[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

issue by installing W7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 75611224565.png (87KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
75611224565.png
87KB, 638x479px
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me with this

I just bought a new pc, and since i did not want to get W10, i got an iso for w7.

After finishing building my pc (which doesnt have a dvd player btw) i formated an usb stick, and burned the iso on it, planning on booting from the usb to install windows.

Everything was going properly but at the beginning of the installation, the windows install program asked for missing cd/dvd drivers (pic related).

Of course, I've been looking around on the web, apparently its a frequent error with w7, and many people managed to solve the issue, by simply putting the usb stick in another usb port. Apparently it needs the usb 3.0 drivers, but still asks for the cd/dvd ones. Anyway, for me it did not work, i tried inserting the usb stick in every single different ports i had, it never changed a thing. I also tried to put an usb 3.0 driver on another stick and insert it when the program ask for the drivers (there is an option to browse to find the drivers) but the system doesnt notice the inserted usb stick with the drivers on it. The only 2 things it detects are the Boot (X:), which i suppose to be the virtual drive created by the bios, and my empty HDD ready to receive the OS...

I also noticed it could have been due to a problem with my ISO, so i tried another one, and i still got the same problem.

Finaly i tried many times, and with differents programs, to burn the iso on the usb, but again, i still cant get pas this step where it asks me for those cd/dvd drivers...

My specs:

>Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

>Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

>MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

>16 GB of RAM from Corsair

Please help
>>
>>57560243
lmao mine did the same shit.

What fixed it: Unplug USB key with install on it, reseat it and try again. Worked for me, makes no sense.
>>
>install a light Linux
>download drivers
>put on 2nd USB
>install when prompted
Installing fkn Linux isn't a joke you weeaboo, it's an actual fix for most things! You can just DL what you need from the live Linux USB
>>
I had the same issue, I resigned myself to buying an _INTERNAL_ DVD drive. My external DVD drive had the same issue.
>>
>>57560243
I had the same problem. I thought it was asking for the drivers my RAID controller needed, which I kept trying to give it.

It was the USB3.0 issue. Fixed it by plugging the Win7 USB drive into a 2.0 port.

If you don't have a USB2 only port(the non-blue ones) then grab a old USB2 pcie card or just slap a CD/DVD drive in that bad boy.
>>
>>57560292
tried many times, did not work tho
>>57560444
maybe i'll give it a try
>>57560625
i have many usb ports, 2 at the front, i dont really know what they are, i suppose 3.0, then i got four 3.0 at the back, one 3.1, and two (blacks) which i suppose are 2.0 (nothing is written for these 2), but again, i tried one them all, it never changed anyhing
>>
dont downgrade your computer
>>
>>57560733
what dyou mean?
>>
>>57560755
windows 10 has a much less footprint on hardware and better performance in almost all games.
+future proof.
>>
>>57560796
and there's no such issue by installing w10 from an usb stick?
>>
Had the same problem with a Gigabyte board. Got a tool off their website which can inject the necessary USB drivers into the setup files.
>>
ASUS EZ installer, literally 3 seconds in Google.
>>
>>57560889
alright, i'll look
>>
Had this same issue because my sandisk USB stick was from a batch of before 2013 which had the removable bit turned off to allow for some bitlocker thing, but this made it impossible to install windows from it. I now have the exact same USB stick from a later batch and it works, because it had this one bit turned on, which isn't writable.
>>
>>57560243
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/Win7_Smart_Tool.zip
>>
>>57560243
Think about it rationally for a second. I gave Windows 7 a try on my PC because I thought it would've been better since it's what I was used to, but I was way wrong. It's a decent OS, but it's incredibly old and there is next to no driver support for it anymore. Microsoft is going to stop supporting anything that isn't Windows 10 on Skylake CPUs and anything that's newer.

Just don't use 7. I know you might have been used to it, but its time is long gone and there is already something new to take its place.
>>
>>57561501
At least use 8.1
>>
>>57561501
You realise Windows 7 works perfectly on Kaby Lake, right?

>>57560243
You can use thecontents of W8 disk but replace the wim file with the pone from 7. You'll ge the installation screen from 8, but it will actually install W7.
>>
>>57560444
>Fell for the Solus meme
>Realised it does not have Chinese IME
>>57560710
Have you tried copying the iso onto your HDD?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.