[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG G4 upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: LG-G4-Beat_Range-Shot-2.jpg (582KB, 2500x1706px) Image search: [Google]
LG-G4-Beat_Range-Shot-2.jpg
582KB, 2500x1706px
so i fell for the G4 meme, had it unlocked, got bootlooped, repaired with warranty, now its locked again and keeping it on 5.1 because of root.. still the best phone ever but i feel the need to upgrade and didnt find any decent phone that i can go for..
can /g/ suggest anything? mostly with removable batteries and sd card slot and a good fucking camera, am even open for xiaomi and sorts IF they work in europe, need to check that

TL;DR - have a G4 and want to upgrade
>>
>>57600848
I'm in the same boat but my g4 is a usa Verizon one (vs986). I probably want the xperia z5 compact but would love a newer version of it that didn't suck (like the x compact does)
>>
>>57601381
will take that into consideration, i think my friend plans on buying that.. not really fond of sony personally tho but if its a good replacement for a G4, ill think about it
>>
In the same boat as OP. Looking at the V20 as an upgrade since it looks heavily improved and less experimental
>>
>>57601628
Just make sure to get insurance for the inevitable bootloop
>>
>>57601628
what >>57601670 said, double check for the warranty and those things.. i (OP) had bootloop and dead wifi/bt module at the same time more or less after 8 months of usage
>>
I have a G5 coming on tuesday. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>57602017
i dont really like the modular idea since the module as far as i heard doesnt make much of a difference even if you upgrade it.. no experience about it tho
>>
>>57600848
If you can get your hands on a note 7 they are amazing, only reason i got rid of mine is because they are banned from flights and i am travelling for thanksgiving
>>
Went from the G4 to a Note 7 which was great until the exploding shit. Traded that for the V20 and I like it more than the Note. Feels faster despite having nearly identical specs and it comes out the box with Android 7.0. All metal body feels great too. I can see myself having this phone for quite a while.
>>
>>57600848
it probably locked after an update. you could call the factory or you can have it sent to a computer store and restart it from a computer with a wire. good luck. you can sue the maker of the boot too.
>>
>>57601754
>>57601670
the only issue I saw with the V20 so far is the lens crystal cracking. I got my G4 already bootlooped and replaced but its started to slow down and get technical hiccups which aren't acceptable for a power user like myself
>>
>>57601670
Insurance is a meme.
>>
Same thing happened to me today, sending it off to get repaired tomorrow. Up until yesterday it was working fine then I got a "firmware update" and it just won't boot. Apparently it's due to the chip heating up and removing from the motherboard, but I'm not sure how true that is.
>>
File: 1.11.2016 - 1.jpg (4MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
1.11.2016 - 1.jpg
4MB, 2988x5312px
>>57602956
quite true
>>
>>57602618
thats not that bad if its the only problem with V20, will give it a thought
>>
Get a G3
>>
>>57603143
I'm sure he could find space heaters at a much better price
>>
>>57603012
They just glued it on
>>
>>57604503
i lol'd but yeah, appears to be like that
>>
I got a OP3 and that shits cash
>>
>>57603012
Ah that sucks. Would you reccomend I keep the one they send me or should I buy a new phone
>>
Went from a Galaxy S4 to a Pixel XL

Great phone, just wish it had an SD card and removable battery. At least I get unlimited photo and video cloud storage
>>
File: pixel.png (951KB, 928x1284px) Image search: [Google]
pixel.png
951KB, 928x1284px
>>57606399
Forgot pic
>>
>>57606399
At a quality reduction. Good luck printing out 11x16's of your work without jagged edges
>>
>>57606453
From what I understand it's at full quality
>>
>>57606419
Those bezels. They don't look as bad in person as they do in this picture, right?
>>
>>57606726
I have the black version, and the only sort of bad one is the bottom. The rest isn't that bad
>>
Same here but waiting for s8 to get announced. Hope UK doesn't get fucked with post Brexit prices.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.