[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trans-human age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: quaned.png (233KB, 381x431px) Image search: [Google]
quaned.png
233KB, 381x431px
red pill me on robotics and augmentation.
how close are we to deus ex? and sexbots?

...do we have the technology?
>>
>>57536847
>red pill
>>>/pol/
>>
>>57536859
not politics
>>
>>57536847
>how close are we to deus ex? and sexbots?
10-15 years until sex bots. 25-30 years until sexbots become even remotely similar to humans and 35-40 years until brothels are mainly made up of robots.

I don't know what deus ex means, is that some hipster reference to some meme artsy movie?
>>
>>57536886
its a game mate
>>
>>57536886
Ist a game from the late 90s. Was pretty revolutionary for ist time, with good 3D Graphics and Shooting Action combined with RPG elements.
>>
>>57536918
>>57536922
Thanks for the explanation. What's the plot, since OP asked how close we are to it?
>>
>>57536847
>> augmentation
Pretty far. Prosthetics are still worse than real limbs. They can't bear as much weight as regular limbs, because it's hard to strap big hard metal limbs to flesh and it's hard to bolt things to bone. Bolt things to bone does better, but because metal is so much stiffer than bone you get stress concentrations that make it prone to ripping out if overloaded

In addition, such implants have to be treated carefully because one has a fucking metal bolt going through one's skin. This can get infected.

Now we don't have a good way to control prosthetic limbs. Neural interfaces for electrical<----> suck, they tend to kill nerve cells and degrade.

All of this will take a while to fix. It takes a long time to run medical trials.

Second our actuators suck. They have lower torque to weight ratios than their biological counterparts. Inb4 artificial muscle will fix it.

Power is also something of an issue. Blood glucose ----> electricity can be done, except it's still not great and will require long clinical trials. Barring that we must resort to batteries. So we have to find a way to stash batteries AND our actuators into something that looks like a limb

We are way off from limb parity
>>
>>57536847
Who is that semen demon?
>>
File: deusex-top.jpg (24KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
deusex-top.jpg
24KB, 400x340px
>>57536941
I'm the guy who explained it, but desu I've never played it. I just know some Facts about it for some reason. It seems though, that in the game humanity is Close to simulating real human intelligence in Computers. Naturally These Rebell, and since it's the 90s we gotta have a cyberpunk haxor dude who shotts enough bullets until ist destroyed...

I really should Play it now, but I am terrible an RPGs and I disliked System Shock for ist RPG elements, as plasphamous as that sounds.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.