[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you speak neither Mandarin nor Russian and live in the US,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: WeChat Weibo VK.jpg (475KB, 3996x1329px) Image search: [Google]
WeChat Weibo VK.jpg
475KB, 3996x1329px
If you speak neither Mandarin nor Russian and live in the US, is there any point in using WeChat, Weibo or VK?

For those who use any of the above services, what are your experiences like and how do they compare to their Western counterparts like Twitter/Facebook?
>>
You can use WeChat to score some qt Chinese ladies. Other than that, there's no need for those services in the West. We mainly use Facebook (Messenger) and WhatsApp.
I haven't used Weibo or VK, but I like WeChat compared to WhatsApp. The settings in WhatsApp are messy IMO. I guess the other services are comparable to 'our' services.
>>
>>57611780
>score some qt Chinese ladies
That's a pretty good reason.

How is the WeChat app on Android? Is it a memory, battery hog? I'm assuming its pretty aggressive with the permissions it wants.
>>
>>57612755
I was talking about the Android app. I don't remember it being a battery hog or abuses permission. Obviously, it has some background services running, but most chat apps do that.
>That's a pretty good reason.
As a bonus: there's a feature to check out the profiles of other WeChat users near you.
>>
>>57612838
>As a bonus: there's a feature to check out the profiles of other WeChat users near you.
I wonder if this feature would come in handy around LA.
>>
I use Weibo. It's simple to use without speaking Chinese but it's also easy to learn the basics of Mandarin.
>>
>>57611780

The main problem about using these applications outside of China and Russia is the geological, cultural and technical barriers and level of integration that make these applications better than their western counterpart. For Wechat, you can do a ton more stuff with it in China like actual banking with money transfer between people and businesses.

In all seriousness, unless you have friends or family you simply can not communicate with on any other platform in regards to your ethnicity or you speak the language well enough to use it, then you should consider using it.

Otherwise, you might as well use what is already popular in the West since you get the largest population base to work with naturally.

Overall however, using mobile applications to communicate with others is horrible unless you are forced to since every single platform wants to lock you down and use you as the product to make money.

IRC is still indisputably the king of instant internet communication.
>>
>>57612891
See for yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.