[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do most companies always seek for profit and not free knowledge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ff.png (152KB, 876x513px)
ff.png
152KB, 876x513px
Why do most companies always seek for profit and not free knowledge?
>>
>>57589756
Try going to a store and paying with knowledge.
>>
>>57589799
Honestly, it would be nice if you could use labor in exchange for goods. Exchanging items/knowledge wouldn't work out too well as those have varying degrees of worth.
>>
>>57589756
Because free knowledge doesn't pay the bills.
>>
>>57589892
donations, my friend
>>
>>57589916
>he actually believes it's possible to get the same amount of money getting donations than through mandatory payment
>implying someone will donate at all
Top kek.
>>
>>57589943
>he thinks I should pay for knowledge
Top kek.
>>
>>57589974
Actually you do, but not so much as for the raw knowledge, but for the work that was performed to put the information together for others. So you either pay, or get the fuck out and be on your own, it's that simple.
>>
>>57589799
Why not just fuck a woman instead?
>>
>>57590153
Sex is gross and unnatural.
>>
you know that it would actually be quite easy to go through codecademy's entire curriculum within 1-2 months, right?
>>
>>57589836
>it would be nice if you could use labor in exchange for goods

Then tell me what the fuck working is sperglord.
>>
>>57590013
>Thinks someone trying to improve their situation on their own merit shouldn't be free.

Go to saudi and fuck off
>>
All knowledge is free if you seek it.

Do you really need some stupid site to teach you how to code in JS/CSS/HTML ?

Find a book on amazon and search it on google + pdf download.

Wow look at all that free knowledge
>>
>>57589756
Are you retarded?

Companies exist to make a profit. That's their entire purpose.
>>
>>57589836
Money is saved up labor dummy
>>
>>57589756
code academy sucks dude
>>
>>57590544
>i have 0 reading comprehension
Are all open sores fags this blind?
>>
>>57590761
Thanks for the criticism. I think non raw knowledge should have an option to be paid for and not forced.
>>
>>57590827
I meant information
>>
Capitalism. Also, Codecademy isn't that good. You can learn the basics, but for anything beyond that you're going to need more.
>>
>>57589836
>it would be nice if you could use labor in exchange for goods

you already can, money is a good, and you can work specific job situations that by the end of the job, will give you a laptop for your work. It can all be negotiated.
>>
File: lake-night-moon-mountains-free.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lake-night-moon-mountains-free.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>57589756
I'm not an economist but I know that our current system flows around the exchange of goods or services and money. Knowledge combined with skill can be used to create a good or a service. Knowledge alone has limited value. Applying that knowledge to create something useful makes it a hundred times more valuable.

However, I do believe that we have a long way to go with consumer rights, specifically when it comes to food and technology. I think that the end user has the right to see all of the source code for whatever runs on their device, even if they have to pay extra for that. I also think that anti-consumer horse shit like security screws, firmware signing windows, bootloader locking, and a lack of hardware documentation should be illegal.

TLDR it's fine to make a profit as long as you don't treat the customer like shit.
>>
>>57589756
Because companies exist to make money.
>>
>>57591301
If that would be true then why would there be companies going bankrupt
>>
>>57589756
Because free knowledge doesn't feed their kids.
>>
What a retard question op... It explains for it selfie... What do you understand by "company" well there u got the answer...
>>
>>57589974
>what is tuition
>>
>>57591566
Not enough profits. You don't see companies going bankrupt from not enough free knowledge.
>>
>>57591248
I agree with this.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.