/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smart home thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Gimmickhouse.png (109KB, 1336x392px) Image search: [Google]
Gimmickhouse.png
109KB, 1336x392px
Do any one your faggot have smart house gimmicks set up? I was thinking of buying a raspberry pi a phillips hue set up and some motion sensors along with https://home-assistant.io/ . I live in a share house and the landlord offered to remiburse me if i set it all up. It looks like i could save some decent money by replacing lights with LED and have them turn off/on under certain condition (no movment on a floor for a couple of hours and so on). Since i live with six other retards who can't turn off lights i figured it'd be a good way to test the water.

I was thinking down the line of setting up a watering system with another pi attached to heat/humidity sensors and possibly a security system too.

Post projects you've completedwish to take one.
>>
File: SM_explanation_main_alt.jpg (2MB, 3508x1973px) Image search: [Google]
SM_explanation_main_alt.jpg
2MB, 3508x1973px
How are you gonna do the wiring? In europe we have had a light/heating/etc network since the 2000s, so nowadays you can just add an IP gateway and control the whole deal from your phone. One of these with a raspberry Pi was my uni project.
>>
>>57596833
I'm not sure for the security/gardening to be honest i'll try the lights first since they come with a hub that connects to wifi which connects to the pi (thank god 3 comes with WLAN). I'll try out some basic motions sensor set up first so if people get up during the night the lights can be triggered and will turn on. All i want to sort is getting the hues in so i can turn every thing off and have some program switch them off. What did you end up connecting to that program, anhy good?
>light/heating/etc network since the 2000s
Jesus source?
>>
>>57596948
Its called KNX, sometimes EIB/KNX. It's basically a communications network for microprocessors running inside actors etc. Its wired though.

There are wireless alternatives, the most common one here being EnOcean.

I have also made a framework for arduinos and ESP8266 based devices that, equipped with actuators and sensors create a wireless network of switches, sensors, lights, motors. But I need to provide electricity for everything, thats why Im asking.
>>
>>57597011
I think i'd try EnOcean or an equivalent since otherwise we will have to retrofit the house which won't be feasible. Plus no energy source and low maintenance is a bonus. That's if i even decide to go that far which i most likely will. Can't help you there since i'm pretty new to this, if i tried doing a wired set up i'm likely to burn the house down. My friends who going to give it a shot is an electrician so if i go wired i could get him to help me at least.
>>
>>57597179
If you are into programming, it's possible to interface a Raspberry Pi with EnOcean and use it as an IP gateway to connect your phone. My uni profs team was working on that and still is.

>Beat a team of 5 in producing a usable Home Control app+gateway
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.