or maybe i could stay where i am and keep using a fucking adblocker
>>
>Loud raving lunatic on the bus accusing you of suppressing his free speech by putting in ear plugs.html
>>
Stop serving me ads that slow down my computer to a halt and give me viruses, then I'll disable my adblocker.
>>
>>57614807
rather that than the us desu
>>
>>57614807
i'm willing to pay sites if they do good journalism. pandodaily has done a lot of good reporting into an area that i do research in (gig work, uber, shit like that) so i started supporting them way early on when it was paul carr doing NSFWCorp.

the key is to not beat me over the head with other shit (like ads, burdensome tracking, etc...) and make the site impossible to navigate *in addition* to forcing me to weigh whether the quality of the reporting is worth paying for. Business Insider is horse shit, but even if it weren't, it would be a hard pill to swallow to pay only to get the website they offer. heavy pages with garbage scripts, slideshows everywhere, etc...
>>
>dedicated to safe and ethical advertising
my microblock wouldn't block it if it were so check nyaa
>>
>>57614765
A certain combinations of 1s and 0s will get you killed, land you in jail, have to pay billions of dollars, etc
>>
Because the idiots who don't know any better can pay for my free content by not installing it even willfully disabling adblockers.
>>
Ad networks had their chance and they blew it with malware and intrusive ads, literally never going back to that again
>>
>>57615121
A certain composition of atoms will get you killed, land you in jail, have to pay billions of dollars, etc
>>
>>57614765
>Think of the children!
Yeah yeah. They don't lose their right to freedom of speech, I'm just not obligated to listen. This alarmist, sensationalist crap can go DIAF.
>>
>>57614765
"free speech" is another expressing degraded into a meme status
>won't let me show you ads? MUH FREE SPEECH
>won't let me shitpost? MUH FREE SPEECH
>won't let me be an asshole? MUH FREE SPEECH

>not technology
>>
>>57614765
The right to free speech means that you can't get thrown in jail for shit you say, within reason. It does not mean:
Other people aren't allowed to react to what you say
Other people have to listen to what you say
>>
Their right to broadcast ads is one thing but they do not have the right to force me to download, run, and view those ads.
>>
>>57614765
Me using adblock doesnt stop them from saying anything. They can still talk and post all they want. Im choosing to ignore the ads.
>>
>>57614765
>We believe in free speech, do you?
>Turn off your ad blocker to prove it.
What a steaming pile of horse shit.
>>
>>57614765
Everyone is free to say anything.
But you cannot force people people to listen.
Child molesters should have the same rights as other people, but I don't have to let them babysit my children.
Since advertisement is a much more horrendous crime, affecting a lot more people, I don't see why I should listen to them.
>>
>>57614812
Gtfo swift
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.