[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everything so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: apple_quarreling_with_android.jpg (17KB, 468x301px) Image search: [Google]
apple_quarreling_with_android.jpg
17KB, 468x301px
Looking for a new phone as a long time iPhone user. Really want to get into Android.

But then, exploding batteries. China surveilling phones and prices going as high as the iPhone.
No security updates or OS updates. Some apps may or may not run depending on which phone you bought,

Meanwhile Apple keeps the high prices but removes features and locks you down with their ecosystem.

Why is it all so shitty?

Honorable mention:

And Windows phone still has no apps and is seemingly abandoned by everyone.
>>
because stupid people and their money will soon be parted
>>
>>57558727
Pixel is bretty good if you don't care about price and an sd cart, you can expect updates for it for awhile as well
>>
>>57558799

Pixel is not available in my country :(
>>
>>57558727
I upgraded from iPhone 4S to Nexus 6P. Quite happy with the result.
>>
>exploding batteries
very rare, and wasnt this only the note 7?

>China surveilling phones
wat, links?

>No security updates or OS updates
thats not true

>Some apps may or may not run depending on which phone you bought
it depends which version of android you run, but the majority of apps are backward compatible with old versions of android. I have yet to find a single app that did not work on my phone and its 3 years old now
>>
>>57558727
>exploding batteries
You can no longer obtain note 7 anyway, it's discontinued. Unless you're buying it off someone.
>Chink botnet
Mostly affects just shit tier phones. This won't affect your phone usage, it's not like people care about Google spying them anyway. You can always remove system apps or just flash a new ROM.
>high prices
Stay away from Samsung.
>locking down in their ecosystem
This also happens on Samsung phones. Anything recent will prevent you from rooting properly and comes with a shit ton of bloatware.
>no OS updates
This isn't relevant to over half Android users, they ignore updates even if they're able to update. One of first things some people do is "disable automatic updates". Although most good manufacturers keep updates going for at least 2-4 years, it's not that you get anything useful from them, you can always root your phone and install a couple of security apps or just flash a CM ROM, but I personally haven't had a security issue and I still use KitKat.

If you want to stay clear of chink brands, the best brand out there is Sony. They have excellent quality hardware and will last a decade.
>>
File: 1478137368251.jpg (62KB, 507x366px) Image search: [Google]
1478137368251.jpg
62KB, 507x366px
>>57558727
>buy cheap android phone with community
>install cyanogenmod
>install f-droid
>install open sores apps
>enjoy your botnet free experience *

*hardware botnet may be included
>>
>>57558727
>Windows phone still has no apps and is seemingly abandoned by everyone

Yes on both points, but I keep mine. I think about to change it, but iPhone are for the hype, and I dont see an Android phone with the same quality as my phone.

It's just my opinion.
>>
>>57558966
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/china-phones-software-security.html
>>
>>57559386

I love the Lumia line myself. I just cant use it because of my addiction to youtube and my banking apps.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.