[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES MINI SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 32

File: CxOGg79UkAQQ99h.jpg orig.jpg (48KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
CxOGg79UkAQQ99h.jpg orig.jpg
48KB, 640x638px
>Emulation of the entire NES library has been freely available for years
>People will still pay online scalpers 15 times inflated prices for the Mini NES that is limited to 30 games
>Proof that people don't care about free software
>>
>>57535398
Because 'muh nostalgia's' pussy points with '90s kid for lyfe' faggots
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>reading a disgusting tranny manchild's blog
>>
>>57535398
>she
>>
what games are on this thing?

It's a nice concept. I've had every NES rom on every computer I've had since the Nesticle days in the 90's

this would be a great gift to a "normie" and surely is quicker and easier to pull up games assuming it has good ones

and out of the massive NES library there's honestly maybe 100 good games, only about 40 great games
>>
>>57535398

Get back to >>>/v/
>>
>NES library is freely available

is the pic related a piece of hardware? It looks like hardware to me OP. You're stupid
>>
>>57535398
Shhh we don't want the emulators to get attention. They can be our secret.
>>
File: bobbeh.jpg (10KB, 255x287px) Image search: [Google]
bobbeh.jpg
10KB, 255x287px
>>57535398
> set up raspberrypi with retropi
> get bored in 5 minutes with unlimited games
> dresser drawer 4lyfe
>>
File: CxOGg8KVQAQb-0Q.jpg orig.jpg (60KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
CxOGg8KVQAQb-0Q.jpg orig.jpg
60KB, 640x587px
>>57535520

The 30 best games ever released on the system.
>>
also, the bitch is saying "it can't use Game Genie"

not everybody is a cheating trans faggot. What he/she doesn't understand is this device is a stocking stuffer for 40 year old men who used to play NES when they were kids

not "hardcore gayming" for literal transgendered faggots... who want to put in Game Genie codes and play Naked Mario ROM hacks so they can finger their inverted penises while walking into turtles and still beat the game
>>
File: CxOGg8jUkAAa-iU.jpg orig.jpg (83KB, 640x763px) Image search: [Google]
CxOGg8jUkAAa-iU.jpg orig.jpg
83KB, 640x763px
>>57535555

I don't. I found a link to him getting BTFO.
>>
>>57535561
Fuck off, cunt.
>>
File: CxOGg9CUUAErlOH.jpg orig.jpg (73KB, 640x770px) Image search: [Google]
CxOGg9CUUAErlOH.jpg orig.jpg
73KB, 640x770px
>>57535565

EXACTLY!!!
>>
>>57535570
Well shit, how am I supposed to justify my sperging?
>>
File: 012 - 3XnnaTE.png (83KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
012 - 3XnnaTE.png
83KB, 235x235px
>>57535565
nigga what
>>
>>57535577
>I'm an engineer and game developer

Wow, that person doesn't want to listen to any other opinions. Nothing surprising here
>>
>>57535398
This thing is basically the "Cheese and Sausage Gift Set" of video games.
The kind of gift you give people when you can't think of a real present.
Anyone you gift it to has probably already played every single game on it, but they'll still enjoy it if you give them one.

As opposed to giving someone a AAA $60 game, they probably already have it.
>>
>>57535597
>That person
He can't even listen to his own gender.
>>
I want to buy one tbqh
>>
>>57535597

He (John Walker Flynt) is an asshole
>>
>>57535604

I have every NES, Turbo Grafx, Genesis, SNES game on my computer and have for quite some time

I would be super stoked to get one of these for christmas if the controller was legit and didn't have input lag. I'm feeling warm inside imagining middle aged me and my brother playing SMB 3 on the TV this Christmas Eve getting into drunk fistfights over the mushroom houses/bonus games
>>
>>57535398
I have one in home, i just felt like it because i want to show my appreciation after decades of emulating those games in my pc lol, also i never play nes games with its original controller ( all this time use keyboard or xbox ctrlr) so im curious.
>>
>>57535398
>Cords so short it's unplayable
>Get the real thing on eBay
what, so you can have the Authenticâ„¢ really fucking short cords instead?
>>
>>57535654
>if the controller was legit

It's 100% like the original controller.
>>
No Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

into the trash
>>
>>57535509
Where did you quote that from?
>>
Got one, currently working on emulating 3rd party ROMs so I can charge more than 30 games on it.
>>
>>57535667

It's 100 times more expensive to buy the original with all the games and cables required.

It costs about $5 to buy cable extentions because the cables are the same as Wii cables.
>>
>>57535715

Should be possible to solder in an SD card reader. Tried that yet?

It's running Linux so it should be doable.
>>
>>57535722
You could just download a "ALL 761 NES GAMES TORRENT" and it would even come with an emulator ready to use.

The most it would take up is 50mb.
>>
>>57535738
It will, I just need a couple of things ready.
Already got all the NES games, even a 2gb memory can hold all the collection.
>>
https://youtu.be/aGDt59Ejsc4
>>
>>57535757
Just checked, you don’t even need to use an external SD.

Expect my homebrew before christmas.
>>
>>57535747

what you guys hating on this device don't understand:

you need a computer to play those free roms

I'm not gonna give my dad a dvd for christmas "here's 10,000 NES ROMS including Ku Klux Klan Mario and Russian Bootleg 8 bit Mortal Kombat. Just put this onto your computer. When it pops up, go to C:\Program Files\ and create a new folder called NES. Install the executeble here, it's called FCEUX. Next, create a folder called ROMS in that NES folder and drag all the ROM files into it. Now go back to the NES folder and right click FCEUX, create a shortcut. Drag that shortcut onto your desktop next to your Internet Explorer and Norton Antivirus icons. Double click that shortcut. Now go to settings and configure your input. Oh, you don't have an xbox controller or a ps4 controller because you're my dad? Okay, you can just use the keyboard, that will work great. After you configure your input just go to "load rom" and scroll down to find Super Mario Bros and open it. Merry Christmas"
>>
>>57535801
Why are you gifting your dad video games?
He can afford his own if he still enjoys them.

Buy him something else.
Better yet, don't buy him anything. Christmas as a holiday where gifts are not only expected, but required of you is fucking shameful.
>>
>>57535816
my dad is actually dead I'm trying to explain to youngsters on /g/ why this is actually a great product even though you guys don't need it/want it

Christmas is about giving, this is quite obviously a christmas present for middle aged men who played NES

I'm a middle aged man who played NES and I don't know any "normie" my age who wouldn't love this thing

and yes I have the emulators and roms already
>>
>>57535847
So not only are you being insincere in your arguments, you can't even come up with a realistic situation in which gifting someone a $60 toy NES that can play games that have been available for free for almost 30 years is a great idea?

Just fuck off.
>>
>>57535861

What about the hardware? You guys keep bringing up "but i know how to download the ROMS for free"

download onto what?

a fucking computer. Yes, everyone has a computer including normies, but not everyone has an XBOX controller to plug into it.

And not everyone is computer savvy enough to use an emulator without it being a headache for them.

My sister for instance hated SNES because there were "too many buttons".

I, for instance, hate new video games but i fucking love classic NES, SNES, Genesis games because it's what I played as a kid.

I actually bought a PS4 controller just so I could use it to play classic games on my emulator.

You fuck off, you're too stupid to realize how great of a product/gift this thing is and you're too autistic to realize that the reason they are all sold out is not because "everybody else is wrong"
>>
>>57535887
No, it's because Nintendo fans are retarded sheep of Applefag proportions, who will buy literally anything that Nintendo shit out and claim it's the best thing ever.
>>
>>57535887
You're not presenting any valid arguments.
All you're doing is reinforcing the belief that it's OK to be a computer illiterate in 2016.

Also
>normies
My mistake! I didn't realize I was talking to a fucking virgin robot.
>>
>>57535898
Not even nintendo fans bought the wii u.
It's completely dead in the water, and it really hurts because it means there won't be an animal crossing HD for at least 4 more years.
>>
File: download.jpg (348KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
348KB, 1280x960px
>>57535398

why would anyone buy this?

you could get a raspberry pi and put with every nes game on it. i feel sorry technologically inept people. That's the only only who buy shit like that
>>
>>57535920
Because it's cute and comes with a controller already.
I would never buy it tho, it doesn't come with my favorite NES game, Warios Woods.
>>
>>57535920

sorry for technologically inept people*
>>
>>57535898

You're a fag. Any real "nintendofag" already has an NES obviously. I don't think you were alive in the NES heyday so I can't expect you to understand how big it was and who is buying these things. I don't even know what the current NES system is, haven't played a Nintendo system since the Gamecube (into the trash Sunshine isn't Mario) and the last console I owned was a PS2 and I rationalized that purchase because it was a DVD player.

I'm no fanboy of any video game company but 90 percent of the people in my generation owned a NES or their friend did. Yeah, we're "retarded sheeple" because we quit playing Legend of Zelda and threw out the dusty NES. Nothing wrong with spending 60 dollars to relive great memories you bitter little asshole
>>
>>57535398
It's good for kids.
That's why people are buying it.

>bbbut emulation, someshit with a desktop UI or some bullshit retroarch shit, etc, etc
My 3y/o niece will fuck that shit quicktime then be crying about how the game isn't working, like every fucking 5 minutes.
Fuck that.

>buy a real NES
Expensive as fuck, unreliable (no top loading NES here in Aus), old carts, old controllers.

NES classic makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Personally though, for my own gameplay, I'll just use emulators - even though I've purchased a NES classic.
>>
>>57535456
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>57535565
Are you retarded or just acting?
>>
>>57535920
Being pretty poor and stingy isn't the same as being adept at the thing you're avoiding.

It's pretty obvious people want it to experience a bit of what it's like to *own* an NES in a modern context. Pretty cute product.
>>
>>57535654
>I would be super stoked to get one of these for christmas if the controller was legit and didn't have input lag

I can just laugh at those who cannot play with a fucking keyboard. No input lag at all, and it's not that complicated too. I played KH2 on PCSX2 with the keyboard, after all. In Critical Mode.

Really, it's not that hard to use a keyboard.
>>
>>57535902

computer illiterate > completely oblivious

and I'm not computer illiterate. Back when I was a kid only rich families (like mine admittedly) owned computers. Lots of the "computer illiterate" people you talk about simply grew up in a different time. We didn't get free laptops in high school.

Also, quit acting like you're smart because you can use a computer they are literally easy to use

I am not a virgin robot I'm a married man with 2 kids and a full time job. I work with a lot of "computer illiterate" people who are way more successful than 90 percent of this board will ever be, even if you do use Linux with a graphical user interface and know how to use google to solve computer problems

dweeb
>>
>>57535801
>here, dad, have all the games on the NES/SNES/PS1/PS2 you ever wanted to play
>what, you are not willing to put a little (and it is a little) effort setting everything up?
>OK, then don't. Not my problem.

People are fucking retards.
>>
>>57535951

Playing NES with a keyboard is way worse than using a controller. Maybe for young kids, but if you grew up playing NES on a controller you developed skills and muscle memory with it and they don't translate to the keyboard at all
>>
>>57535982
>Playing NES with a keyboard is way worse than using a controller.

I speedrun Rockman 2 with a keyboard. You are full of shit, and provably full of shit.
>>
>>57535558
iktfb
>>
ITT still: people comparing a piece of hardware to computer files
>>
>>57535993

>Rockman 2

you were glistening at the tip of your dad's dick when I beat

MEGAMAN

you stupid underage kid

also, that's literally the easiest Megaman game
>>
File: EverDRive_N8_NES_Shell_Gray.png (587KB, 941x941px) Image search: [Google]
EverDRive_N8_NES_Shell_Gray.png
587KB, 941x941px
Why not use one of these ?
>>
File: what?.jpg (32KB, 310x280px) Image search: [Google]
what?.jpg
32KB, 310x280px
>>57535956
>waaaaah computers are hard!
>you don't get it anon, computers are hard to learn!!!
>not everyone can afford a computer!!!!!
>c-computer illiterates are smarter than you!!!!!!!!

wow sorry for raising your blood pressure, D A D
sorry you never grew up to be anything more than a working stiff, i guess
>>
>>57535936
I don't think that anon was advocating it. They're completely right, its because millennials want p00si points by buying nostalgia that they never experienced anyways.
>>
>>57535996
OK, I meant to not to go into details, but since I am dealing with a retard here - I speedrun a hack of Rockman (!) 2: "Rockman: No Constancy". Try to speedrun that one and tell me it's easy. In hard mode, that is.

Also, underage? Hehehe. Retard.
>>
PS4 controller - 40 dollars
HDMI cable - 7 dollars
refurbished laptop with hdmi out - 100 dollars

LOOK FOR 147 DOLLARS I CAN PALY EVERY NES GAME ON TV LOL IM SMARTER THAN NINTENDO FAGS AMIRITE
>>
>>57536020
While it's true that you save money, if you actually think that this makes you smarter than anyone else you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>57536015
>calling Megaman Rockman
>pretending he was alive when NES was king
>>
>>57536020
Why are you trying to viral market a toy game console that isn't even available for purchase anymore?
>>
>>57536031
Actually I own the Japanese version. Why do I own it? Oh, yes, that's right - because you need the Japanese version to play this ROM hack.

And now commit sudoku.
>>
>>57536003

Because that would require effort and an IQ of greater than two digits.
>>
>>57535604
>This thing is basically the "Cheese and Sausage Gift Set" of video games.

Except it's not, this is as of right now THE Christmas item of the year.

I know people who know how to use emulators and have played in emulators and they want a NES classic. Personally I'm taking a third of that money and buying a BT gamepad to play the same games on my laptop or smartphone if I want to.
>>
>>57536047

color me impressed somebody downloaded a Rockman ROM

you don't "own" shit you dumbass you already said you beat it on a keyboard so I know you literally downloaded the rom and plugged it it into your fuckin emulator

and I know you never owned an NES you probably watched a youtube documentary about it

>>57536033
I'm not, I'm just trying to drive it through /g/'s thick skull that a standalone 60 dollar toy that plays 30 NES games on your TV is actually not a bad thing

EVEN THOUGH you can download the games for free

yes, /g/, you have emulators and ROMS you're so so so much smarter than everybody who bought one of these 60 dollar toys
>>
>>57536261
>color me impressed somebody downloaded a Rockman ROM
>is not aware of copier devices that dump the ROM for you

You have already proven you are a retard, now kys. You don't deserve to waste those oxygen molecules.
>>
>>57536247
>this is as of right now THE Christmas item of the year.
>>57536261
>a standalone 60 dollar toy that plays 30 NES games on your TV is actually not a bad thing

pls stop viral marketing nintendo, i already bought a nintendo 3ds and a game, you're not gonna get more money out of me
>>
>>57536003
>Made in Ukraine
>>
>>57535558
Just delete all but 5 games.

Choices are a bitch.
>>
>>57535558
this is why i stopped pirating games
you never play any of them if you have a folder filled with the entire catalog of games for that system.

it's even happened to me in real life, i have close to 200 backlogged physical games and I don't play any of them, many are still unopened.
>>
>>57536283
>having a 3DS

The last Nintendo Console I owned was a second hand Gamecube, and it was intothetrash after I got bored with Soul Caliber

I am a fan of Nintendo but to me they are the company that made Super Mario Bros 3

I might be arguing passionately in this thread but believe you me I don't really give a fuck about video games. I'm a grown up. I do feel the need to defend this product because /g/ doesn't understand it's not made for people like them

It's a toy for middle aged men and women and that's who is excited about it. I am a middle aged man, I run linux, I have emulators (and have since the 90's Nesticle and Genecyst when they ran on DOS)

this is a great product for 60 bucks, it's not surprising at all to me that it is sold out everywhere. I GET IT. I'm the demographic

Some of the same assholes shitting on this product have 60 dollar mousepads

get real
>>
>>57536325
>i hate video games
>i'm totally passionate about a toy VIDEO GAME CONSOLE

Get your priorities in order.
You sound like the kind of person who has to ask their wife for spending money so they can buy themselves nice things.
>>
gamers are stupid what did you expect
>>
>>57536335
>wife
You mean mother.
>>
>>57535509
Who are you quoting
>>
>>57536335

Except I never said I hate video games I said I don't give a fuck about them. I am not passionate about the toy, I am passionately arguing with people who are trying to call it a bad product because they downloaded all the NES Roms for free

for the 50th time this thread, the ROMS are free but the computer isn't

this thing cost 60 dollars that's what you're paying for is the controller and the hardware man. Great product, stay mad about it

if you want to hate on 60 dollar toys go talk to your Transgendered Friends on Twitter you millenial scumbags. You aren't experts on everything, you don't understand Nintendomania you never will you weren't alive you weren't there you don't share those memories it's not yours fuck off
>>
>>57535398
>not getting a pi3 with a lakka image and hooking it up to a raytube with rgb/sync so you can enjoy all kinds of systems in glorious 240p scanlines

You guys don't know shit.
>>
File: 1477424225874.png (426KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477424225874.png
426KB, 635x640px
>>57536367
>millenial scumbags
>>
>>57536367
>you don't understand Nintendomania you never will you weren't alive you weren't there you don't share those memories it's not yours fuck off

Wow dude, get a fucking life, they're just video games.
>>
Emulation requires ROMs, which are illegal to download. Proof that you're a mouth-breathing fucktard.
>>
>>57536343
>>57536335

how do I sound like I need to ask wife or mom to buy me shit? I'm not the one crying about 60 dollar video game toy

60 dollars is nothing, I don't have to ask for toys like you kids. I'm a fucking white male in the USA with a full time job.

You guys are the panhandling poor ass dipshits.

You know what? if this thing wasn't sold out I would buy one just to spite you, even though I have had all the ROMS since before you knew how to talk
>>
>>57536408
>illegal to download
Because of inane laws that prohibit sharing information with your neighbor.
>>
>>57536414
>I'm not the one crying about 60 dollar video game toy
I neither. I laugh about those actually retarded enough to buy for this with money, and it does not matter how much money it is.
>>
>>57536283
I highly doubt Nintendo would be shilling anything anywhere. When you sell a million units within days of launch near Christmas time, that pretty much guarantees that it is THE Christmas toy of the year.
>>
>>57536427
meant to write "pay for this with money"
>>
>>57536408
It's illegal but nobody gives a fuck.
Except stupid hippies like you.
>>
>>57536325
>Nesticle
Yeah I did the same, my school had a ISDN line and when I gave up trying to play late 90s games on a early 90s machine I learned that I could emulate NES and SNES with no problems and expand my library of games that could be played without sucking balls... ahh good times.

Still don't understand the gore value of having blood dripping from the cursor but whatever.
>>
>>57536427

yeah because there is a better way to do it

you know, the 100 dollar used laptop, 40 dollar controller, 7 dollar hdmi cable way

147 < 60

what a bunch of sheeple right
>>
>>57536448
Where I live it's not illegal. You just have to prove that you have the original game.
>>
>>57536414
Hmmm

great post
you like that?
I gave you that (You) you wanted.
>>
>>57536467
>what a bunch of sheeple right

You forgot to mention the TV.
>inb4 everyone has a TV

Retard.
>>
>>57536467

$20 raspberry pi. $12 controller from ebay, $7 hdmi cable.
>>
>>57536490
$10 Orange Pi, $5 controller from Aliexpress, hdmi cable that came with your TV.
>>
>>57536490
I think I get it now.
/g/ loves their used shitpads because they're dirt fucking poor and live on $400/mo autismbucks from the government.

This is why you people are so opposed to a cute mini NES with built-in games.
Because you literally cannot afford it.
>>
>>57536484

>TV

sorry, the 60 dollar NES Mini does not include the TV so I didn't include that. It does include the computer, controller and hdmi out

Retard
>>
>>57536511
t. consumecuck
>>
>>57536511

Calm down kiddo. just saying you can make a little rasberry pi based thing that does the same for about that much. Why are you projecting so hard?
>>
>>57536515
OK, go ahead and play with that computer, without TV or screen. Just the computer and the controller. I am sure you'll have so much fun.

Retard.
>>
>>57536521
>>57536536

>I spent slightly less money than you and got an inferior experience, i'm so much better than you!!!!
>>
File: expensive_shit.png (38KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
expensive_shit.png
38KB, 578x712px
>>57536511
>>
>>57536537

So now the Nintendo Mini sucks because it doesn't come with a TV?

reaching really hard
>>
>>57536543

>Continues projecting.
>>
>>57536551
>strawmaning this hard
I never said it sucks. I merely pointed out that you forgot to include the TV in that retarded calculation of yours.

And just like a retard would do it you defend your retarded calculation.
>>
>>57536548
>i can't afford $60
you're right, buying that anime figure and striped pantsu is so much better

you're really good at budgeting your paltry $400 monthly handout from the federal government
>>
>>57535398
Holy fuck I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Brianna Wu.

What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>57536551
A refurbished laptop has a screen and built-in ups. You can get it for 50 bukks.
Add 10 dollars for controller and voila - you have an emulating station.
>>
>>57536537
Literally, any laptop with a sound card and 100mhz and at least 4mb of RAM can play NES SNES Gameboy library of ROMS. This entire thread is retarded.

Anyone who wants to play Nintendo games from NES to N64 can do so on the computer they already own with no additional costs. If you want a controller, a corded gamepad can be found cheaply.

This product is not for any of us. It's for people with no technical capacity, the people who buy it will have a hard enough time trying to figure out what aspect ratio to choose when the device first starts, IF they can figure out where to plug in that HDMI port in the back AND then troubleshoot why is it not working, oh that's right it needs USB power, which I don't know if it is included with a plug in in case they don't have the port on their TV. And even with all that they can't figure out how to change the input on the TV to HDMI1 they will have to cal their son because "he knows how to do these things".
>>
>>57536579
Now the retard is just projecting hard.
>>
>>57536587
a tranny showed common sense.
>>
>>57536543
>emulating device is inferior experience to another emulating device

wtf
>>
>>57536572
>you didn't include the TV

okay, TV price = X

(60+X) < (147+X)

go to school
>>
>>57536591
>the people who buy it will have a hard enough time trying to figure out what aspect ratio to choose when the device first starts

8:7? 256:224 was the original resolution.
>>
>i can't afford $60

/g/ really shows their true colors
I'm surprised nobody has revealed their sour grapes by claiming that "video games are for children" or something.
Because it works really well for linux zealots.
>>
>>57536612
My laptop already has a screen. I don't require a TV. But I require a TV for this 60$ computer.

Good, I am laughing so hard at you, you poor, retarded, sad man.
>>
File: nesclassic.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nesclassic.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>57536615
what the hell are you talking about? I was reffering to this picture
>>
>>57536588
>laptop screen

let's be real playing Nintendo games on a tiny laptop screen is not comparable to playing them on the TV in the family room on Christmas day. That's not what the Nintendo experience is

that being said, as I've stated numerous times in this thread, I do have emulators and enjoy playing games on them. Have since the 90's

I have every NES, SNES, Master System/Game Gear, Turbo Grafx, GB, GBA rom on the computer I'm typing on right now

and I can still admit that the NES Mini is a great product
>>
>>57536631
Never mind, I thought way too complicated
>>
>>57536626

dipshit I have the emulators already I had them in the 90's read the thread
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpe.jpg (80KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpe.jpg
80KB, 600x491px
>>57535801
or you can get a real nes along with a nes flash cart with all the roms on it

there, original hardware, every game, still plug and play

the only difference is that the nes mini is properly legitimate, whereas emulators and flash carts are only legit if you own the original carts and dumped them yourself
>>
>>57536659
And now he doesn't even make sense anymore.

A sad, old man.
>>
>>57536668

how hard is it to understand that Generation X's little sister who is 35 year old mother doesn't want to play Final Fantasy 1 in japanese?

this is a 60 dollar stocking stuffer for old people who want to relive a little childhood magic with their families over the holiday and then get bored with it after a few days
>>
>>57536689
there's quite a bit more than 30 english titles for the NES
>>
>>57536671
You are literally a fucking idiot.
>>
>>57536707
If people cared, it wouldnºt have sold out everywhere and going for five times the cost on ebay.
>>
>>57535398

>Nintendo continues its low stock manipulation strategy to make its products look more in demand than they really are so they can keep their perceived product value high and never put their shit on sale

They've been doing this for over 15 years, how you idiots keep getting fooled is beyond me.
>>
>>57536643
>>57536689
These. My sister asked me to get one for her, and she hasn't touched a game since she was a kid.

I want to pick up one of the controllers.
>>
>>57536714
You are literally a sad old man who has lost the ability to think, write, and control your rectum.

All there is left for you is to kys and give way for more successful people.
>>
>>57536671

You're stupid if you think playing NES on a laptop screen is the same experience as playing it on a TV with a NES controller

You are arguing with somebody who actually has all the emulators and has had all the emulators since the 1990's when you were a baby. All your "but the emulators and ROMS are free I have them on my laptop" doesn't faze me, I literally have the same shit as you, you can't lord over me and pretend you're "in the know" here

I also was a kid who got a NES for Christmas in the 80's and I guarantee you, you'll have to take my word for it, it is SO MUCH BETTER to play on the floor in front of the TV screen than on a fucking laptop of all places

as I've stated, this product isn't for most of /g/, it's for your parents, uncles and aunts

it is not a serious gaming console for hardcore /g/amers like yourself. Now get to sleep, you want to be well rested for high school tomorrow.
>>
>>57536726
How do you intend on finding one? What is the logic right now to get one? I sure as hell am not going to go to walmart and wait around and amazon sells out within minutes won't let you pre order.
>>
>>57536707
I know but there aren't many more than 30 good games

I think they could have put 100 games on it and it would be better. To have every game would make it cumbersome, people would spend so much time loading total shit to try it out
>>
>>57536743
I'm betting that Nintendo is holding back supply to drive up demand, and they're gonna flood stores with them right before black Friday.

If everything works out, I can walk to the Nintendo Store after work and pick one up.
>>
>>57535801
>you need a computer to play those free roms

A literal $15 last gen raspberry pi can play NES games flawlessly. It even has a emulation operating system available, boots right to a console selection menu, no "computer" part necessary.

It even has USB and HDMI so it's straight to your TV even!
>>
>>57536723

It's not true. This thing is selling more than the WiiU in it's lifetime.
>>
>>57536741
You didn't make a single valid argument.
Your entire post was
>MUH NOSTALGIUUUUUUUUUUH

Kindly refrain from replying to me again.
>>
>>57536511
>Benefits of Rpi
More games, any type of USB controller even wireless, more than NES anything upto ps1.
>Benefits of NES mini
It looks cute.
>>
>>57536766
the nes mini would make a good rpi case
>>
>>57536736

You don't strike me as being a successful person at all. You cry about a 60 dollar toy because your PC (that your parents bought you) can do the same thing better
>>
>>57536758
jesus christ I hope youre right and they do flood it. gf wants one and i figured it would just have to wait til after Christmas, I assume they will continue to be sold out until then.
>>
i dont get it either OP. also nes<snes.
>>
>>57536766
>it looks cute
It's also a complete solution and it make a better christmas present.

If you tried to gift someone your hackjob retropie emulator pi, not only will they not touch it, it'll probably get you frisked by TSA or the postal service because it'll look like a bomb
>>
>>57536778
I do not like to repeat myself. Sad, old, can't think, can't write, can't control his rectum.

End of story.
>>
>>57536764

I'm going to ASSUME your TV is bigger than 15 inches, please don't be mad I know your generation hates assumptions, but let's pretend that's true (i think it might be) if that's the case

>You're stupid if you think playing NES on a laptop screen is the same experience as playing it on a TV with a NES controller

then my first sentence is a pretty valid argument
>>
>>57536806
shouldnt you be asleep? theres school tomorrow little man.
>>
>>57536795
>If you tried to gift someone your hackjob retropie emulator pi
Make a good looking shit then, this is you problem.
>>
>>57536806

stupid, poor, no future prospects. fat, ugly, virgin there you go
>>
>>57536785
I'm more worried about shipping the damn thing all the way to Jamaica.

>>57536795
/g/ has entirely too many autists that go "I don't see why people like [holistic easy-to-use case] when they can have [more complicated inelegant case] instead!"

And this is coming from a guy who's been using emulators for 15 years.
>>
>>57536807
What difference does the screen make?
If you actually enjoyed the games you were playing, you would ignore the physical medium you're using to LOOK AT THE GAME.
>>
>>57536807
I did play my NES on 4Inch black and white travel TV.
anything that is above that is not REAL experience.
>>
>>57536811
They are going to take your measurements tomorrow.

You know, for the coffin.

>>57536817
4 programming languages (x64 assembly among them), 60 Kilograms, gotten laid plenty of times.

You, on the other hand, are sad, and old, and you are just waiting for death. I find that funny.
>>
>>57536827
>shipping the damn thing all the way to Jamaica.

as someone who has problems with customs employees running scams in Europe on the receiving party. I really really feel sorry for you and the situation youre going to be facing if you manage to find one.
>>
>>57536806
kys faggot
>>
>>57536843

60kg? well it's decided anon is a Japanese schoolgirl
>>
>>57535936
Hit too close to home?
>>
>>57536858
No. Instead I will laugh at your post for two minutes straight.
>>
>>57536833

I do enjoy the games, and I do have the emulators and every rom on every computer I own (4 right now) just in case

The NES experience is sitting in the same room as the people you're playing with laughing at them when they fall in holes and die.

I can't picture my family and friends gathered around the laptop on Christmas Day playing Mario 3
>>
>>57535398
Because the product isn't designed for hardcore gamers that own the originals or are into games enough to know how to emulate easily.
It's designed for normies who vaguely remember the originals or played a couple of virtual console games on the Wii.
The only people who are into these games enough to have played them all already are collectorfags.
Nintendo is making money thats what they want to do. Not everything is designed for you for fucks sake.
>>
>>57536866
sounds like a waste of time
>>
>>57536843
>kilograms

no wonder he's mad about the 60 dollar toy, he's poor
>>
>>57536864
No, I am just no fat burger-swallowing American.

It's easy to keep this weight when you don't waste your money on every occasion to consume food.
>>
>>57536872
you're autistic as fuck and i regret staying up this long giving you (yous)

eat shit
>>
>>57536874
Maybe, but humiliating others is fun.
>>
>>57535398
>Sold out everywhere
No it's not, we have lots of them in my local electronics store.
>>
>>57536887
Okay, I'm autistic then. Hope mom and dad buy you a new graphics card on Christmas day, maybe you'll wake up before noon and come out of the basement to begrudgingly receive your gift before retreating back to your mildewy, pathetic neckbeard existence
>>
File: wew lad4.png (328KB, 672x706px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad4.png
328KB, 672x706px
>>57536903
>>
>>57536872
>connect wireless controllers to laptop
>connect laptop to TV
>nobody fucking cares what is playing the games

You my friend, are a moron.
>>
>>57536884
>>57536858
>>57536843

this is who you are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

get help
>>
it'd probably cost less to pick up a second hand wii and buy the games on a the virtual console
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>57536914
Nice projecting friendo :^) heres your (You) for the day
>>
>>57536914
>the salt
>the self-projection
>>
>>57536912
>nobody fucking cares what is playing the games

maybe nobody your age, don't worry you're not the target audience.

also, point me to wireless controllers that wouldn't suck ass for emulating NES games on computer please
>>
File: nes.png (251KB, 799x906px) Image search: [Google]
nes.png
251KB, 799x906px
For you losers hoping to get an NES mini by black friday, you're fucked.

New shipments won't come in till next year.
>>
I'm so fucking mad

>>57535398

> Missing the best games
Fucking what? Are you trying to be a hipster faggot? It has all NES Marios, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man.... what "best games" is it missing? What NES game is definitively better than SMB3?
> Can't use Game Genie
Fucking WHAT? You're going to complain because the built-in cheats don't make it easy enough for you? You're marking it down because you can't use a special snowflake device to hack into the game?

>>57535561
>>57535577

> Asks a question
> It gets answered
> Basically responds with the most arrogant version of "I knew that" I've ever seen

I'm fuckass mad, who the fuck is this bitch and why doesn't she have cancer?
>>
>>57536978
she's a man. you're right about everything else though
>>
>>57536962
>point me to wireless controllers that wouldn't suck ass for emulating NES games on computer please

any of them. CSG been shilling one for a long time.
>>
>>57536978
>what "best games" is it missing?
It's missing Battletoads.
>>
>>57536962
>maybe nobody your age, don't worry you're not the target audience.
You are right, nobody age of 30 really cares, something younger players have problem with.
>also, point me to wireless controllers that wouldn't suck ass for emulating NES games on computer please
8bitdo are amazing
>>
While you are entirely correct that an rPi is a much better solution technically, most people just aren't going to bother with something that requires some effort to do when they can pick something up off the shelf instead.

That's almost the entire reason why so many kickstarters exist and succeed.
>>
File: richard-stallman.si.jpg (26KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
richard-stallman.si.jpg
26KB, 690x388px
> nobody in my europoor country buys that
> tempted to buy several and sell for high bucks later
>>
This is like the raspberry pi of microconsoles

people will buy one mess with it for 15 minutes and stick it in a drawer
>>
>>57537016

>Battletoads

obviously

for real though, it's missing a lot of the great Capcom titles. To me Megaman III is the best iof the NES Megamen games.

if there is no input lag on the controllers like there is on pc emulators, 60 dollars for just a SMB3 machine is worth it to me. I play through that game every 15 or 16 months, it's my therapy
>>
>>57537039
but this is /g/ not /v/
>>
File: TommyVercetti-GTAVC.jpg (78KB, 401x478px) Image search: [Google]
TommyVercetti-GTAVC.jpg
78KB, 401x478px
>>57535561
>artifacting is part of the original experience

NO IT FUCKING ISNT. THE ONLY THING YOU GET IN TERMS OF ARTIFACTING IS THE SPRITE FLICKER AND SOMETIMES FOREGROUND FLICKER BUT OTHERWISE UPSCALING ARTIFACTS ARE NOT PART OF THE EXPERIENCE. GOD THIS GUY IS SUCH A RETARD, THANK THE INTERNET FOR GIVING RETARDS VOICES.
>>
>>57535604
>>57535654
>>57535715
>>57535747
>>57535801
>>57535847
>>57535861
>>57535887
>>57535898
>>57535902
>>57535920
>>57535933
>>57535951
>>57535995
>>57536006
>>57536261
>>57536325
>>57536367

All you guys seem to be missing a crucial point - NES emulation is illegal, and while that might not bother you it bothers the shit out of most normies I know. Not even really because they think they'll get caught, but because they're worried about that 'darker' side of the internet and they don't want to get viruses and shit.
The NES Mini is great because it's official, legal and guaranteed to work with no problems and practically no setup. If you can't understand the appeal of that then you are so removed from reality I pity you. Maybe try going outside and being human for a bit, remind yourself what that's like?
>>
File: wrong.jpg (84KB, 1100x770px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
84KB, 1100x770px
>>57537091
>NES emulation is illega
WRONG
>>
>>57537063
>To me Megaman III is the best iof the NES Megamen games.
>complains about input lag

You are full of shit.
>>
>>57537091
The legality of it doesn't even come up with most normies. I stand by my post >>57536591
>>
>>57535398
Holy shit. These things are $500 at walmart. Fuck damn I am really tempted to counterfeit these things with a raspberry pi, except with all the games ever.
>>
>>57537078
So why should we even care?
>>
>>57535555
You know announcing a report is against the rules, right?
>>
>>57537119
because /g/ is about technology not about sucking corporate dick.
>>
>>57537134
are you serious right now?
>>
>>57537103
Does with normies I know. There is a huge chunk of the population who are normies that can happily use a computer, but don't investigate the seedy underbelly. Anything dodgy just has virus written all over it.
The NES mini is not for the relatively tiny proportionmof people who emulate and have been for years. It's for everyone else, for that reason it is great. Are you so steeped in your own shit that you can't understand 99% of people at all?
>>
>>57537100

Steer me in the right direction to fix input lag. You can't fix my opinions on MMIII those are set in stone

I played all the games on the consoles first and the controller I'm using now (wired ps4 controller) is better than the one it replaced (xbox 360 controller atrocious d-pad) and there is a subtle but noticeable input lag compared to playing games on the actual consoles
>>
>>57537156
>Steer me in the right direction to fix input lag. You can't fix my opinions on MMIII those are set in stone

I was not saying your opinion is shit because you like MMIII. I said your opinion is shit because MMIII has severe input issues (as MMV), but if you put up with that you shouldn't complain about input lag.
>>
>>57537141
Are you so steeped in your own shit that you didn't even read the post I pointed to?
>>
>>57537190
but muh jams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJsn_C9rvIQ
>>
>>57535699
>>57536359
He was quoting me in advance.
she
>>
>>57535398
I only got it, cause i want it in my collection. I already have the 30 games. It's the console that matters.
>>
>>57537239
The OSTre in MMIII is really good. Protoman's Theme, Spark Man Stage, Dr. Wily Stage 5 - but that does not save it from having those technical issues.

(In fact, the only other MM game that can get close to III in terms of music would be either VI or X).
>>
File: 78923654.jpg (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
78923654.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
>>57535561
>The artifacting is part of the original experience
>>
suprising to me how popular this is, I read an article about it months ago and have never heard it mentioned since, no segments on the news or anything like that
>>
>>57535577
>expecting others to know about all your qualifications
>rubbing them in people's faces when they tell you something you don't know
Goddamn what an insufferable cunt
>>
>>57537316

yep, what a bitch. Nobody who's buying this shit cares about the shit she's talking about. Does she want Wal Mart to put up "Legitimate Authentic NES Gaymer Bundles" with fatback TV's, original NES consoles and 30 cartridges for 60 dollars? and a Game Genie? Lol, who the fuck even uses Game Genie anyways? How old is this tranny?
>>
why is this on /g/ and not >>>/v/?
>>
>>57537308

i picked up something similar by Atari on a whim for 20 bucks. It was fashioned to look like a 2600 and had like a dozen classic Atari games built into it, plugged into TV with RCA cables

Played it maybe 3 times, but it did come with a kickass Atari sticker that I put on an old guitar so I'd say it was worth it
>>
>>57537341
>she
it's not a woman, it's a mentally ill man
>>
>>57537198
I did read it, that's why I said "that can use a computer", not the ultra-normie you described that comes across more like an OAP. You didn't even get that, ugh I don't know why I bothered
>>
File: CxQ8P1fVIAApPcA.jpg (85KB, 640x807px) Image search: [Google]
CxQ8P1fVIAApPcA.jpg
85KB, 640x807px
It's the same old story
1. BatWu asks a question
2. People answer
3. BatWu gets offended people answered and talks about being an engineer
>>
>>57537381
what's sad is it has to be like, "yeah I'm a woman" when

A. it's not a woman
B. even if it was it is completely irrelevant to the discussion
>>
>>57537099
Having the ROMs is.
>>
>>57537246
>He
>>
>>57535604
Name a SINGLE thing that is wrong about those sausage and cheese samplers.
>>
>>57537381
does he actually have an engineering degree?
>>
>>57536978
tiger heli was a major part of my childhood, tetris, bomberman, contra, dragon warrior/quest, golf, life force, specifically for me mega man 5 but for everyone megaman 1 and 3-6, the real punch out, pipe dream, rad racer, super dodgeball, yoshi's cookie, Ice Hockey, and a fantastic chance to bring mother over.
>>
File: 1478967867765.jpg (19KB, 325x264px) Image search: [Google]
1478967867765.jpg
19KB, 325x264px
>>57537484
No it isn't.

...IF you have the original cartridge in the bookshelf somewhere.
>>
>>57537381
Stop trying to bait us into sperging over Wu. We're not /v/ 2 years ago.
>>
>>57535398
It's a nice gadget at an affordable price that panders to nostalgia like it's no one's business.
When I was little my mom used to play the shit out of SMB2 and SMB3. It's the only real games she ever played and for some reason she thinks all other games beyond shitty facebook games are too complex for her.
So I'm considering giving her this NES mini for christmas.
>>
>>57535577
>i'm an engineer
>never built a game engine
>never built a complex mechanical device which has a purpose
>never had the brain the get into basic biology, let alone generic engineering
>i'm an engineer

You're an engineer about as much as you are a female.
>>
>>57537698
>never had the brain to get into basic biology

LOL even the kid in kindergarden cop knows boys have a penis and girls have a vagina
>>
>>57537091
I've bought hundreds of nes games, I think I'm morally allowed to continue enjoy them on my pc when my NES's warranty run out.
>>
>>57535577
>"I'm an engineer, I totally am!!!1"
>Only time we've seen "her" produce anything that looks like something an engineer would produce was a "fuck the haters" piece of pseudo-code that contained about as many schoolboy errors as lines of code
>If she actually implemented it in a real language it would have declared anyone replying to her on twitter as a GamerGater and blocked them
This person is about as much of an engineer as the kid who put the innards of a clock in a pencil case that looked like a briefcase and got taken to the principal's office when it went off in the middle of class and he refused to turn it off.
>>
>>57536965
>black friday
>eb games australia
>>
>>>/vr/
>>
>>57535577
> I'm everything
No, you are a cunt before anything else.
>>
>>57535561
>Input lag is part of the original experience
>>
File: 1456251872772.jpg (53KB, 545x456px) Image search: [Google]
1456251872772.jpg
53KB, 545x456px
>>57537675
>Tfw your parents never played vidya with you
Truly, I had the most troubling of childhoods.
>>
>>57537580
Well you are supposed to rip them yourself as well. Honestly who's going to stop you running an emulator?
>>
>>57539519
Mine never did either. They bought the NES second hand (in 97-98 or so) and played it a lot before they gave the NES and SMB2 to my brother for his birthday. Then one day we caught my mom secretly playing SMB3 and only then did we get to play it. Guess she wanted to save it for another birthday or something. She never really played vidya *with* us. Guess they're too chickenshit, knowing that kids will absolutely destroy adults in games.
>>
It is a pretty blatant cash grab. They probably only cost like $15 to build and ship. pure profit for them.

They didn't even include all the games either which is disgusting.
>>
>tfw I'm thinking of making my dad a sega genesis emulator machine from a pi
>>
>>57535398
>>57535920
Is it really this difficulty to understand why the casual fags would buy a device that literally plugs into the TV and plays immediately? Is everyone this autistic that they can't understand this?
>>
>>57537091
>they're worried about that 'darker' side of the internet
Fucking kek. Go to bed grandpa. You're so far over the hill you may as well start digging your grave.
>>
>>57540199
it's been some time since a console came out that you could get into a game less than a second after switching the console on
>>
>>57535398
>Nintendo enthusiasts
>Logical

These are the same /v/ dwelling faggots that probably browse Facebook on their £1000+ Macbook pros.
>>
>>57540478
There are six other retro plug and play consoles. Why is it that this one is suddenly a horrendous thing?
>>
>>57535555

Announcing reports is a global rule violation, you retard. You're more likely to get b& than OP. kek
>>
>>57540490

and you and everyone bitching about this are disgruntled fast food workers that don't understand that 60 dollars is nothing

it's not a serious computer or gaming console, it's a cheap novelty toy that actually does something cool.

You and everyone in this thread complaining about this toy need to step out of your autistic, angry brain loops and look at how stupid and irrational your anger about this is
>>
>>57535561
>she
>>
>>57540682
How many times do you retarded manlets have to piss away $60 before you realise a lot of "nothings" add up and it's these small, needless purchases that are keeping you in perpetual poverty?
>>
>>57541333

I didn't buy one actually, but I think it would be a great Christmas present for my brother. Too bad they are sold out everywhere, I guess I'll get him a decent bottle of booze instead

is that a better way to spend 60 dollars?
>>
Because it's an accurate emulator with legal roms and it includes a controller that's similar to the original. I bet none of you retards have actually used an accurate NES emulator.
>>
>>57536020
>refurbished laptop with hdmi out -
More like rpi or rpi clone
>>
>>57536511
>b-but spending more on the worse option makes me more special

Wew lad
>>
>>57541510

>More like rpi or rpi clone

just labor and asspain of loading it up with ROM's plus controller cost makes this more expensive

nothing against raspberry pi's they're cute and all, but nowhere near as cute as the mini nintendo

it's the difference between a hobby project and a complete product basically.

I made the mistake of showing off my emulators to my 10 year old nephew, now everytime I see him he's like, "can i play sonic the hedgehog on your computer" and I don't trust his faggot ass

does Sega make one of these things so I can get him to fuck off?
>>
>>57541582
>writing a disk image to an sd card is too hard

I just can't justify spending more on a less capable device. I mean it has an allwinner SoC but even if somebody manages to run normal linux on it the lack of ports is going to be a problem so I would just buy an SBC since even the first gen BPI that I bought for practically nothing is much more capable than this $60 thing. A cute case isn't enough of a justification for being able to play only 30 titles imo.

I agree that it is suitable for kids and people who wouldn't be able to figure out how to open the side panel of a PC if their lives depended on it, though.
>>
>>57535398
This ugly human is right. N only released garbage since GC.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>57536978

Little Nemo: The Dream Master
>>
>>57536511
(You)
>>
Why not just buy a Raspberry Pi and two USB NES controllers? You could have a better experience for $40
>>
for all the people shilling for Raspberry Pi's in here

would little brothers, aunts, uncles, grandpas know how to turn it on and get to Super Mario Brothers? How hard would it be to make it so you select the ROM with the controller, or would you need a keyboard?

this is a real question not a gotcha, I'm not familiar with these things but I'm assuming it's not gonna be as user friendly as Nintendo's toy
>>
>>57541926
Extremely easy. You literally push a button to turn it on. The linux kernel treats usb controllers as an input device so you can navigate the rom selection with the controller.

https://retropie.org.uk/
>>
>>57537091
>implying you're not allowed to backup files
>implying they're going to come to your house to see if you've the actual cartridges and console
Ironically alot of us do still have that crap from our childhood, not that it's worth trying to get them to werk.
>*blows in cartridge*
>it stops working after 30 minutes
>no save state
>not having everything on one device
>get into the habit of just using the web plus computer for years
>nintendo being this fucking late
But really,
>paying for a game that you can make yourself with today's technology
>paying for a game that the original makers don't get payed anymore for
>paying them for such old work
>not caring about freedom of expression
>not realising how messed up the current laws are
Will you plz give me a refund if I don't like this movie. No? Assume I copied it? Okay.

Get real.

And the first president of nintendo didn't care about the downloading by the by, he said so. Only the music industry head-hunts because it takes so long to figure out video game manipulation, and movies make the most money in the theature, during which all bootlegs are mass b&'d until they're satisfied. I honestly expected jewtube to go under because of the music issue.
>>57537118
People have been doing that at flea markets before the internet even existed. Don't get in a turf war. And actually, they even sold their own consoles much like that nintendo one, with the games preloaded, like over a decade ago, all over. Nintendo is so fucking late. It's because they never cared.
>>
>>57537784
>Cool inverted cock Brianna, want to bring it to the White House?
>>
>>57541960

oh that does look sweet. I'm gonna have to do this myself. it's such a pain in the ass lugging laptop to TV and quadruple penetrating her every time I want to play NBA Jam or whatever
>>
>>57541926
>It's good because it's for idiots

we don't care what's good for idiots because we are not those idiots

>i know i'll go buy something that trades in quality for user friendliness
>that'll make me normal and then i'll finally get laid
>-sent from my windows 10 chinktop
>>
mini NES case for rasp pi when?
>>
>>57542112

don't make assumptions, I have been emulating these games since the 90's, using Nesticle which I'm pretty sure was the first NES emulator for PC.

I'm asking because I'm a 35 year old married man and father of 2 who is more concerned about what I'm getting my family and friends for Christmas.

Look, I know puberty is a tough time and the hormones make you angry and confused, maybe you should talk to your high school counselor about it instead of acting like a whiny bitch on the internet.

Where was your laptop manufactured, dipshit?
>>
File: 1479267057369.jpg (10KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
1479267057369.jpg
10KB, 200x219px
>>57535398
>meanwhile you can do the same thing on your phone for free
>>
>>57542180
Just 3d print it yourself right now, then spray pain it or something. Not that hard. People are 3d printing revolvers and such, I mean really.
>>
>>57542223
but 3d printed ones look like shit
>>
>>57541828
the remo's bootleg looks better
>>
Can anyone tell me why people are actually buying this?
Is it only for Muh nostaligia
>>
>>57542246
>make a plaster mold
>use clay
>fire the greenware, etc
>glaze it for color, etc
>end up making a pretty ocarina nes
>give it oil lamp and bong feature as well
Do this instead I guess.
>>
>>57542112

>we don't care what's good for idiots because we are not those idiots
it's a fucking toy, what do you want? Do you go around to preschools and yell at toddlers because their fisher price cars don't have engines? just kill yourself
>>
>>57542297

I don't think he's allowed near preschools
>>
>>57535561

>tranny advocating "the original experience"
>>
Which Raspberry Pi is the strongest? I bought the NES Mini and now the idea of a tiny computer powered by my TV has me interested. I know there's like different models and shit I want the strongest. Is the Intel compute stick good?
>>
>>57542348
Also curious for this. I wanna install retropie and play panel de pon.
>>
>>57542348
>>57542807
raspberry pi 3 should be good.
honestly you could just get an android tv box with xmbc and kodi tv.
>>
>>57543049
The hardware is already weak as fuck, I'd rather just run straight linux and not android.

Also, none of those android or raspi boxes can play my 10-bit anime without setting up some re-encoding scheme on another computer and I'd rather not have to do all that shit again.
Right now I watch my anime on a c2d tower I found for $10 at a swapmeet.
>>
>>57535398
> NES MINI SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE
>>Emulation of the entire NES
> library has been freely available
> for years
>>People will still pay online
> scalpers 15 times inflated prices
> for the Mini NES that is limited
> to 30 games
>>Proof that people don't care
> about free softwaremfw John isn't a retard for once
>>
>"it's so ez to do it on a laptop/raspberry pi/NUC/etc!!!!!"
>completely missing the point

this is why you're all NEETs/code monkeys, instead of actual product people making the real money.
>>
>>57543276
>completely missing the point
And what is the point?
Because it's all done for you and god forbid that you accidentally learn some computer literacy skills while building yourself a nice do-everything game console for yourself?
>>
>>57536031
>calling Megaman Rockman
that's the original name of the game retard
>>
>>57535887
>My sister for instance hated SNES because there were "too many buttons".

you need to kill your sister, anon
>>
>>57536261
>you literally downloaded the rom and plugged it it into your fuckin emulator
ahahahah and i downloaded more RAM and plugged it into the PPU
>>
>>57535509
sdfdsf
>>
>>57535497
test
>>
>>57543049
What's stopping me from using a raspi zero?
>>
How does it actually work, original hardware or is it an emulator in a special case?
>>
>>57535577
>engineer and developer
>HOW I BUILD WINDOWS COMPUTER

do we need more proof that this thing is mentally damaged?
>>
>>57543513

Did you see their old reddit account?

It was comprised entirely of how much they like anal
>>
>>57543364
>Because it's all done for you and god forbid that you accidentally learn some computer literacy skills while building yourself a nice do-everything game console for yourself?
the normies who played nintendo casually when they were 10 (and who are buying these) dgaf about that shit, you stupid fucking sperg
>>
The games are all remastered in 1080p, do you guys think it doesn't cost Nintendo anything to do this?
>>
>>57543611
>1080p
>nintendo
source anon.
It doesn't cost them anything.
They could have sold this for $20 easily and still turned a profit.
>>
>>57543611
no they're not they're literally just ROMs
>>
>>57543593
>the normeies
>the NORMIES
>THE NORMIES!!!!!!
>casuals
>HOW DARE YOU FORCE PEOPLE TO LEARN NEW THINGS???!?!?

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1427368598410.jpg (7KB, 190x159px) Image search: [Google]
1427368598410.jpg
7KB, 190x159px
>>57543611

>remastered in 1080p

Prove it
>>
>>57543646
Source is I own one.
>>
>>57543646
It looks super mint on my 40 inch TV, if it was stretching lower resolution ancient graphics it'd look shitty.
>>
>>57540061
>, knowing that kids will absolutely destroy adults in games.
Not these days, i often beat children at children's game with my enhanced reflexes only possessed by someone who should have stopped long ago.
Based on observation I think they're comparatively worse to how my agegroup were back then, i blame tablets.
Besides, some of those asians might have been grown men so thats double points.
>>
>>57543635
lmao enjoy continuing to get mad at other peoples' successes faget
>>
>>57542028
>Nintendo is so fucking late. It's because they never cared.

That's the truly amazing part of the story. Nintendo could have made absolute fortunes selling the same 30 games on Apple App Store and Google Play Store even if they sold them at 3.99 a piece, it would have required less effort than this device, they could have even come up with a bluetooth controller for smartphones which would have allowed for "muh nostalgia".
>>
>>57540061
Kids have shit reflexes.
I went back to the games that kicked my ass when i was 10 and they were piss easy, boring even.
>>
only normies play emulators, true tech canonciers notice the emulation bugs and only play on real nes hardware
>>
>>57543886
>emulation bug
tell me what are these emulation bugs
>>
>>57543705
post picture with timestamp and possible screenshot of gameplay on your tv cuck
>>
File: pepe.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>57535497
>>57535499
/thread
>>
>>57537505
Who are YOU quoting?
>>
>>57536414
COOLEST FAGGOT IN THE THREAD HANDS DOWN
>>
>>57544078
this full version is so cute
>>
>>57537580
Perfect example of why you're not supposed to give legal advice if you're not a lawyer. At least preface with "INAL but..." (I'm Not a Lawyer but...)

A cartridge, the physical instrument is your property and you own it. However, the software present on the ROM is not your property. You are provided a license of copyright to use the software. You cannot use someone else's ROM dump as that is THEIR license of copyright.

You're conflating the DMCA law that protects consumers against digital degradation by allowing them to rip their OWN copy (and not distribute it) with downloading ANY copy and using it.

Here's what's actually happening: the other ripper of the original dump is violating the license of copyright. The website that distributes it is violating DMCA. And you are simply downloading software without a license.

Hope that cleared it up and this fucking meme can die already.
>>
>>57542341
/thread
>>
Hey /g/, I was looking forward to this thing til I heard about the god awful cable lengths.

Recently remembered I have a Pi 3 model B sitting in my closet, and realized using that I could run NES, SNES, and GBA with a decent cord length.

I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for controllers.
I got an email today with a link to this: https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-compatible-usb-gamepad-controller-snes-style
And it looks alright, only $6, has a decent cord length, and I know it'll work with my Pi. I was wondering if one of you guys could vouch for its quality or, alternatively, show me one you know is good. Moreover, I'm interested to know if the Pi's power output and the emulators themselves are able to do two player with two controllers.
Since I'm only gonna be emulating SNES, NES and GBA, an SNES controller layout is all I need.

For what it's worth, I have a Wii U Pro controller and a DS3, but I wasn't sure how those would work out what with drivers and power consumption.

Oh and is RetroPi the best option in terms of software? I haven't really looked into it much yet but that one seems to show up the most.
>>
>>57544914
Buy a quality bluetooth controller and a bluetooth adapter.
I think a PS4 controller will work flawlessly.
>>
>>57544930
>Buy a quality bluetooth controller and a bluetooth adapter
DS3 is bluetooth and I believe I have an adapter lying around somewhere, so I could just use that.
Does RetroPi have native Bluetooth controller support/drivers?
>>
>>57542341
fucking kek
>>
File: 1478731269102.jpg (95KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478731269102.jpg
95KB, 682x600px
>>57542341

10/10
>>
>>57543897
tell me you're not a retard who can't even google
>>
File: 1361361262063.png (2MB, 1023x799px) Image search: [Google]
1361361262063.png
2MB, 1023x799px
>>57537381
>I'm a [Bold font] engineer [bold font]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xC8rdqdTDk&feature=youtu.be&t=1287
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.