[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JBL LSR305

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: lsr305_front_r.jpg (42KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
lsr305_front_r.jpg
42KB, 700x460px
Are these actually good or just a meme?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>57584050
Yes.
>>
>>57584036
they're a good meme
>>
>>57584036
I like mine, I use them with an Audio Interface
>>
Whatcha using em for anon? Those are decent monitors with a relatively flat frequency response compared to other consumer level monitor speakers which are tuned to boost the extreme highs and rumbling bass in a parabolic curve on a graphic EQ.
Good for editing and mixing. Not so good for home theatre.
>>
>>57584036
good
>>
File: alteclan.jpg (7KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
alteclan.jpg
7KB, 300x255px
>>57587223

I just want to listen to music, i dont plan on creating any.

I'm currently using an old altec lansing 2.1 system, which is one of the best computer speakers ever made imo

I'm wondering if lsr305 will be a step up, or is it just better to stick with this
>>
>>57587977

not to be rude, but almost anything that isn't a computer speaker will be a step up from your current set up
>>
>tfw just got a pair of used JBL 530s for 415 USD

I can't wait

also consider the emotive airmotiv 4/5s OP, they are competitive and arguably better
>>
>>57587977
>I'm currently using an old altec lansing 2.1 system, which is one of the best computer speakers ever made imo
............................ you're being ironic aren't you? Please tell me this is irony.
>>
>>57588638

thats not true.

i've tried different speakers and they were inferior

i've tried amp and bookshelf speakers. Inferior.

These altecs go down to 40hz, and have very good mids and treble.

For their size they are amazing. Back when manufacturers made things properly, instead of making shitty products.

>>57588970

Just as some of the old bookshelf speakers are much better than current riced shit, these are a solid speaker.

Have you heard them? They are better than most speakers, and ive heard a lot of speakers.
>>
>>57587977
Needs a subwoofer for movies, otherwise best value monitors ever since they are clear and wide with more bass extension than most monitors.
>>
>>57589052
Your sub goes to 40 not those small speakers. 305s goes to 50 without an sub
>>
They were awesome in my old flat

New room is echo-y and reverb-y as fuck and I can pretty much only use headphones anymore

TLDR depends how you set them up
>>
>>57584036
Don't ever buy loadspeakers with out listening to them first.

Go to a music-instrument shop, and ask to get a listen to the speaker compared with other speakers. (most serious stores have separate rooms for this)

This is the best way to make up your own mind. Since speakers appeal to different people with different hearing.
>>
>>57589165
>Your sub goes to 40 not those small speakers.

holy shit dude. really????

>305s goes to 50 without an sub

The problem is that half the retards here say things like "frequency response is flat, theyre only good for mixing, its no fun listening to music on them"

and the other half say

"its not good for mixing, only for watching films and used as a hifi, its really good for listening to music"

so yeah not very helpful tbqh
>>
>>57589237

In UK no one stocks lsr305 anyway, they only sell bullshit here.
>>
>>57589249
"Frequency response is flat"

This is why equalizers exist. So that you can adjust the speakers to your own preferences. (For listening, and not mixing.)

>>57589271
I'm in Denmark. They stock a lot of things, and what you cannot get here, is available to order from Germany.
>>
>>57589237
Theres no different hearing, only impaired hearing and normal, just like eyesight you fuck. Its TASTE. And in most cases people cant listen, and instead Id suggest get shit from amazon and return the ones you dont like. In this case get 305s and Airmotivs 4/5 and compare.
>>
>>57589294
>"Frequency response is flat"

>This is why equalizers exist. So that you can adjust the speakers to your own preferences. (For listening, and not mixing.)

This doesn't mean anything. Do they make music sound pleasant? Are the mids and treble and bass all clear? Do they go with a variety of music?

Do they work from a distance and nearfield?

How do they sound like compared to standard hifi speakers?
>>
>>57589249
Well anon you seem pretty retarded tbqh.

But studio monitors are meant for clean sound, no emphasis on one frequency. The sound is more dry but more detailed. Get a sub if you want better range. I own 305s and they sound extremely good compared to any other Hifi system Ive heard, especially with an sub.
>>
>>57589398

So they sound better than any hifi system you have heard. Thank you. That is actually information that can be useful to someone looking to buy this product.

Not "hurr frequency response is flat hurr" autism talk.
>>
>>57589416
'Flat frequency response' is just a posh and shitty way to say that the speaker reproduce the signal you give them as accurate as possible.

If you don't like that, manipulate the signal you give them.
>>
>>57589416
Its not autistic, its for informed people, since if its very flat, and still detailed, and extends low, nonretards know its an exceptional speaker. But whatever, in your case Id go for scythe kro crafts rev. B speakers and an lepy amp for around 80$ total + an active sub for 100$ since you wont appreciate the jbls (serious)
>>
>>57589470
Yes but on literally all audio sites i read the lsr305 are the opposite of "flat" and are very "coloured"

Apparently any other monitor has a much more "flat" response.

So what i'm wondering is, are the JBL intended for use as a hifi product?

and secondly, why does everyone say different things about them?
>>
>>57589499
> since if its very flat, and still detailed, and extends low, nonretards know its an exceptional speaker

haha you sound more ignorant than me 2bh, since literally everyone says these speakers are opposite of "flat" which is why they are so enjoyable to use in a casual listening environment
>>
>>57589537
>why does everyone say different things about them

Because they have to justify to themselves buying Genelec speakers to ten times the price.

Also, there goes a lot more into speakers (or CPU coolers. just like anything else on /g/) than just the performance numbers. There is always the factor of people starting to love one product, and then shite talk anything they have only little experience with.
>>
>>57589537
>>57589571
What are you reading other than charts? They are non coloured speakers, monitors. Yamahas are treblish and the rokkits are bass heavy, which these are compared to always. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
>>
>>57589640

Just google anywhere for lsr305 reviews or on forums, everyone says they are terrible for monitoring and mixing because they are not flat at all, and better used as a hifi than a monitor speaker
>>
>>57589470
>is just a posh and shitty way to say that the speaker reproduce the signal you give them as accurate as possible
That's not what that means. There are all sorts of way to lower correlation with flat response.

>>57589537
>the lsr305 are the opposite of "flat" and are very "coloured"
They are flat are the listening window. Slightly tipped up in the upper frequencies on axis.
>>
>>57589739
>They are flat are the listening window. Slightly tipped up in the upper frequencies on axis.

more autism talk
>>
File: 61Xv1u0whwL._SL1000_.jpg (81KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61Xv1u0whwL._SL1000_.jpg
81KB, 1000x1000px
Does anyone know if this behringer is any good?
>>
>>57589721
Everyone? Wtf everybody says theyre flat except you. THE FUCKING MEASURENTS SAY THEY ARE FLAT. THEN THEY ARE FLAT. Period, you deaf cunt
>>
>>57584036

Good, getting the LSR308 even if they're overkill.

I see them as a farewell last product from JBL because their parent company Harman got sold to Samsung for $8 MM this month. Saw it coming, their rodypoo CEO was a shill
>>
>>57584036
I love mine. I would buy again.
>>
>>57593114
>>57593106

Do you think lsr305 will be discontinued within the next 3 years?
>>
>>57589577
1. The LSR305 are cheaply made
2. They have 5 inch cone with an enormous bass reflex port to compensate for the lack of bass
3. They are memed into existence
>>
>>57593604

t. idiot who bought anything other than LSR305 in the $1000 price range
>>
pleb here with klipsche promedia 2.1 and they might not be amazing but they're damn good. not the old model either.
>>
>>57593709

> mfw 6 years ago i used to think klipsche promedia 2.1 used to be top end audiophile gear

oh how sweet it was to be an ignorant newfag
>>
>>57584036
it will be better than a plastic logiturd guaranteed.
>>
>>57593780

yeah they're definitely not top end but for the bang/buck i've yet to complain.
>>
File: 1465695023014.jpg (30KB, 333x316px) Image search: [Google]
1465695023014.jpg
30KB, 333x316px
>>57589249
>hearing what is recorded as intended is not fun for listening
>>
>>57589311
>Theres no different hearing, only impaired hearing and normal
everyone who is not a literal child has impaired hearing
>>
>>57593230
Probably not. It's popular. I believe the 4chan word for that is "meme".
Even if it were, it's not the only monitor on the market with a decently shaped waveguide attached.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.