[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth to sacrifice google, youtube and all other botnet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: X3qfVeK.jpg (38KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
X3qfVeK.jpg
38KB, 600x312px
is it worth to sacrifice google, youtube and all other botnet sites which are used by billions every day just to have a little more privacy? Google is without doubt the most accurate and fast search engine out there, why try to keep your data and privacy safe by using alternatives even tough it won't be long before privacy no longer exists anyway.

Who cares, honestly, how does a commercial company having your data influence your life in any way? Nobody except for google and the maybe the american goverment has access to it.

The only reason to use third party shit is if you plan to do something highly illegal like blowing people up or joining isis, for that you should use those ugly alternatives I guess, but for simple everyday searches there is no reason to sick with JewJewGo or tardpage.

Opinions?
>>
You can have it all.

Just use startpage for search. Email with your own domain. Use cyanogenmod on your phone. Ubuntu on your Laptop. And a Google account for YouTube.
>>
>>57553600
But that completely kills the simplicity of using the same service for different tasks. Why use different shit for everything if one thing has it all.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (32KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
32KB, 800x430px
This is some fucking hardcore shilling right here.
>>
>>57553600
I think the OP is asking "if we could erase Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. from existence, should we do it?". Like, all phones, consoles, and most other consumer electronics would disappear in a puff of smoke, and the web would revert to the 90s era (but keep the modern tech). Would the privacy gains be worth it?
>>
Just use umatrix to filter things you don't want running in the background on YouTube. It's like noscript but more robust
>>
>>57553761
>Would the privacy gains be worth it?

Yes, but OP didn't explain why the two are mutually exclusive.
>>
File: wireshar.jpg (25KB, 568x450px) Image search: [Google]
wireshar.jpg
25KB, 568x450px
>not praising KEK and summoning wireshark on your transatlantic cables to rid ads and NSA.

Plebs
>>
If you REALLY want privacy. you maintain a complete INNOCENT metadata profile so your security measures won't stand out.

Camouflage works in nature for good reason.
>>
>>57553562
>The only reason to use third party shit is if you plan to do something highly illegal

>Shilling this hard
>>
>>57553562

Hi shill.

Why don't you come forward about who your employer is? Are you a spook? A contractor working for spooks? Someone who grew up in a military family?

Why not tell us your background so we can respond to you in a way you'll understand?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.