[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scala is better than Java in every way. Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: java-vs-scala.jpg (31KB, 663x350px) Image search: [Google]
java-vs-scala.jpg
31KB, 663x350px
Scala is better than Java in every way.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>57568789
Of course I can't disprove the truth.
>>
>>57568789
Python is better than Visual Basic. Prove me wrong
>>
erlang is better than fortran.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>57568789
We should rank up the JVM languages:

Clojure >Scala > Kotlin > Groovy > Java8
>>
>>57569001
scheme > common lisp > java8 > rest
>>
>>57568884
Nonsense, fortran is superior
>>
http://jimplush.com/talk/2015/12/19/moving-a-team-from-scala-to-golang/
>>
euphoria is better than c/c++. prove me wrong
>>
>>57569147
>moving from meme to another
Why do they do this?
>>
>>57568789
POO
O
O
>>
>>57568789
even brainfuck is better than java
>>
>>57568789
It's like comparing a paki to a pajeet both are basically the same thing.
Now please do the needfull, and get back to the designated workstation.
>>
>>57568789

No it isn't..

It has some nice ideas, but also a bunch of problems. Do your own research.

Also Scala can be problemetic for companies since it's way to powerfull. I heard stories about people leaving "funky" scala legacy code behind, that you couldn't change afterwards since they used some high-level features nobody really understood. It was more efficient to just put up "here be dragons!" signs and change everything arround the specific code, since it was so hard to understand. And that's not how it should be. The goal of programmign is to produce readable and maintainable code, not this "look at my code, it's art!" attitude. Keep the Hasklel's in their ivory tower where they belong.
>>
>>57570102
>muh AbstractBeanAbstractFactoryBeanFactory
>>
Logo, Basic and literal coprolites are better than Java OP not sure what you're driving at
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>57570102
>way to powerful

What does that even mean, Vinjay?
>>
>>57568789
Scala = Java + reflection + crutches + shit
How do you expect it to perform in the real world? Of course some Twitter-like companies with billions can afford clusters with 100 servers, but for any other company it will be just way too much expensive. Moreover, with java 8 there are even few reasons to learn scala. Who the heck needs all the features of functional programming for the sake of performance, maintainability? You need to have both OOP and functional background to write good in Scala. Again, you will need to hire the best of the best - not every company can afford and find them.
>>
Scala should not be seen as a replacement for Java, but as a supplement to.
There are times where functional programming makes sense. There are times where functional programming doesn't make sense.

The benefit of Scala and F# is that they are both compiled to a common intermediary bytecode so they are directly interfaceable with Java and C# respectively.
>>
The only reason to use Scala in industry is job security.
>>
>>57568789
Way less job opportunities.
>>57569620
>>57570117
Hold your autism.
>>
>>57568789
It doesn't even have a finished compiler.
>>
>>57570102
every language has shitty "funky" legacy code. Scala can be really bad if someone is abusing implicits or misusing akka, but intellij has gotten really good with scala recently.

I've been working with scala for about 3 years now, it's been at my company for at least 6. It's bad, but for the most part, I find any legacy code that I don't understand, I can usually easily re-write.

Too be honest, I have a much harder time with shit like this >>57570117
than I do with
>Implicit class Wrapper(b:B) extends GenericWrapper [B, M[_]] {
> def something(implicit somethinger CanDoSomething[B, M[A]]): M[A] = somethinger(b)
>}
>>
>>57568789
Kicking a cripple isn't hard anon.
>>
Scala is great. I think the JVM languages are in an ideal state right now where each one holds a niche and attracts a different kind of programmer.
>>
>>57569001
what's so bad about java8
>>
>>57568789
never heard of it
>>
>>57568789
scala is great if you're trying to work at amazon, since they're about the only place you can reliably find a scala job.
>>
>>57576738
I got a job coding in scala instead of java straight out of college. You are wrong.
>>
>>57569001
This is truth.

Clojure is superb.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.