[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 53

File: 3.5Fermi.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.5Fermi.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: >>57424089

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.
>>
Will my computer get rekted if i leave it for about 2+ years turned off? i have ssd and aio shit
>>
>>57582202
What do you guys think about this card: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BZJkcf/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-480-8gbd5-3dhoc

If it isn't good, what's the best bang/buck 8GB RX 480?

A guy in another thread said it's a bit heavy, but it's one of the best overclocking 480s.

It's not shit, is it?
>>
How come it's so hard to bite through your own skin and flesh? Compare to trying to bite something like a chicken and it all comes apart very easily.

Is it because it's not cooked, or some kind of mental block against doing this?
>>
>>57582226
I don't think it will matter. My dad found an old computer he used back in college back in the 80s a few years back and it booted up fine, was able to look through his old files and everything.
>>
where to register a domain /g/?

someone mentioned a couple which were pro freedom in general (cant remember specifics)
>>
What's a solid poorfag laptop/netbook I can buy that would run photoshop well without bursting into flames?

likely gonna be using a chinkshit drawing tablet w/ it for context.
>>
If you were stuck on a desert island with any one piece of technology of your choosing, what would you pick?
>>
>>57582386
second hand "top of the line" workstation
>>
>>57582465
Satellite phone.
>>
>Download recording software
>Look at the file outputs

"Mp4 nvidia nvenc and mp4 nvidia nvenc hevc"

What's the difference between these two? In a way a dummy could understand.
>>
>>57582528
mp4 is the container that combines the video and audio stream
nvidia is a GPU chip manufacturer
nvenc is nvidias GPU accelerated video encoder
hevc is the nickname of h265, the successor to h264, both video compression standards.

so the first will use h264 and the second h265.
the latter having a smaller file size for the same quality, but encoding generally takes (a lot) longer. I'm not sure how fast GPU accelerated encoding does, I've only used CPU encoding so far.

so depending how you want to use the file choose one.
if you want to upload it to the web/youtube use h264.
>>
Can my monitor be too cold to turn on?

Its an old Samsung T220 and it suddenly stopped turning on now its starting to become winter and due to terrible isolation it gets pretty cold in this room
It takes minutes or even hours to almost randomly turn on usually after I've put the heater on
>>
>>57582600
Very clear explatation, thank you very much anon!
>>
>>57582297
i think it's a mental block for self-preservation. it's why suicide is so difficult. you can't really choke yourself with your own hands, either.
>>
How do I open a .ain file? I want to mess up with it and can't figure it out...
>>
Is there a good easy and fast way to keep files synced between my android phone and PC?
>>
Can someone link me a good, up-to-date guide that would explain how to install Arch step by step?
I want to try it in a VM but i can't find any good installation guide and the one on wiki doesn't tell me shit.
>>
>>57582605
Does it have a fluorescent backlight? Fluorescent lamps don't like to strike when it's cold out, and this gets worse and worse as they approach death.

When it's cold and the monitor is apparently not working, check and see if there's an image on it that you just can't see because the backlight is out. (you'll have to tilt it in odd directions under the light to see this, it's very difficult)
>>
Anyone know how to access a virtual machine EBS volume that was not converted to a snapshot, had a small eucalyptus setup and the controller shat itself, got some images out of it but I can't fucking do anything with the volume files, the snapshots you can just open in 7zip but the volumes don't have a anything useful inside them?
>>
>>57582202
How do computers work?
>>
>>57583113
I've installed it using the wiki multiple times already, what are you having problems with?
>>
How am I supposed to assign a value to an array in bash? I'm pretty new to this.

for i in $(whatever);
do
let ${array[$counter]}="$i"
let counter++
done
>>
File: 14633354236711366667703.jpg (196KB, 1138x2048px) Image search: [Google]
14633354236711366667703.jpg
196KB, 1138x2048px
/g/ gameshow!
Name this widget!!!!!!
>>
>>57582226
If you plan to use old electronics in the future you have to freeze them. Usually -15°F or in the freezer does the trick. Make sure you place them in a airlocked bag to prevent freezer burn.
>>
>>57582227
I think if you want to save money you should go with Nvidia. They have a higher resale value and you get the latest ubisoft game for free.
>>
>>57582386
I would 100% go with a Mac. Apple has never failed in build quality and their integration with Photoshop. now with the touchbar you can have Photoshop buttons directly on your keyboard. How neat is that.
>>
>>57583405
for i in $(whatever);
do
array[$counter]="${i}"
((counter+=1))
done
>>
>>57582465

A knife, of course. That way I can open up coconuts and survive for days until an airplane sees my SOS message that I made with the used coconut shells
>>
File: 1465896542470.jpg (639KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1465896542470.jpg
639KB, 2000x3000px
Hi /g/. My moms birthday is coming soon, and I want to buy her an android tablet for her. She uses a shitty nextbook given by an ignorant relative, it's riddled with memory leaks since it has that fucked version of lollipop on it and hasn't been updated ONCE.
Unfortunately I'm too poor to buy her an iPad but I can't watch her wait 30 minutes to load facebook and use that piece of shit tablet, so it has to be on android.
What's a good, quality android tablet for facebook and youtube?
>>
>>57583494
Thank you man, I really appreciate it.
Why the curly brackets at i?
>>
>>57582528

one is hevc and the other one isn't.
>>
>>57583508
Install gentoo on tablet or ask /spg/
>>
>>57583511
habit.
see http://stackoverflow.com/a/8748880
>>
>>57582528
Different codecs

The first one is h264, most hardware supports it decoding it.

The second one is h265(hevc), it's newer and has better compression. But a lot of stuff still lacks hardware accelerated decoding support for it.

If you're encoding personal files for just your machine go with HEVC. If you're encoding files for several clients/a broad range of hardware then go with h264.

They both use the .mp4 container.
>>
>>57582605

sounds like the thermal paste on your monitor is all dried up. I suggest opening it up and reapply Artic Silver thermal compound on the CPU chip of your monitor. Make sure you wipe the surface of the chip with nail polish remover or acetone
>>
>>57582730
I googled it and .ain looks like a valve file type. I'd try downloading one of Steams/Valves SDK's to take a look at what's inside.
>>
>>57582685
>you can't really choke yourself with your own hands, either.
you can, but you won't kill yourself that way, as you'll pass out first, releasing your grip

>>57582297
a bit of both
>>
>>57582730
you can open virtually any file that exists with notepad
>>
>>57582931
USB cables are very affordable and can provide mildly adequate syncing between two devices
>>
>>57583276
you can access virtual machines without any additional software with the Windows 10 update. Go into control panel and open the update manager to update your current version of Windows to the latest one.
>>
>>57583592

But I use linux.
>>
Is it safe to use Dropbox or is there a better service? I remember reading some bad stories about Dropbox.
>>
>>57583508
I suggest the new Windows surface tablet/pc as they are very optimal in performance and are cheaper than Apple products. Additionally, Windows is a much safer option with constant updates and especially with the new Edge browser.
>>
>>57582227
XFX RX480 GTR
>>
>>57583615
Apple iCloud is a prime choice for cloud storage. With leading software integration and mobile networking, Apple iCloud storage has never been better provider for your storage.
>>
I left my computer off for 7 months when I finally turned it back on I'm getting weird temps and it seems to run slower, anyone have any idea why?
>>
>>57582202
In 3 years, will a bachelor of Biomedicine get me a job? I'm super fucking worried about not getting into med school and wasting 3 years +55k debt.
Australia, if it matters.
>>
>>57583673
replace the thermal paste, maybe? also clean the dust, if there is any.
>>
>>57583673
Yes, it's very simple. You have a virus. You must format your hard drives and perform a clean install of Windows. You might as well upgrade to Windows 10 if you want the absolute best in performance for your PC.
>>
>>57583722
That's what I was thinking for the temps, don't know if it would also fix the performance though

>>57583731
Should I also delete sys32?
>>
Why do so many ISPs block port forwarding? Is it to protect technologically illiterate customers?

Is there some way I can bypass the block?
>>
What desktop notification program is fotm?
>>
>>57583671
I don't use any apple products, though, just pcs and android phones
>>
how would i go about deleting my friends steam account? all he does all day is play TF2 and im trying to make sure he gets a girlfriend
>>
>>57583758
they might be using IPv6 already and use DS-lite to share an IPv4 for multiple customers or might just block commonly used ports like 80 and 21 to discourage running servers at home and rather make people pay for business plan.

change your ISP or get a VPN and route everything through it.
>>
>>57583787
unfortunately there is no way to delete a steam account. you must log onto his account with multiplayer cheats installed onto your computer and run the game. The anticheat software will automatically banish all interactions with TF2 on his account. this is a very good thing you are doing anon
>>
>>57583838
so even if i have access to his computer and client his account cannot be deleted?
>>
>>57583821
>get a VPN and route everything through it

alright thanks. And is reverse ssh tunneling an option?
>>
>>57583850
no. even if there was a way, it would be much easier to download old cheats and run the game once.
>>
I really need your help on this guys.

I dropped my phone last night (Very softly) I have a good case and a glass screen protector.

Well the screen wasn't responsive, I thought it was a phone glitch or something (Screen was good and had no marks). Fast forward to this morning and I wake up and my phone has purple on the bottom left
(It's nowhere as bad as this, I can still see most of the screen)

How can I backup my data? The screen does not respond to anything, but I did use a mouse and OTG cable and that worked just fine.

The phone is a Note 5.
>>
In those images of large server/network rooms with organized cables, you always see colour co-ordinated cables. What is generally the reasoning behind choosing which cable gets which colour?
>>
>>57583909
VAC bans are game specific and do not transfer.

mpcheats is ur place if u need
>>
>>57583910
Attach to nearby computer, cut&paste everything. Don't disturb it when it's moving.
that's it.
If you have a jewgle account you will also backup some application data

>>57583960
Sorting.
Example: orange cable connects to the main terminal, red goes to a switch, blue is there if you need a debug port, etcetera.
Of course there isn't a standard, so there is no fixed color chart.
>>
File: hes dead jim.png (448KB, 789x612px) Image search: [Google]
hes dead jim.png
448KB, 789x612px
If I upgrade my mobo, would I have to completely re-install Win7?
>>
>>57583838
>believing the ol' "i'm trying to get him a girlfriend" adage
How can some people still be so naive in the 21st century? Are you a boomer?
>>
>>57583998
maybe
>>
>>57583998
you might be able to just activate it again without reinstalling, but i'm not sure.
>>
>>57583993
>Sorting.
>Example: orange cable connects to the main terminal, red goes to a switch, blue is there if you need a debug port, etcetera.
>Of course there isn't a standard, so there is no fixed color chart.
So, multiple cables connect to "one" device or kind of device? I guess that makes sense in larger companies where these things usually are, forgot about that.
>>
>>57583998
if same chipset usually no.
worst case: BSOD ->reboot->safe mode / format
>>
File: g528.png (71KB, 804x597px) Image search: [Google]
g528.png
71KB, 804x597px
Trying to make a test maplestory private server but MySQL Workbench refuses to apply changes. Why is this?
>>
>>57584015
coloring may also be related to the destination, as all the red wires may go to the same room. In cases such as this, cables are also labelled
>>
If I want to have both Win 7 (existing installation, but transfered to new PC with use of sysprep command) and Win 10 Edu on same PC, should I plug out drive with Win 7, install Win 10 on another one and then plug in Win 7 HDD back, or I should keep them all plugged during Win 10 installation?

Assuming that I wont use uefi and secure bot is disabled in bios.
>>
>>57584024
it says right there, your birthday column is set to not allow nulls and you don't have it in your insert statement.
and since you didn't supply one it defaulted to 0000-00-00, which is not inside the valid range for datetime or timestamp.
>>
>>57584041
Safest would be to unplug it, but i wouldn't, it should be k.
>>
>>57584041
i'd unplug it and then fix the boot manager or install grub2, so you don't have to go to the bios every time you want to boot the other os.
>>
>>57583998

Run sysprep command on old mobo (with option to shutdown, not restart after procedure), THEN plug in disk for new mobo and run Win 7 from it.

Sysprep will force it to switch to "first run" scenario, aka "adjust itself for new hardware".

Otherwise, it wont work properly.

Of course, clean install is always safer choice, if you are fine with installing all updates again and setting up everything.
>>
File: 1472570605985.jpg (309KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1472570605985.jpg
309KB, 1200x1500px
>>57582202
Which linux distros have systemd and which don't?
>>
>>57584005
we are only 16 years into the 21st century, I'm not sure if your rotting brain can comprehend time.

And I am not sure what you mean by being a "boomer." I do not support suicide bombers or the actions of the Islamic State. I understand there will be accusations of these "boomers," especially in 2016, but I can assure you I am not one.
>>
I want to upgrade an old hard drive to a new 2tb drive on my lubuntu server. I am thinking of using clonezilla, does anyone have any tips? I also
want to start doing full OS backups on an external drive (as setting up and configuring the OS took ages), what's the best solution? I'm hoping for an easy fix incase my 2tb hard drive dies
>>
>>57584099
>Of course, clean install is always safer choice, if you are fine with installing all updates again and setting up everything.

Yeah I just found the disc, I think I'll take that option. Cheers.
>>
>>57584113
you are trying too hard
>>
>>57584080

>so you don't have to go to the bios every time you want to boot the other os

Wait, you mean I couldnt just hold F12 during boot to select drive?

Is there any good article(s) about fixing boot manager or installing grub 2 in such scenario (Win10/7 dual boot)? I know I could search on my own (and should), but I burned few times by following stupid guides and dont want to screw up again.

>>57584060

I opt for safest option then, if it will still works. Thanks.
>>
>>57584113
gave me a good kek desu.
>>
>>57584138
>I couldnt just hold F12 during boot to select drive?
nah, i forgot about that.

to install grub2, you will have to boot from a linux livecd and just run some commands. you don't have to install linux, you can install grub2 only. grub2 should detect both windows installations during the install.

as for boot manager repair, this might help

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

maybe it even detects the windows 10 installation without any fixes, i never had a duo windows installation.
>>
which after market 1080 gtx card would you guys recommend? Or should I wait for the 1080 ti?
>>
>>57584209
MSI is pretty decent, also yes you should wait 1080 ti if you are patient and can afford it
>>
Where would your learn programming good practice?
Or programming WITH good practice.
>>
>>57584233
Thanks, I can wait so that's no problem.
>>
I'm running firefox nightly on arch linux. I have it set to auto-update but every time it tries to update it fails citing a lack of permissions. I know I had this set up in a way that would work, but my hard drive crashed recently and I can't for the life of me remember what I did.

How do I give nightly permission to install updates without running the whole thing as root?
>>
>>57583993
How am I gonna connect to PC if I need an OTG and mouse to even use it?
>>
File: f346.png (71KB, 802x599px) Image search: [Google]
f346.png
71KB, 802x599px
>>57584053
The video tutorials left them blank and it worked. Are the outdated versions of MySQL better?

I filled in Birthday and now it wants a date and time for tempban. What do I fill in there?
>>
Would a computer still boot if a PCI slot was broken?
>>
>>57584289
has nothing to do with mysql version but how your table is set up.
if that column doesn't take NULL then you have to insert a value.
post your table schema
SHOW CREATE TABLE accounts;

or set birthday/tempban and other columns you don't need to allow null values.
>>
>>57584285
USB cable?
Ok, bear with me, it's gonna be difficult:
you detatch everything
you insert your Universal Serial Bus cable into the Universal Serial Buc socket of your phone
then you insert the other end of your Universal Serial Bus cable into the Universal Serial Buc socket of your pc, which will display that an universal serial bus compliant device has been inserted in your pc
then you open your file manager (whatever it is) and select your device
open it
when you see the main directory of the device, hold your left mouse button down and hover over every element
then press the right button and choose the "Cut" option in the context menu you just opened
then you create a folder on your pc and open it
then, finally, click the right button again and select "Paste" in te context menu you just opened
then go outside for some minutes
Is it really that difficult?

>>57584307
It should.
>>
is it possible to run multiple instances of Tor (each one with different exit node), using the default Tor bundle portable installation?
>>
>>57583785
I did some more reasearch and found https://syncthing.net/

Looks pretty sweet and it's open source, so I'll try that.
>>
>>57582202
Can I install custom made software on a windows tablet. It runs on a laptop with preinstalled win8. However, I'd need external optics drive to install onto tablet.

I'm asking since some tablet versions of windows are only capable of installing software that can be downloaded in the store. It think they have the postfix RT.

How about a win 10 tablet? Would it be able to run custom software that runs on a laptop running win8?

I'm asking as I want to replace my parents now broken pc with a tablet since there needs are totally meet with a tablet. The only thing they would like to have also is this shitty software.
>>
>>57584349
Are you fucking retarded? How am I gonna connect two things if I have one port you mong.
Obviously I can fucking do this.

When I connect it is not on the right thing to view all the files.
>>
>>57584632
Why should you connect a mouse?
Have you tried... not using the phone when you transfer files?
>>
>>57584349
I have to click allow access on the phone but I can't use the OTG and mouse if it's connected to the PC.

>>57584664
THE SCREEN DOES NOT WORK, IT DOES NOT RESPOND TO TOUCH FUCKING INPUT, I CAN SEE WHAT'S ON THE SCREEN BUT NOT USE IT.
>>
My ASUS laptop cant have win7 installed on it because it doesnt detect the HDD in the installation and all the drivers in the official page are ONLY for win10.
how can i get to install win7 ? to what degree are win10 drivers compatible on win7 ?
>>
File: file-57f786e2424ac9ee32.jpg (67KB, 746x800px) Image search: [Google]
file-57f786e2424ac9ee32.jpg
67KB, 746x800px
I'm thinking of buying a 4GB RX 480 (I don't feel like 8 gigs is necessary for what I'm going to use the card for).

What's the best vendor in terms of price/quality? I've been mostly looking at the Sapphire version.
>>
File: 1437282533149.gif (966KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1437282533149.gif
966KB, 500x344px
When I'm listening to music through my smartphone, is the loudness constrained by my phone, or my headphones?
>>
>>57584680
YOU DON'T NEED THE FUCKING SCREEN TO CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR PC GODDAMNIT!
>>
how do I check how much wattage I'm using
>>
Yo, I bought a stereo and set of speakers, which has both an AUX In/Out and a USB slot.
I would like to use one of either of these to make it functional as opposed to just being a cd player. The only Flash drive I tried wouldn't actually read, and my phones headphone jack is fucked.
Any good ways to clean/fix my phones jack? It's an S5 Neo for reference.

Or... can I use a bluetooth dongle in the stere's usb slot to play music from my phone there? In theory of course, there's a possibility the slots just fucked
>>
does unscrewing the plate on a laptop that has the hdd, dvd reader and ram under it void warranty if it doesnt have that warranty void sticker on it?
>>
File: Q4pP3tf[1].jpg (59KB, 666x632px) Image search: [Google]
Q4pP3tf[1].jpg
59KB, 666x632px
stupid question #11669876

a person I know needs a """gaming""" laptop that can run tf2 (duh) killing floor 2 and overwatch stable on high settings

the main reason it needs to be a laptop is because of mobility, person in question is aware that gaming laptops are SHIT (I hope...)

I can make a desktop build for said games but I cannot translate the parts into laptop performance, plz help

pic related, mfw discussing gaming laptops
>>
>>57585235
laptop with a decent cpu + an external gpu
>>
I'm still using a 2gb video card from 2012/3.

Give me a decent 4gb one.
>>
>>57585341
that's a good solution I admit however I doubt I can convince said person to carry a brick of a graphics card with them all the time

thank you though
>>
With most laptops worth getting have high DPI displays, is it worth investing in a 4k display for desktop usage just yet, since i'd probably play games in 1080?
>>
right sidr of my monitor is cracked is there a way to use only whats to the left of the crack for disppay?
>>
Best book for learning C/C++
Best book for learning Java
Best book for learning C#
>>
File: 1467695044035.jpg (52KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467695044035.jpg
52KB, 960x960px
>>57585074
Oh lord you're are so fucking autistic, proceed to kill yourself faggot, it's not hard to understand.

For me to back up my files to the PC a pop-up comes up on the phone and I have to hit allow.

Now the fucking screen is broke so I can either connect the mouse so I can navigate or connect it to the fucking PC.

HOW AM I GONNA HIT ALLOW SO THAT I CAN ACCESS MY PHONE FILES IF IT'S CONNECTED TO MY PC AND I NEED THE FUCKING MOUSE TO EVEN HIT ALLOW.

Stupid cunt.
>>
>>57585456
left key--> enter
after u get allow screen
>>
What constitutes a read/write cycle?

If, say, an SSD, has an estimated lifespan of 1 million reads and 1 million writes, does that mean I can save 1 million images and open them once each?

Opening a program will burn trough as many read cycles as files the program needs to run once?
>>
File: 1473105534788.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1473105534788.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>57585467
I'm tired of explaining, fuck you guys.
>>
>>57585456
>you have to authorize your phone to do stuff literally every phone does automatically by default
Welp, found your problem, your phone is shit.
Maybe in settings there is a option to remove the dialog.
>>
>>57585487
It never did it before until now, I don't know why mate.
>>
how long until x99 become depreciated?

is this a good time to build it? or too late
>>
File: taskmanager.png (118KB, 680x1036px) Image search: [Google]
taskmanager.png
118KB, 680x1036px
I have 8gb of Memory. Why is my computer using 44% with only my browser, steam and avp running?
>>
Is it possible to will yourself to die, if you want to strongly enough?
>>
>>57585656
no.
>>
>>57585355
it's either that or you pay a lot more for a laptop with a half-decent mobile gpu that will destroy battery life and can't be upgraded

if gaming is a big part of what he uses his computer for, using anything but a desktop gpu (be it in a desktop or at least in an external gpu enclosure) is just silly
>>
>>57585651
because the point of RAM is being used.
windows preloads some of your most used applications already so they are faster when you actually need them.
check the resource manager to see what gets actually used.
>>
>>57585486
Hey that's not cool
>>
I have file.png, which I want to convert to pdf with ImageMagick. That would be:
convert file.png file.pdf
However, I need to automatically generate the name file.pdf based on the input file name. Is there a way to do this with convert command line options?
>>
trying to install win7 on my laptop i get BSOD with code ending in "7E"
help
>>
>>57585355
Get him a laptop with a decent APU, he isn't playing anything super demanding anyway. You'll be surprised by how good those and Intel GPUs can be.
>>
is there a working browser plugin that can make youtube transparent? ive one in chrome that doesnt work
>>
What's the difference between XenServer ( http://xenserver.org/ ) and Citrix XenServer?
>>
>>57585776
Tell us more about it, not enough info.

What, in what, when, with what, etc.
>>
What way is there to record calls on an iPhone
>>
I need to learn some back end Java shit with spring being the end goal. What study route should I take? Basic Java > servlets/jsp > spring?

And can anyone recommend any books?
>>
File: 20161119_1155098761.jpg (113KB, 899x1599px) Image search: [Google]
20161119_1155098761.jpg
113KB, 899x1599px
Thoughts on a laptop in the price range (CAD)?

All I do is watch movies, browse chrome, and write papers.

I just want something to last but also not cost $1000.
>>
File: 4462.png (145KB, 1101x1039px) Image search: [Google]
4462.png
145KB, 1101x1039px
>>57585709
Alright, what about now?

The only things I really use on this PC are my browser and occasionally video editing software. What should I be stopping to clear up memory and how?
>>
>>57585053
If you are in the EU its the phone mainly
If you have headphones with too high an impedance or a phone with not enough power these can also reduce volume
>>
>>57582202
Is it possible for a windows app to kill a touchscreen?

I opened the windows 10 photos app on my laptop and after using the touchscreen it became unresponsive and now I'm trying to update drivers and everything (going to do a full reset soon) but the touchscreen just doesn't work anymore
>>
>>57585709
Or you have a memory leak in a driver.

>>57586063
Try this.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/rammap.aspx
>>
Looking to get a NAS to various reasons.

What is a decent budget nas ?
Looking for a 4 bay option for space/redundancy

Maybe something like a used WD EX4 on ebay ?
thoughts ?
>>
File: 1437796304000.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437796304000.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Should I have separate ssids for 2.4 and 5 GHz? Netgear wndr3400v3, bunch of Apple products on the network. I heard some devices don't choose or switch bands well
>>
File: Vaughn.png (34KB, 951x531px) Image search: [Google]
Vaughn.png
34KB, 951x531px
I'm not sure how much help it will be to ask here, but maybe someone knows whats going on.

I visit a streaming site pretty often and they use vaughnlive to stream shit non-videogame shit. However no matter what I do, I always get this error message when trying to load the streams.

I've tried whitelisting those urls, Disabling adblock completely, and visited the site on a newly installed browser with no addons. Still got the same error page. We use chatango to chat so going to the vaugn site to watch things isn't really convenient.
>>
>>57583568
>>57582931
Usb cables in conjunction with unison
>>
I'm currently employed at a small startup which uses Go as its backend. Is Go just a meme? What should I learn to make myself more valuable as an applicant? I already know Python, and a bit of C, C++, and Java.
>>
>>57584105
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>
foobar2000 just started freezing when I play a song. lasts about 15-20 seconds. I can't figure out the cause but it seems to be internal. It's reading from a RAID but those drives aren't the problem. They're not in use. I have plenty of RAM. I tried narrowing down components, the most resource intensive is waveform seekbar. Disabled it but that didn't help.
>>
>>57582931
I can't be bothered with usb cables, i went with onedrive but I suppose dropbox or google drive may be better if you want more space...
>>
>>57586635
nvm fixed it

it was foo_uie_biography.dll
>>
>>57585182
Is the flash drive formatted properly? Many stereos and such will only read fat32/fatx not NTFS/ext4/hfs
>>
File: ShowTV-eski-logo.jpg (7KB, 312x196px) Image search: [Google]
ShowTV-eski-logo.jpg
7KB, 312x196px
Which browser do I install to my mom's win10 2gb ram z8300 machine?
>>
>>57585427
C programming language by Kernighan and Ritchie
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial
web.cs.iastate.edu/~cs227/
>>
>>57586063
You should stop playing alien vs predator, its 2016 ffs
>>
>>57586050
Asus f555la is 499CAD on Amazon
>>
>>57582202
Are any of you guys experienced overclockers?
Through an interesting turn of events I ended up with a spare i3 6100, and a 6600k in a b150 board. I want to get a z170 board and probably delid both chips.

From my understanding the primary difference between motherboard's overclocking ability is the VRM(i dont even know what these do) cooling. Is that true? If it is it seems like most $140+ boards are the same with minor heatsinks on the vrm's. Is there anything else I should be looking for?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-19-12-02-50.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-19-12-02-50.png
1MB, 720x1280px
I found a laptop with 5 antenas but the chip only has 2 ports, any idea of what's the point of that?
>>
How many TBs of FLAC music is estimated to have been available on What.CD?
>>
All Windows user is a troll here?
>>
>>57582202
Been using an iPhone 5S since its release 9.3.3 jail broken rn, pretty comfy but I'm craving smth new.
Can be any kind of chink garbage or whatever but at least make it kinda expensive, don't want to buy some 400$ shit.

Best would either be safety or extreme customization or just both.

Pls halp
>>
Would a GTX 1050Ti bottleneck a G4400?
>>
What's the current preferred budget SSD brand/model?

Also GPU prices currently seem inflated, thought about buying a 1050 for a spare PC but I guess that can wait.
RX480 is also at least 80 euros overpriced at the moment.
>>
>>57587136
240/500GB Samsung 850 EVO.
>>
>>57587156
Thanks, and I guess you meant 250.
>>
how do you keep yourselves hydrated at work/on the desk ? some kind of reusable bottle ? I am trying to drink more water, but don't like to stand up so often, also distracts me.

ty
>>
File: 54gg.png (91KB, 1141x846px) Image search: [Google]
54gg.png
91KB, 1141x846px
>>57586368
Is there anything I should be screencapping?
>>
Is there any way, e.g. 3rd party software, to suppress the push to talk key on Discord? So the key works only for the push to talk.

I use § as my push to talk -key and if I have any kind of text box open I will flood it with §§§§§ if I want to talk

Mumble has this feature but my friends want to use Discord
>>
File: kodi.png (23KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
kodi.png
23KB, 625x625px
I have an old 19" case with 6HDDs in it that I want to turn into a media center
any interesting ideas how I'd go about setting something up that let's me run Kodi and Emby from there ?
there's OpenELEC but I have no idea how I'd do the emby config on that
well appreciate input....
>>
What's the suggested order for installing updates on Windows 7 SP1?
>>
>>57587314
Most of it seems to be mapped files. Go to the "File Summary" tab and order them by total.
>>
>>57587329
Sorry I can't help with that, but can you tell me where that option is in mumble?
It drives me crazy spamming textboxes full with my push to talk key.
>>
>>57587381
1. KB 3020369
2. KB 3125574
3. Remove/disable any tracking shit, CEIP and telemetry services
4. Check for updates, hide everything that isn't a "security" update, install security updates, reboot
>>
File: splitter.jpg (24KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
splitter.jpg
24KB, 500x446px
This is sold as a splitter, so you can use a hands-free headphone in a regular computer with separate audio and microphone jacks but I want it the other way, I have a regular computer headset with two plugs and want to connect it to a new laptop that comes with a single jack just like a phone.

Does it just work or do I need a different one for that?
>>
>>57587428
In "shortcuts" check the "Suppress"-box
>>
Whats a good tool that can unlock encrypted password protected pdf files like a brute force tool or something?
>>
File: 10682-fish.png (11KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
10682-fish.png
11KB, 512x512px
Is there an ASCII art generator for emojis? For example If i wanted to spell out the word "Fish" using the fish emoji?
>>
File: 1.jpg (77KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 600x607px
>>57584601
Bamp
>>
>>57582202
>3.5Fermi
>3.5
>Fermi
I'm so triggered right now. Those two things were years apart.
>>
How can i setup proxy (i tried with squid) so that it is not recognised as a proxy by google/etc.??
>>
>>57587699
Squid in transparent mode? If you mean not recognized by google chrome, so it thinks its regular internet then that. If you mean not recognized by websites then I don't know. How do they even recognize you are behind squid? does it set a header when making a request or something? I doubt it but if that's it, there's probably an option to disable it.
>>
my wifi device in "iwconfig" is named wlp3s0 rather than the normal "wlan0"
is this bad ?
>>
>>57586967
Is there room for additional chips? Like a 3/4G modem or another wifi card. That might explain the extra antennas
>>
>>57582202
Is there a way to find out what the previous hours on a refurbished hard drive were? Even to confirm that it was actually a brand-new drive that got sent back?
>>
File: t3_3gxjbf.jpg (217KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
t3_3gxjbf.jpg
217KB, 764x1024px
Is there any way to sort by song name in cmus? Because the default is sorted by artist >> album >> track #. It completely ignores the track name from its sorting. Anyone know how to change this?
>>
>>57582226
It should be fine. The only thing is that you might have problems with the aio and the fluid in it, but you'd be safe to leave it and then keep an eye on it when you turn it back on.
>>
>>57582931
Goggle drive, airdroid, bittorent sync or Pushbullet. Depends on the features and battery life impact you want/need
>>
What's a good lightweight browser for Windows? I'm thinking about trying Midori, but is there anything else worth checking out?
>>
which chink laptop looks closest to a Macbook?

I want to take one and install ElementaryOS on it just to confuse normies
>>
Is there a reason behind mobile devices having a brightness slider (with many different levels of brightness, just like there are many different levels of volume on a desktop OS) -- but when it comes to brightness on the desktop, W10 has maybe 6 levels adjusted by a retarted button, and f.lux has built in 7 or so with the same retarted button idea? Why can't it just be made as a slider right next to the volume slider?
>>
>>57587484
That's.... Exactly what you're looking for. A splitter. It won't work for the first thing you mentioned.
>>
>>57586967
>>57587874
There is space for another card, it goes above that one. It'd be for a cellular network.
>>
>Tree Style Tab addon is having issues with User Styles and vice-versa
Anyone else ever had this problem? Both worked fine before.
>>
>>57586934
You can't overclock on any Intel (current gen) chipset except z170 and x99. How well they overclock is mostly a meme, but in general more phases is more better, and you'll want at least 6-8. You'll also want the vrm to stay cool enough to operate. The biggest difference, however, between the cheap and expensive boards are features. The expansion slots, front connectors, rear I/O and internal ports (like sata and m.2 and mini pcie and such) are probably the biggest differences, as well as how they're implemented.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTSBjuK_7g

is this a meme?
>>
>>57588406
and this mostly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLHE0_NRFo
>>
>>57588406
>>57588434
>Title
You cant increase your internet speed, unless your adapter is bottlenecking you.

So yup, a meme that is fake.
>>
Its not anything important, but its something that always bugs me when I go onto my computer.
I have Windows 10 installed and for the lock screen on my multi monitor setup, my background gets cut off on the second monitor. Is there any sort of way or setting to make it so my second monitor comes up with the rest of the image?
>>
    switch(month_num){
case 1:
month = "January";
break;
case 2:
month = "February";
break;
case 3:
month = "March";
break;
case 4:
month = "April";
break;
case 5:
month = "May";
break;
case 6:
month = "June";
break;
case 7:
month = "July";
break;
case 8:
month = "August";
break;
case 9:
month = "September";
break;
case 10:
month = "October";
break;
case 11:
month = "November";
break;
case 12:
month = "December";
break;
default:
cout << "Go fuck yourself you stupid motherfucker.\n";
}

I know I'm dumb, but using an enum gave me an error. What's a shorter way of doing this?
>>
If I have a mail server why i should use IMAP or POP3 to acces my mail instead of NFS or rsync or whatever?
>>
>>57588761
so you can access it with your mail client
>>
tmobile user

Samsung s7 or s7 edge?

Mainly Internet browsing and video watching

Coming from a iPhone 5s
>>
I want to set up my home network to only use VPN so that any devices that connect to my router are encrypted. I did some research on my router (asus ac1200) and it is not supported by openwrt yet. The shit firmware also doesn't support VPNs. Does anyone know how I can make it work? I also have a rpi at my disposal if that could help.
>>
File: $_35[1].jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35[1].jpg
5KB, 300x300px
I forgot where I bought it exactly, but sometime ago I bought a super cheap PS/2 to USB adapter online that looks exactly like the one here that I found on google image search. I never used it, I just figured I'd need it someday.

Well, fast forward to today. My little brother was having problems with his keyboard and so I gave him one of my spare PS/2 keyboards and since his computer doesn't have a PS/2 port, I had to give him the adapter as well.

Turns out, this adapter is fucking garbage for video games. You can't press two keys at the same time. If you're playing a shooter game and you're holding W to walk forward and then you press Space to jump, your character will completely stop walking forward when you jump. It's this way with every other combination of movement too (can't strafe and jump or backpedal and jump, so on)

My question is. Is this just the adapter being a piece of shit or are all PS/2-to-USB adapters this bad? It's really only bad for gaming.
>>
>>57582202
Is SICP a good start for beginners?
>>
>>57588818
me

also, I know it's not just the keyboard, because after we discovered this "can't do more than two inputs"-issue, I gave him another spare PS/2 keyboard I had that I know doesn't have input issues and it was exactly the same.
>>
>>57588782
Yes, i just would like to know if would be better to use or another
>>
>>57588815
get any old shitbox with two NICs and put pfSense on it. Use that as your router. Take your Asus and put it in plain access-point mode.
>>
>>57588901
Thanks, can you think of any issues if I just got a USB to NIC adapter and used a PI3?
>>
Anyone got an idea on how to get an .edu email?
>>
Which 4chan X fork/extension do you recommend, and why?
I don't need much ricing functionality.
>>
File: 1.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>57588205
Wouldn't it be called a Joiner or a Union then?
>>
>>57588901
>>57588998
Never mind, pfSense doesn't support any ARM architecture. Although IPFire does so I'm thinking I'll just use that and get the usb to NIC adapter.
>>
>>57588998
It'll work, but it'll be slow. Doing crypto at line speed is a pretty heavy burden for an RPi. You may or may not care, depending on your internet speed and usage habits. Here are some benchmarks: https://www.hackviking.com/single-board-computers/openvpn-performance-on-the-pi/

any old Core 2 Duo or newer machine will handle it without breaking a sweat though.
>>
>>57589098
>Never mind, pfSense doesn't support any ARM architecture
Huh, thought they did. It's basically a fancy interface on top of FreeBSD, and FreeBSD runs on ARM stuff.
>>
>>57588713
var Months = new Dictionary<int, string>() {
{1, "January"},
{2, "February"},
{3, "March"},
etc
};

if (Months.ContainsKey(month_num)) {
return Months[month_num];
} else {
throw new FuckYourselfException("Stupid motherfucker");
}
>>
>>57588843
>>57588818

Buy a keyboard with n-key rollover.
>>
>>57582202
I have a two SSD's one i use for Windows the other I tried installing Mac OSX on. It worked but I fucked something up in the Clover Config.plist and now it wont boot to Mac.

How do I wipe an SSD formatted to use Mac OSX and can I do that on Windows?
>>
>>57589117
Yeah seems weird but this guy said so http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/50321/can-you-run-pfsense-on-a-raspberry-pi-3

I plan on using NordVPN so I'm not doing the encrypting on my hardware.
>>
>>57585869
Pls respond
>>
File: search.jpg (288KB, 819x850px) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
288KB, 819x850px
I will personally fellate anyone smarter than me who can help me figure this out.

I need to take screenshots of Google reviews -- all of them. Instead of manually scrolling and taking multiple screenshots to later stitch together, I'd like to find a way to automate this process.

I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult. I've tried a number of different Firefox and Chrome plugins as well as standalone software. Nothing seems to be able to detect the scrollbar on the lightbox/popup.

Using a windows machine at the moment but I'm open to Linux solutions as well.

Please dear god someone save me from the soul crushing monotony of doing this by hand.
>>
>>57589417
Can you already do screenshots with regular page scrolls? If so then you could use some css (add it to the page using the stylish add-on) so it overflows and shows everything instead of having a nested scrollbar.
>>
>>57589417

What >>57589474 said + Fireshot pro
>>
>>57589417
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6887183/how-to-take-screen-shot-of-a-div-with-javascript

Maybe do something like this?
>>
>>57589212
>>I plan on using NordVPN so I'm not doing the encrypting on my hardware.
You are, actually. Whenever you connect to the VPN server, on any device, your device runs a key agreement protocol with the server, and then uses that key to encrypt everything it says to the server. (which would be any internet traffic at all, in your case)

If you're connecting to the VPN on your computer, your computer will be doing the encrypting (and you won't notice the overhead unless it's an old single-core P4 or something) If your router is connecting to the VPN, so that everything on the network goes through it, all the traffic has to be encrypted by your router.
>>
Does Windows 8.1 work flawlessly with Skylake? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't but I saw a couple of people telling me I'm asking for troubles.
>>
File: works on my machine.png (30KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
works on my machine.png
30KB, 200x193px
>>57589590
6600k win8.1 here
>>
File: editorX.png (332KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
editorX.png
332KB, 1366x768px
what is this editor called?
is there a same soft alternative for Windows?
>>
>>57589689
sublime text
>>
>>57589490
>>57589505
>>57589589
Thank you very much for these replies.

>>57589474
>Can you already do screenshots with regular page scrolls?
Yes.
>If so then you could use some css (add it to the page using the stylish add-on) so it overflows and shows everything instead of having a nested scrollbar.
Conceptually this makes perfect sense to me. I never would have considered it, so thank you very much. Unfortunately I'm dog shit with CSS, but I'm currently tinkering and trying to figure it out.
>>
File: 2016-11-19_1110x725_scrot.png (131KB, 1110x725px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-19_1110x725_scrot.png
131KB, 1110x725px
How to link /en/index.html in index.html to go to another language?
>>
Super newvie here with super dumb question

I have 2 sticks of RAM and 4 slots for them. 2 yellow and 2 black. Which alots should i put them?
>>
>>57589166
In C++ I meant.
>>
File: cozy kitter.png (147KB, 278x305px) Image search: [Google]
cozy kitter.png
147KB, 278x305px
Thoughts?

I was told by both places they'd give me a discount we'd work out when I go buy the parts, so it'll probably all come up to about 1800-ish.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/ymJbCy
>>
>>57589766
the first (closest one to the cpu) and the third. they are probably the same color
>>
>>57589738
thanks bro
>>
When getting a new pc what should i do first after installing OS?
>>
should i upgrade from the 2 gb version of the r9 380 to the 8 gb 480?
>>
File: 1471652432682.jpg (38KB, 311x378px) Image search: [Google]
1471652432682.jpg
38KB, 311x378px
Where should I start to learn more about networking and internet connections as a whole?

Do I need to study network security and encryption completely separately or is there a single place to learn about both?

Honestly i'm fucking retarded regarding that stuff so I don't even know if this question makes sense to begin with.
>>
>>57589907
maybe
>>
>>57589742
Ok, I really wanted to figure this out on my own but I can't get it.

Going to keep trying but if anyone wants to be really kind and tell me what CSS changes I need to make with stylish to accomplish my goal (displaying all google reviews) I'd really, really appreciate it.
>>
>>57590007
how bored do you have to be to troll questions in the stupid questions thread?
>>
File: og-image.jpg (885KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og-image.jpg
885KB, 1200x630px
Is prisma a botnet? I read that it works offline? But like, it also has small servers so they have em on your phone or something? Like they cant fit a cognitive computer engine in a phone right? Has to be a botnet?
>>
>>57582202
does full online anonymity exist?if so, how?
>>
>>57590196
>how bored do you have to be cliché
>troll cliché

0/10
>>
>>57590196
Its a serious answer
Nothing in your question indicates whether or not you would benefit from an upgrade
>>
>>57590330
anonymity is relative
'full anonymity' requires many layers of tinfoilry
>>
Why can I not update to the Anniversary edition?
>>
>>57590349
nothing cliche about 0/10 though

>>57590386
planning on playing at 1080p 144hz, probably around high/ultra, play a few new games but not many. struggling with that currently @ 2gb 380
>>
File: 1.png (66KB, 175x147px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
66KB, 175x147px
Is KeePassX a good option? Not looking for something crazy sophisticated, just something for a bit of extra security.
>>
>>57590485
480 might push 144hz on medium, high/ultra will be closer to 60fps
>>
>>57588829
pls
>>
File: 51YLGz7z5iL.jpg (38KB, 399x500px) Image search: [Google]
51YLGz7z5iL.jpg
38KB, 399x500px
Need a new harddrive to replace my old one. Any reason not to get this one?
>>
>>57590582
buy hgst if you're dumb enough to still be buying HDDs
>>
>>57590601
I need more storage and I already have an SSD
>>
File: 1479586531596.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479586531596.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
I'm sure there's a simple fix for this but it escapes me.

So i have a shitload of important bookmarks AND persistent tabs (saved in tab groups after closing) in Firefox that i'd like to migrate to a fresh Firefox install after switching to a different distro, i'll be doing a clean install so /home and all the .configs are getting wiped.

What's the most hassle free way of doing this?

>best grill unrelated
>>
>>57590441
im talking about being under ~t h e i r~ radar
>>
>>57582202
UK fag here, living in Canada. What should I expect on newegg.ca's Black Friday?

Should I give a fuck about this 48 hour sale?
>>
>>57590582
>Toshiba
Memes aside, I usually don't trust Toshiba. if its cheap, that is for a reason. Try some physical stores for Black Friday or wait for Monday and scan Newegg for good deals on a SanDisk or WD.
>>
>>57590582
Toshiba usually mixes refurbished HDDs with their HDDs, but they are still good.

Get a WD Blue(7200 EZEX) or HGST HDD.
>>
>>57590619
FEBE
>>
File: hdd.png (12KB, 849x118px) Image search: [Google]
hdd.png
12KB, 849x118px
Why is there such a big difference in price, and which should I get? Already have an SSD.
>>
>>57590788
Seagate makes way worse quality HDDs.
WD Black is a high end HDD with some placeboo stuff that actually works in the long run like anti vibration stuff.
>>
>>57590723
Literally what?
>>
>>57590788
Also just get a WD Blue.
>>
>>57590859
Literally FEBE
Look it up
>>
>>57590859
literally first result on google you dense retard
>>
>>57590857
>with some placeboo stuff that actually works in the long run
then it's not a placebo
>>
>>57590870

k I'll get this

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex
>>
Lsx or docker? Having trouble teling the difference.
>>
>>57590875
>>57590885
Apologies, I can't tell anymore if people are being genuine or if I'm getting memed on.
>>
>>57590967

1TB is jack shit. Get at least 2 or 3.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/n2JwrH/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca300

There's nothing wrong with Toshiba. I've had mine for 8 years, and I've never had a single problem. Same with Samsung, WD is overpriced shit.
>>
>>57591021
2 and 3TB are way less reliable than 1TB ones.

WD is overpriced but works good enough and is worth it.
>>
>>57591093
The 22 2tb seagate drives i've been using since 2006 sure the fuck say otherwise
>>
>>57591110
Enterprise stuff gets checked to make sure it's the best quality, not reflective of what a regular consume will get.
>>
>>57591130
Standard 7200rpm barraacuda XT bub
>>
>>57591021
>>57591093
>>57591110
>>57591130

So should I get two 1TB Blues or one 2TB Black?
>>
>>57591159
Depends, what are you going to use it for?
Storage i guess?
>>
>>57591159
Get a 2tb black
>>
>>57591169

I have 300+ games to play.

I usually leave my media on my external.
>>
I tried to download Tor Browser Bundle and my Norton 360 removed it. Should I decide not to download/use it because of this? Should I ignore Norton 360 and download it anyway? Or should I not use Tor because of some inherent deficiency in its design/function/use?
>>
i have a 2 yr old hp and last week a few keys stopped working (b,n,del, f8), now the trackpad has started to stop working randomly. what the shit is broken that's causing this?
>>
>>57591187
If you only wanna storage get a 2TB WD Blue, it will be slow because 5400RPM instead 7200.
1TB works at 7200.

WD Black if you want a really reliable HDD which is not really needed for games.
>>
What do you use to manage your network, /g/?
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 644x233px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 644x233px
Are they right?
>>
>>57591200
lmao had no idea that norton was that far up the asses of the jews
>>
I'm on Windows 7, got a GTX 760 and an i5 4670 but moving windows/scrolling on my desktop will lag when I have anything with motion happening on my second monitor (e.g. having a video playing on the second screen will make it lag, when paused it won't).

I can solve the problem by disabling aero glass but I'd rather keep it enabled. I'm running on very new Nvidia drivers (375.50) and nothing seems to be wrong with my system.
>>
>>57591244
No.
Kinda except for Intel 600p part.

True, GS or G2.

No unless you need DX12.

No idea what is he talking about/True, liquid cooling is loud as fuck.
>>
Just bought a new toy from a friend with 1080 pu and intel 6770k. However the case is cooler master silencio 550

I heard the case is bad for high-end stuff because of shitty cooling.
Am i fucked or will buying a third fan make it better?
>>
>>57591244
>lmao wtf no
>ya
>idk
>ya, win7 doesn't support dx12
>ya
>>
>>57591245
to be fair, it's just a reputation thing; people just don't register Tor with the Symantec community enough for it to have a high enough reputation score.
>>
>>57591268
Just get some noctua fans if cooling is a problem.
>>
>>57591187
Dont listen to this faggot, >>57591232
You dont want to be gaming on a fucking 5400 rpm hdd.Get the WD Black
>>
>>57591322
That is what i told him you idiot.

If he just wants storage get the 5400RPM 2TB WD Blue, if he wants to game on it get the WD Black or the 1TB version.
>>
>>57591338
>WD Black if you want a really reliable HDD which is not really needed for games.
>which is not really needed for games.
>not really needed for games.
>for games.
>games.

Reading comprehension my friend, learn it.
>>
>>57591352
Because its not, both are just as fast, the black selling point is reliability.
>>
Does anyone here know what a .kk file is?
And possibly how to read it
>>
>>57591359
a 5400rpm drive is not "just as fast" as a 7200rpm
>>
What's the cheapest thing I can get for my parents for Christmas that supports Netflix in 1080p, and has a remote/Bluetooth?
>>
>warning: scoped enums only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11

Got this from trying to use enum class in Geany. Not sure what to do.
>>
File: breh.jpg (202KB, 1080x1059px) Image search: [Google]
breh.jpg
202KB, 1080x1059px
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/v6CLwV

Any recommended changes? I won't lie, I basically copied the popular build on the front page, but changed the storage options.
>>
Is this okay?
>>
>>57591511

If you're not into overclocking then that cpu cooler and ram choice, including mobo are unnecessarily expensive.
>>
Can I throw stuff (including games) from one HD to another, change the drive letter and expect things to work properly? It's not my OS drive.
>>
>>57591511

If you're going to spend that much money, you're better off waiting for the Krabby Lakes to drop in a few months. Even if it's just for the price drops of current gen CPUs.
>>
File: 1445122261598.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
1445122261598.gif
995KB, 257x194px
Imagine a video from ..for example an old music concert. There would be a lot of moving around, panning cameras, different angles, etc. couldn't you use this information to construct a scene in 3D? Maybe even generate an approximation of what, what is not shown (ex. backsides), would look like.

Wouldn't it be cool to visit past events in VR?
>>
>>57591322
You don't game on a hard drive at all ..unless you're really low on ram.
>>
>>57591299
The case only has 3 120mm fan slots and comes with 2 800rpm fans in-built to it.

Should i just buy one additonal fan or also replace the 2 already in it?
>>
File: untitled.png (2KB, 142x53px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
2KB, 142x53px
I have a vague idea of what seeds and peers are but what do these numbers mean?
>>
File: wut.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
74KB, 300x256px
Corsair Carbide 400C

or

Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium)
>>
File: 12461626634879.jpg (104KB, 960x601px) Image search: [Google]
12461626634879.jpg
104KB, 960x601px
Planning to get a GTX 1050 TI, the single fan versions of EVGA and Zotac are at the same price on amazon, which one should i get lads?

Any experiences with these brands?

I don't give a shit about warranty because i'm not from US.
>>
>>57590455
p-please respond
>>
>>57590455
Have you tried contacting your system administrator?
>>
>>57591828
You are connected to x of (all Y).
>>
>>57592069
Both are really good brands, EVGA is supposed to be better but only 1-2% better than the MSI and Zotac versions.

Just get whatever is cheaper and has better cooling.
>>
>>57592069
>I don't give a shit about warranty because i'm not from US.

So you're not even going to bother checking warranty at all? Jesus christ that's retarded.
>>
>>57592313
How does this one look? amazon.com/dp/B01MCU1ERO

Trying to aim for a low profile one because it's for a laptop, also i remember something recent about 10xx cards from EVGA overheating or something.

>>57592350
There's no point when i can't use the manufacturer's warranty because shipping a card with priority shipping is more expensive than getting a new card, also i've never used any sort of warranty in my entire life so the DOA warranty from Amazon is enough for me.
>>
>>57592396
Yes its good enough.

That was only for 1080 and 1070 IIRC because shitty VRM cooling.
>>
Need help here /g/

I want to upgrade my system. i have a rx480 8gb nitro and an fx [email protected]. ram is 8gb @1600mhz do i grab a second rx480 and a 9590, and a new psu. or do i get an i5 6600k. i can get it all for roughly the same price.

is my cpu even worth upgrading to the 9590
>>
how long does it take for windows 7 to check for updates
>>
If the police think I've been torrenting from a site like tpb, can they call Comcast and have them produce the website history showing if/when I connected to the site?

>>57592607
should only take seconds
>>
>>57591720
But you CONSTANTLY load from hdd.
you dont want shit throughput when you're pulling gigs of new information as you progress in your game.
>>
>$50 120gb SSDs on Amazon

Did they really get that cheap, or are these questionable models? I'm not with the times. What model should I get?
>>
>>57592901
1 year ago, I spent about $150 on a Samsung 850 SSD with 500 GB of storage. That sounds in-line with what you're seeing on Amazon, if not a little better.
>>
>>57592179
But I am the system administrator
>>
What's causing the price difference in these two DVD/BD burners?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136269

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136264

The specifications are identical under that tab as far as I can tell, so even though I don't know what most of that stuff means, they should be the same, right? What's the 50$ difference due to then?
>>
>>57592901
Which SSD?

Just get a 250GB 850 EVO anon.

Cheap SSDs usually use TLC and SLC cache system which is bad.
>>
Can i connect my phone to my TV trough a MicroUSB to USB cable?
>>
Is there such thing as a linux antivirus?
>>
>>57591259
Anyone have any ideas?
>>
What is a roku stick supposed to be?
>>
>>57593573
A little multimedia device you can plug into a HDMI port, Roku's a home media system that lets you play movies/music and stream media.
>>
>>57592663
bump
>>57593562
It's aero man, sorry. W10 doesn't have this issue.
>>
>>57593435
ClamAV is the only one that comes to mind, i think it has a windows port as well.
>>
>>57593645
Thanks.
>>
My professor has a bunch of audiotapes of psychotherapy sessions that need to be transcribed. He mentioned Dragon. How good is it, and what alternatives if any do you recommend?
>>
Is this a good router?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-C7-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479619945&sr=1-3&keywords=wireless+router&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011
>>
Already posted this on fglt but it'd get more attention here

I did grub2-install after installing Windows 7 on one hard drive and Fedora 24 on the other. Now when I boot I get this

http://imgur.com/a/cFKbk

Bit of a noob question. But shouldn't there be just 2 options to boot into fedora or windows? How do I go about doing that?
>>
new thread?
>>
>>57593932
no
>>
File: Xubuntu_logo.svg.png (50KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Xubuntu_logo.svg.png
50KB, 1024x1024px
I'm trying to install Xubuntu on a multitude of laptops, and I keep getting a "Missing Operating System Error". I've tried multiple USBs, different ISOs, and I've used LiLi and UNetBootin, to no avail. Whenever I try to boot from the USB in TWO laptops, I get the "Missing Operating System" message.

I'm at my wit's end, here. What do I do?
>>
>>57593592
I think I managed to improve it slightly by running one monitor at 59hz, it definitely doesnt feel as laggy now.
>>
Say you've got a super-old laptop. And then you flashed its BIOS. And now it won't boot.

Do you have a brick? Or do you have options?
>>
Are there any alternatives to the windows command prompt that are as customizable as a linux shell? closest I've found is http://babun.github.io/ but seems like it has alot of problems
>>
File: 9117128.jpg (136KB, 363x479px) Image search: [Google]
9117128.jpg
136KB, 363x479px
Can someone link me a guide to hack wifi
Willing to learn
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.