[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB 3.0 hubs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: $_12.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
Does anyone have a 7+ port hub? I'm thinking about getting one so I can plug shit into it on my desk and don't have tons of wires going down to my PC. Does anyone have any recommendations? I need something that's USB 3 and cheap.

I came across this one on ebay... any good?
>>
>>57595489
>>>/csg/
>>
this honestly isn't that complicated. if you can afford something not chinky, you just go to amazon and fiddle with the filters and shit. if you're too cheap, then see >>57596283
>>
File: MBeat 7-Port USB 3.0 External.jpg (15KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
MBeat 7-Port USB 3.0 External.jpg
15KB, 495x371px
>>57595489
"MBeat 7-Port USB 3.0 External"
3 USB 2.0s, 4 USB 3.0s
26 USD
>>
Remember a USB port can only provide so much power so if you want to jam a lot of shit into it you might need to get a powered one.

If you need a powered USB hub research to make sure it doesn't send any power back to your computer because they are known for frying motherboards. Feedback is a killer if your motherboard is shit.
>>
Are you only going to plug USB2 devices with that?

USB3 is roughly 10x faster than USB2 so having up to 10 USB2 devices connected to a USB3 is okay.

I have a powered 4 port USB3 hub and it's not ideal when I attach 2 USB3 hdds to it. The two devices fight for bandwidth.
>>
>>57597020
damn that's a good deal!

anyone tried uGreen?
>>
>>57597354
It's not only about bandwidth.
With 2.0 you can get 500mA/port, with 3.0 you can get 900mA/port, 1.5A if it's a "charging" port and even more if it's on an MB that has unlocked 3.0 ports.
On hubs, 3.0 is pretty much a must now, because you can power an ext drive with only one port instead of 2. So if you have a 4 port hub, on 2.0 you can only plug 2 ext HDDs, on 3.0 you can plug 2 ext HDDs and still have 2 free ports.
Just keep in mind that this only works if you have a hub with ext power supply that can give you enough current to power all that. Also, don't buy a shit adapter if you want your hub and devices connected to it to survive a long time.
>>
>>57595489

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-USB-3-0-Hub/dp/B00GGYU8TC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479653140&sr=1-1&keywords=amazon+basics+10+port

I have 7 port one and it's alright.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.