[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, I recently bought pic related for $40 from a friend but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Hi /g/, I recently bought pic related for $40 from a friend but the system seems to be locked. The account and password are set and I have no idea what to do. It's windows 7. Is there any way around this? Can I try reinstalling a pirated copy of windows 7 through a USB?
>>
>>57579547
>the system seems to be locked.
What does that mean? Will it run POST? Does it get to the OS? Does your friend not have the username and password?
>>
You can swap in your old hard drive, or reinstall Windows 7 over the old installation.
>>
>>57579547
Give it back, jamal
>>
>>57579547
Install gentoo
>>
>>57579805
I tried swapping out the hard drive but when I booted it up I received a messaging saying there's no OS. I'm a total fucking loser at computers.
>>57579808
My friend bought it from a business that has long ago closed and he hasn't been able to get past the login screen so he gave up and sold it to me.

>>57579782
It asks for a password in the log in screen and I cant get passed it. It also says it's not currently connected to a domain so idk what that means. I just bought it cuz I figured $40 was a steal.
>>
>>57579547
pretty sweet, I got one too, jacked it from work since it was jammed in the corner of a closet.

I'd say, reinstall windows 7 or ubuntu, upgrade the cpu to either a Q9650 or an E5450 and add a lowprofile video card like a GTX 750 ti or (if you can find it) GTX 950

That's be about the best performance you'd be able to squeeze out of it.
>>
>>57579923
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT____CPR_FOR_YOUR_COMPUTER&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en
>>
>>57579923
>It also says it's not currently connected to a domain
He niggered it
>>
>>57579923
Ausfag?
He probably stole a school computer.
>>
>>57580124
no an amerifag. i'm starting to think this shit is stolen too.
>>
give it back dequan
>>
>>57579923
Install xubuntu.
If you can't figure out anything that anybody here is saying, just resell it because you'll never be able to figure it out anyways.
>>
>>57580137
In Australia the Lenovo ones that say not connected to domain are stolen business/school desktops. Typically BIOS locked as well.
>>
>>57580137

Don't worry about it. Download Ubuntu onto a thumb drive. Boot from that thumb drive and install Ubuntu over the locked Windows.
>>
>>57580162
Thanks mate I'm downloading ubuntu now and will install later tonight. Appreciate the help brotha.
>>
>>57579547
>that feelerino when i bought 10 of these from craigslist for $10 each
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.