[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bias lighting a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (79KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79KB, 650x300px
Does adding bright light to the back of your monitor really help lessen eye strain in darker rooms and improve how you view blacks and greys or is it just some gimmick?
>>
I don't know about eye strain, but the effect that'd have on how you view blacks and greys seems obvious.
>>
Depends on how good that bias lighting is. If you buy a cheap strip that doesn't cover your monitor, you're not going to get much lighting so it's kinda pointless.
>>
>>57567518
Could you explain? My friend recommended I buy a bias lighting kit today to accompany any monitor I use often. I didn't know what it did until he claimed what I typed and I came here to ask for opinions. Amazon has a deal for a kit right now for $12 so I'm considering it if it does ease the work on my eyes.
>>
its looks good anon
just thinking about it

you would have an indirect diffused light source in a dark room
seems legit
>>
>>57567547
look into pwm and flux / redshift as well
>>
>>57567547

It's 12 bucks, just do it faggot
>>
>>57567567
I know flu.x changes your screen to warmer colors to ease the intensity on the eyes but it does it help improve contrast as well?

>>57567569
Pulled the trigger. It gave me another coupon and that covered shipping so I only needed to pay $11.
>>
>>57567547

Because lcds don't have perfect blacks

If you view them in a dark environment it's really obvious. Sticking a light behind the monitor will make the blacks look black, or close to it

You can always stick a lamp behind your monitor to get an idea of the effect of you are skeptical
>>
>>57567805
Thanks for the info, man. I bought a strip so I'll try it out.
>>
>>57567636
the point of flux is to prevent the monitor in fucking your brain at night
i can 100% confirm it
its not to make the picture more fancy
>>
>>57567481
>Does adding bright light to the back of your monitor really help lessen eye strain in darker rooms and improve how you view blacks and greys or is it just some gimmick?

Ever heard of the device called a "desklamp"?
Just point it at the wall behind your monitor.
Bam, cheapass DIY multi-purpose bias lighting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.