[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with idle server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 12346545439.png (2KB, 236x130px) Image search: [Google]
12346545439.png
2KB, 236x130px
I have access to a server hosted with 1gbit connection, I originally aquired it because I wanted to host a game I made, but until I get it finished I figured I could use it for something useful or fun. So what do you guys suggest?

Right now Im just dicking around with wine & x11 forwarding trying to run some windows only game servers.

It is located in another country so I guess I could use it for netflix VPN if that still works?
>>
Use it as a seedbox
>>
host botnet
>>
>>57585395
Freenet or Tor node
>>
>>57585395
I guess if you're into multiplayer gaming you could host your own server, but building a community usually takes some time unless you go for something super generic and get lucky with newcommers.

>>57585551
You don't use servers you own to do command and control.
But let's just say, for legal purposes, that you "legally" own all the bots you're talking about (I wouldn't want to tell you how to break the law, obviously).
These days, VOIP-traffic botnets are the way to go. You can decentralize them into groups of any size you want to and have a standard VOIP service wait for calls. When you need to use them, you have your C&C VOIP program dial out to them. When you want to coordinate an attack you give them a command to attack at a specified time or have them connect to a normal C&C temporarily. I say this because you usually don't want to keep them connected for long...it uh...well nevermind you probably know why.
>>
>>57585624
can u teach me how 2 hack?
>>
>>57585395
Run a game server with MUDs/roguelikes on it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.