[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MS "OW the" Edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: edgeeOW.png (821KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
edgeeOW.png
821KB, 1920x1036px
What does /g/ think of Microsoft's Edge browser? Ive been using it for a few minutes now and I can agree with a lot of the design choices M$ made.

So whats the conclusion?
Is it a botnet within the botnet?
Will it (eventually) crush Jewgle Chrome and cuckzilla firefox?
>>
No customization and no addons so I'm sticking with Firefox, despite Edge feeling a bit faster
>>
Can't select multiple tabs to drag them to another monitor. Pass.
>>
>>57547360
Userscripts are possible now if you get the botnet update.
ABP is available as well.
>>57547404
There are only like 8 extensions atm because literally no one is using Edge. I mean it IS the faster browser, its just being seriously over looked.
>>
Micro$hills need to die ~desu~
>>
>>57547466
despite my name I almost purely use Fedora w/ Gnome 3 and Firefox.
>>
>>57547488
>despite my name
(You)
>>
>>57547435
Let's assume for the sake of argument that you are right and it is faster.. what good is that when it handles pages poorly and it crashes because who knows why.
>>
>Can't disable javascript unless you edit group policies
>Can't highlight text and right click > Search Google for X (Or your preferred search engine)
>Doesn't play WebM even with Microsoft shills on their forums/websites proclaiming it does

On a positive note, Edge is much more fluid browsing experience especially with videos
>>
>>57547322
I got windows 10 dumped on my work computer because the it department hates me, so I thought I'd give edge a go

webpages look fine, loading times are fine, menus are pretty unintuitive, can't search in history (but you can just open internet explorer and search in the history there) and it's got the mother of all memory leaks

All in all its not suitable for everyday use, or at least almost every other browser is better
>>
File: 2016-11-16_23-45-31.png (38KB, 820x877px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-16_23-45-31.png
38KB, 820x877px
>>57548576
>>Doesn't play WebM even with Microsoft shills on their forums/websites proclaiming it does
I just opened /wsg/ in Edge in attempt to prove you wrong but it turns out you're actually right, what the fuck? How can you not have webm support?
>>
>>57548606

Worse thing man, is you post about it on Microshit forums and they tell you that Edge does support it then they try pulling you through the troubleshooting process of "fixing" your PC
>>
>>57547322
Used it for 5 seconds and already couldn't stand it. fuck off shill.
>>
>>57547322
First to be hacked every fucking time.

Also takes only one Microsoft fuck up to turn it into the new IE 6.
>>
I've used it a few times.

Seems pretty fast and lightweight. I'd switch to it but I'm completely hooked to the Jewgle ecosystem including their browser.
>>
>>57547322
>this post

maximum retard
>>
>PNG
Fucking faggot the servers are already slow we don't need this
>>
>>57547322
It's... it's fast!
>>
>>57547322
Why is there so much wasted space
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.