[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BSD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: bsd-big.png (49KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
bsd-big.png
49KB, 450x475px
Anyone want to make some drivers with me for FreeBSD? I want to bring better drivers to BSD.

BSD general I suppose
>>
>>57591129
Make a driver for bcm43142
>>
>>57591129
Better drivers, or more drivers?

It's hard to get better drivers than what's in BSD, with the exception of video & audio drivers. The issue BSD has is generally NOT quality, it's quantity. Your favorite hardware might not have drivers in BSD. Porting one from Linux is probably not going to be the way to solve that problem either.
>>
enjoy no games, cuckold
>>
>>57591194
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I am saying to bring more drivers.
>>
>>57591208
> no games
some ppl actually have other things to do, son
>>
>>57591208
https://satterly.neocities.org/openbsd_games.html
>>
>>57591278
Humm. I think the best way to do this, would be to bone up on your coding skills, and start writing. Or, if you're like me and don't have those chops, raise money to donate to one of the BSDs earmarked for development of whatever drivers you're interested in.

People who are up to the task of actually writing drivers are pretty darned rare.
>>
>>57591129
Here is your driver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3MwertsWU
>>
>>57591310
Oh boy, games already available on Linux. It'll go great with OpenMEMEsd lack of security. At least FreeBSD has security, try breaking out of their jails.
>>
>>57591494
Oh boy, a shitpost
>>
>>57591374
I'm just asking for a partner. I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>57591208
As long as I have wesnoth I don't need anything else.
>>
>>57591208
He just said he is going to work on writing drivers, don't you think he is already past the "MUHH GAYYYYYMES" phase.
>>
>>57591494
fun game for everyone, go to any /g/ archive and search for OpenMEMEsd and count the posts
>>
I know some C, and I've used freebsd a fair amount, but I don't really know how to write a driver. Sorry.
>>
>>57592940
Why did you even bother replying you fucking gimp?
>>
Honestly low level stuff like this is really interesting but I'd never know where to start.
>>
>>57591129
I will if you have experience with it. Have plenty of C/C++, FreeBSD experience, but never done anything with the kernel (well, not in terms of programming.) Always in the mood to learn; love FreeBSD.

If interested leave an email or discord or something.
>>
>>57591129
>>57593081
Also, what device do you plan to write drivers for? Are we talking a GPU or a USB dongle or something?
>>
>>57591150
Driver for bcm43xxx is WIP by landonf:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/compare/master...landonf:user/landonf/bhnd/9005_nvram_handle#files_bucket
>>
>vaguely asks for drivers
I'll design the logo.
But what do you mean, OP? What drivers?
>>
I keep seeing these BSD threads. Is there any advantage to OpenBSD over Free? I'm might try them out on a VM.
>>
>>57594493
they're almost completely different operating systems with different purposes
>>
>>57591129
No

fuck off
>>
>>57594505
FreeBSD? Oh, okay, thanks for the recommendation anon!
>>
File: Eric_Sparrow.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Eric_Sparrow.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>57594241
>asks for drivers
>he says he wants to make drivers

the fuck are you on you dumb shitter
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.