[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did this guy buy his own IP blocks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (15KB, 210x220px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15KB, 210x220px
How the fuck did this guy buy his own IP blocks?
>>
The owner of cock.li, I mean.
>>
>>57530817
>>57530864
its quite simple
you contact your isp
and give them money
>>
>>57530817
With money.
>>
>>57530882
ISP? I thought buying IP blocks was at a higher level operation. Like he bought the IP themselves and told the ISP to use them, not leased them from the ISP's own set of blocks.
>>
>>57530817
Romania doesn't give three fifteenths of a shit as long as you pay
>>
>>57530919
the isps own large blocks of ips and then distribute them

also why dont you just fucking call him or email him
im sure he will tell you
>>
>>57530930
Lol OK I will

>>57530921
How much money we talking?
>>
>>57530919
You can do that, but it's generally more expensive and you need a decent ISP that will actually do that for you.
>>
>>57530961
To reserve blocks like he does? I have no idea. Look at the website for his donation tracker. He pays for the email server but the VPS are 10 a month.
>>
Get you own ASN
Ask your local rir for a block of /20? Some of them require justification.
>>
>>57531006
>having to justify a purchase to the faggot you're paying

really
>>
>>57531024
They don't want Joe Alibaba reserving 100 IPs for no reason other than pinging Google. IPv4 as limited space, very limited today, and if the ISP isn't IPv6 ready, like in burgerville, then IPs are not just handed out
>>
>>57531006
I can tell that the last time you did this was before we ran out of IPv4 addresses.

There are, in many RIRs, no more to allocate. They're gone. Where there are, they'll want SERIOUS justification and will claw them back if unused.

You may be able to buy a block. The going rate is about $8-12 per IP address, so that's about $40000 for a /20.

I guess he might've gotten really, really lucky...
>>
>>57530817
Why don't you ask him yourself. He hangs around in irc sometimes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.