[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with EVGA? I look on here and everyone wonders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1447325739909.png (492KB, 657x599px) Image search: [Google]
1447325739909.png
492KB, 657x599px
What's the deal with EVGA? I look on here and everyone wonders why they even exist, but if you look online, they have pretty positive reviews.
Apparently they overheat and their cards in general are just built like shit.
Are they good or no? I'm probably getting a 1080 and those EVGA ones look awfully alluring, but I'm not sure what to think and I don't wanna waste £600
>>
I got my 1080 msi armor for like £540 or something. Why would you want evga when they fucked up so now they make the fans spin louder and have the thermal pad to prevent more house fires?
>>
>>57542405
Should I go with ASUS? They sound pretty good. I think
>>
>>57542443
Asus hardware is pretty great, their customer service is garbage tier. Better hope you never have to RMA anything.
>>
>>57543219
Friendly reminder Asus used Nvidia coolers on AMD cards, 2 gens ago.
Asus never again.
>>
>in general
Maybe try lurking for more than 2 weeks
Evga makes great nvidia cards, this year they happened to not properly cool a certain VRM and when overclocked and stressed, those components are overheating and catching fire
>>
>>57543807
So do most cross-brand GPU sellers
You think MSI has a special 480 cooler? In the past MSI's heatsink that were made for nvidia don't even cover the AMD heat spreader
>>
>>57542327
>be retard
>buy video game thing
>unbox it
>plug it into gaymen peecee
>it works
>leave 5 star review

don't trust that shit.
>>
>>57542327
>>57544120
EVGA used to be amazing. They've gone to shit in the past 3 years.

Once EVGA started offering bullshit coolers it was the end. Back when EVGA was just offering solid cards with good ASIC quality with just stock coolers because the end user was going to water cool them anyway are gone.

This recent shitshow with their coolers is proof of them being complete shit.
>>
>>57542327
I've had an EVGA 560 GTX since 2012 and an EVGA power supply and they've taken a real beating, zero failures. Probably got over 8-10k hours of gaming out of it so far.

Sometimes I wonder if people calling shit products shit on here is a similar problem to 'click problems' reported on popular gaming mice - when it's actually fat fucks slapping their mice in tard rages and misusing their gear. You'll find people who report these problems report them fairly often, more so than people who don't, going through new mice every 1-2 years, mine last 5-6 years on average. Am I lucky or am I just not a fat cunt with sausage fingers and a tard rage?

Look after your shit and it'll last, so long as it didn't arrive damaged.
>>
>>57544405
EVGAs 1070s and 1080s are the problem this year due to inadequate cooling this year, which you would've know if you read.
Outside of that EVGA usually makes reliable cheap crap
>>
Go with ASUS or MSI, everyone else and you are taking a gamble.
>>
>>57542327
The past generations of EVGAs have been pretty good, but I hear their build quality is going down. I wouldn't buy any of their 1000 series personally even though I have had an EVGA 560ti, 670, and 980ti.

Regardless of their build quality, their customer support is still superb.
>>
EVGA is total garbage now.

They used to be okay and had great customer service but they're cheaping out hard.

Buy from any other brand.
>>
>>57543219
I had a good experience with them. Google wouldn't handle my nexus 7, so I had to do Asus rma. Had it back really quickly.
>>
>>57544599
>Not Zotac or PNY
shiggy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.