[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ Stupid Questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 32

File: aliased-vs-anti.gif (5KB, 500x188px) Image search: [Google]
aliased-vs-anti.gif
5KB, 500x188px
how do i turn off the anti-aliasing text on KolourPaint? (Linux Mint)

i want to type some flat text so i can easily recolor it
>>
I dunno if KolourPaint has masks and layers but in Photoshop the best approach is to use the text as a layer mask, then you can draw over the text and it remains anti-aliased.
>>
>no sqt in op
>>
File: 1478241021885s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478241021885s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
Does /g/ have a manual install Windows 7 Update pack? I just reinstalled W7 Ultimate SP1, and the updater is dead regardless of what I do.
>>
Just use GIMP

sudo apt-get install gimp
>>
File: 1473284132219.jpg (67KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1473284132219.jpg
67KB, 500x667px
how do I make stylechan wok with pale moon?
>>
>>57528923
1) Go here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/?page=2
2) Download "Version 1.15.1-signed".
3) Click "Add to Firefox".
4) Install StyleChan.
>>
>>57528934
fucking christ thanks so much

now i can finally drop firefox
>>
Can you upload files from an encrypted folder/download files into it without extracting the whole thing or is that not how it works?
>>
>>57528964
no problem.
>>
What's an alternative to Windows Movie Maker?
>>
I'm looking for a good 1440p IPS monitor. Have a 250-350€ budget, could spend a little more if it's really worth it.
>>
>>57528923
Sauce?
>>
File: pic related.jpg (505KB, 2937x2203px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
505KB, 2937x2203px
How bad it is to leave a pc on the floor under your desk? pic semi-related.
>>
I've noticed that using incognito mode on chrome/private browsing on Firefox is slightly faster than when using them normally.

Is this because it doesn't cache anything to the disk or what? Lately I've only been using these modes because of the speed increase
>>
>>57529087
I keep mine on the floor because I don't have desk space and it's fine, but there's a bit more space between it and the wall compared to your pic-related.
>>
>>57529104
Also my addons are all still enabled in incognito
>>
>>57529104
Another reason might be because it disables add-ons, if you have any of those installed.
>>
>>57529087
I would argue it's fine, providing you have enough ventilation to exhaust hot air. It will probably get dustier than if you put it on a desk, though.

Perhaps you should place it on top of another platform next to your desk. It looks like there's something next to your desk that may be suitable. It shouldn't matter either way, as long as you clean your PC once in a while.
>>
>>57529121
>>57529129
oops nevermind
>>
>>57529106
also my desk has four legs so there's space between the sides for ventilation
>>
>>57529106
>>57529134
>>57529166
I see, that's not really my desk, just a pic from google, it's just that if i decide to put it on the desk i'll lose a lot of space and have to rearrange the furniture a bit, on the other hand my floor ir rather coold and has plenty of room, but also lots of dust no matter how much i clean it...
maybe getting a stand for it so it's under the desk but not on the floor is not a bad idea.
Oh, and it will have enough room to exaust hot air, that won't be an issue in any place i decide.
>>
How much overhead do VMs have for I/O and CPU generally? I know it's hard to put a number on it but is it closer to 20% than 5%?
>>
>>57529000
Sony Vegas if you don't mind cracking it.

or Sony Movie Studio if you want something really similar to WMM
>>
>>57529000
adobe after effects, if you don't mind cracking it
>>
>>57529200
Assuming you have hard-wood flooring, a platform under your PC would make little to no difference. If you have any carpet-like flooring, however, you definitely should, or your ventilation will be terrible.
>>
>>57529152
It's strange because I notice the difference on every computer I use, but searching about it doesn't return any results that suggest it's to do with the browser not having to write to the hard drive when incognito
>>
>>57528907
but muh paint
>>
File: burd.jpg (165KB, 1038x1155px) Image search: [Google]
burd.jpg
165KB, 1038x1155px
What's the best way to clean my laptop keyboard?
50/50 isopropyl alcohol/distilled water on a microfibre cloth?
>inb4 blast it with piss/cum on it
>>
>>57528978
still need answer for this
>>
>>57529225
I think it's somewhere in between 0 and 100%
>>
>>57528734
KP4 has neither of those

just tranparency, effects, and image 360 rotation
>>
>>57528888
wsusoffline
>>
>>57529477
I found out how to fix my error with WU, and my updates are installing now. Looking at the /g/ wiki, are the services described at this link the only ones I have to deal with regarding telemetry?:

http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
>>
File: cyberbrain.gif (293KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
cyberbrain.gif
293KB, 500x750px
Any yuropean here?
Do i really need a fucking CE marking to sell a prebuilt computer? Out of parts that all have CE of their own?
>>
is it possible to install stock android nougat on a samsung galaxy s6? or is there an equivalent rom that will get rid of all this samshit+carrier bloat?
>>
If I simply reinstalled Windows on my laptop will it default to the OEM's cd key?

Trying to reset a Thinkpad with Linux on it so I can sell it
>>
>>57529793
No. Just get a kms on it and it will be fine.
>>
>>57529793
use Belarc to pull your system key, then reactivate with that. if it says too many activations, call the M$ number and follow the prompts. when it asks, say it's active on 0 machines. worst case scenario, you'll get a pajeet on the phone, just explain that you're reinstalling.
>>
What VNC viewer do you people use on Android? I'm using VNC Viewer and it seems like the goto one
>>
is there a possibility to turn on the reading mode in chrome ( --enable-dom-distiller flag) with a shortcut, without going to the menu all the time?
>>
is the thinkpad x260 a good linux laptop?
>>
>>57530131
i own a x250 and the 1080p makes everything supertiny. Scaling is shit on all OS'es, except, ofc, OSX
>>
Good youtube extension
>>
How can I make my Samsung Galaxy S3 great again? It's really slow and I think I can squeeze a few more months out of it with the right tweaks. Unlike desktops, I know next to nothing about phones, so a guide or some pointers would really help. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>57530168
but other than that, it's all good right
>>
If I plug a hard drive that has Windows installed to another motherboard that already has Windows installed(for copying files/etc off of it) are there any pitfalls I should be aware of when starting the machine up, if any?
>>
I have a lot of music on my phone so I am running out of storage (Note 5)
What would be a good way to be able to Stream and remove a bunch of my songs? (I would still keep a bunch of my favorites in case I had no signal)
I heard a lot of people saying Google Music was good.
>>
File: 2016-11-15_23-49-00.webm (529KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-15_23-49-00.webm
529KB, 720x480px
>>57528518
any idea what the fuck is going on here? restarting explorer doesn't help and ctrl+c/ctrl+v aren't working, either. it goes away when i restart and starts acting like this at random times. w10 btw
>>
need to eventually publish some C++ shit on windows, but i realised i dont know half the things i need to
do i have to recompile for all different versions of windows? (one binary for W10, one for W8, etc)
>>
>>57529317
Anyone?
>>
>>57530672
google music is exactly what you want, upload up to 50000 songs and stream them or download them via wifi from any device

all without paying a cent
>>
>>57530847
You answered your own question
>>
>>57530857
How are they organized? Seems like my best bet.
Is there a catch? Or is a truly ad free and excellent?

I am gonna mostly be using it with LTE but there are situations where I don't have good signal, so do you have any idea how it works with weaker signal at time?
>>
>>57528518
Use Krita instead.
>>
>>57530893
if it's in google's music catalogue you will get all the proper tags and it will just link it to your account without uploading. if it's not there it uploads the actual files with whatever metadata you have on them.

no ads during playback or anything, but i can't tell you how the lte streaming is because i live in canada and have basically no available data. i stream on wifi and download whatever i want when i'm out of the house.
>>
>>57530970
Sounds great! Can I upload from my PC?
>>
File: 1477540830921.png (125KB, 764x489px) Image search: [Google]
1477540830921.png
125KB, 764x489px
>install Cyanogenmod on my phone
>it works fine
>install Xposed on my phone
>it works fine
>add a module
>stuck in boot loop
Why is it doing this? Is there anything I can do about it?
>>
>>57531018
yep google has a sync program that will upload from whatever folders you tell it to
>>
So I'm wiping all of my drives and I have a legit copy of Windows 7, so if I install it will I have any issues if I don't have a key to go with it? I already used the key on the last build, and I can't find any legit windows loader anymore.
Linux isn't an option since I can't play all my gaymes on there.
>>
>>57531054
Thanks a lot mane, I appreciate the help. How shall I be able to upload them? Like the website or whatever.
>>
>>57531076
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1075570?hl=en-CA
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (25KB, 516x516px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
25KB, 516x516px
Ok, so my laptop came with windows 8 and doesn't have drivers for windows 7, only 8 or higher.
But I don't want
>telemetry
>keylogger
>screenshots of my desktop
>no control over updates
and all that windows 10 crap.
And 8 was hell.
What the hell do I do /g/? inb4 install gentoo
>>
>>57531074
see>>57529920
>>
>>57531081
Thanks, also there do seem to be ads.
>>
>>57531074
Nevermind, found a legit windows loader.
Now, THEORETICALLY, if I were to "upgrade" to Windows 10, would it still work the same? Or would it see that I used as loader?
>>
How can I hide my own version of Firefox on the computer at work? Another way besides USB?
>>
Looking to replace my laptop and could use suggestions. Currently have a 2013 XPS13 refurb I got for like 500bux last year running Mint 17.2 (I know, I'm a huge faggot).

Was hoping that the new MBP would be legit but really disappointed so now open to pretty much anything that meets the following:

> good battery life
> decently portable (would prefer 13" to 15"), but doesn't have to optimize thinness over everything else like Apple has done
> runs Linux well with relatively little configuration pain (e.g., setting up Mint on the XPS13 was EZ); probably gonna try a distro with a little less training wheels next time around
> option to upgrade to 32GB eventually (so somewhat 'future proof')
> optional nice-to-have would be a not-shitty GPU for VR stuff

Usage will primarily be web app development, not much gaming.

Thanks in advance, /g/
>>
File: tfw1478477737999.jpg (384KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tfw1478477737999.jpg
384KB, 1000x1000px
If I connect a non HD laptop (13' monitor) to an HD TV via HDMI, will I get HD quality if I play HD mkvs?
>>
>>57531140
google 'standalone chromium'

worked for me 4 years ago at a megacorp whose IT dept only allowed IE6
>>
>>57531047
This is why you take backups before installing shit like xposed modules.
>>
>>57531270
This is a new phone, there's nothing to make backups of.
>>
>>57529002
Get a korean monitor senpai, they're pretty good for the price and use top quality panels. Some of them can be overclocked as well (from 60hz to 75-120hz)
>>
How do I put a cheap microsoft mouse back together? I've been wrestling with the wire on this dumb thing.
>>
General Linux 'workflow' question:

How do I persist the configuration of my environment easily in between OS reinstalls?

e.g., I install lots of tools for my work, customize lots of system settings, trick out my shell, etc.

Is there an easy way to do so?
>>
I got a Xiaomi Mi5 with 32GB fixed storage and no SD card slot and a very cheap Lenovo phone with a 128GB SD card. Would it be possible to let the Xiaomi access the Lenovo's files without me needing to actually use the latter, like a sorta wireless storage?
I'd like to listen to the music I got on there, but any mediaserver-esque apps still need to be controlled on the Host phone.
>>
>>57531379
>needing OS reinstalls
install Arch
>>
Ok this is off topic as fuck, but by any chance have any of you ever tried a Soma and Diazepam combo?
>>
>>57531431
I've tried SOMA and aspirin because i've had a cold but the sound fx was the only redeeming part about that experience
>>
Best bang/buck ssd of 512GB with a budget of 150usd?
>>
I want to put Portal 2 in split screen but using two monitors to play with my little brother but how do I.
>>
>>57531379
>>57531428

i want to practice opsec like this

imgur gallery/hxFwA
>>
Can I connect a latitude 6530 to two external monitors (one with the vga out and one using the hdmi out) ?
>>
>>57531455
How was the Soma?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-16-08-13-47.png (125KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-16-08-13-47.png
125KB, 540x960px
is there a way to change the notification drawer?
I can't find anything on google.
I bought a pretty good chinkfone the only problem is that the notification drawer looks like shit
>pic related
>>
>>57531253
I only find Chromium but no standalone version? Thanks btw
>>
>>57531669
https://chromium.woolyss.com/

yw
>>
>>57529317
grab a vacuum cleaner, put a sock at the end, and vacuum away
>>
>>57528518

Use inkscape, ya n00b.

It will give you scalable graphics, with hard borders that you can color edge to edge.

You're using the wrong tool.
>>
Can someone explain how i get cyaogenmod on my phone. I have no idea how to root and change everything. I think i might be retarded. please help
>>
Is there an easy way to transfer a torrent list over to another computer?
>>
Is there a free pdf printer for windows that doesn't come with adware/malware? qvPDF doesn't seem to work on 64 bit windows 8.1
>>
File: 1477282660628.jpg (67KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1477282660628.jpg
67KB, 750x714px
>>57528518
Here is a stupid question for ya guys

I need to buy a laptop but I can only spend 200 bucks, I don't want a Chromebook but alot of people say to buy one and install Linux. I'm fine with Linux but is that really the best option?

I'm not computer savoy so I really have no idea what to do, any advice would be appreciated.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMES072/ref=pe_171560_215444170_em_1p_0_ti?th=1

how do i get this to work on my computer? what connectors will i need
>>
>>57532158
Any computer for under $200 is going to be too slow for windows, unless it's xp. I would go the chromebook way.
>>
How do I have rice out font rendering
>>
>>57532294
thanks

Do you mean I should get a chromebook and use Linux or just use the chrome os?
>>
I was downloading a torrent and the speed was going great now it just dead stopped around 30% and I have no clue why. Any way to fix this? I didn't touch anything so I don't think I messed anything up.
>>
In Windows Phone 8, the email application had a single feed for all of your email accounts.
In Windows Phone 10, you have to manually toggle between accounts to view your email.

Is it possible to go back?
>>
>>57532342
If there was only one seeder he probably stopped it because his upload speed was stopping him from using the internet. keep trying to download it, he may start seeding later (hopefully he'll just change his upload limit).

failing that try updating your trackers
>>
[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

how do I scan several 1g+ files for viruses. what's a decent program to use for it?
>>
So I'm plugging my macbook into my studio monitor setup via USB but when I do that I notice that my monitors play a fucking FM station quietly, 106.7 to be exact, in addition to the audio signal going through

What the fuck?? How do I fix this? My macbook seems to become a radio antenna when I plug it in

Fuck you steve jobs metal body laptops were a bad idea
>>
Ugh, what do I have to do to get OS X El Capitan running in VirtualBox? I ran through several instructions that usually end with "it takes up to five minutes to boot the first time..." but each time I've been looking at a blank screen for 15-20 minutes before bailing. And this is on a 6700k OCed with 16g ddr4.

tl;dr
Full time dev, but also work freelance for a company. Another freelancer setup a vagrant workflow (local instance -> staging -> production) thing, which is fine and I've done the same thing in many other places myself, but the asshole used ansible and some other Linux/OS X only functioning tool-chain parts. I have native linux box and even then can't get his provisioning scripts to run... but we're freelancers and he left, but I don't have time to decipher his nonsense and re-work it to be a cross-OS provision script.

Have a mac at my full-time job, works fine there. Fucking doesn't work on native linux or windows. But my full-time firewalls shit like Chrome Remote Desktop, etc... So I need a home solution. And it's only $55 an hour for my freelance rate, so it won't pay for buying a mac.

WRRRRYYYYY
>>
I know programs don't like running from another windows installation, but is there anything else I should worry about?
>>
Does anyone know some really cheap tablet type device I can get that isn't absolute trash that will fall apart?

I just want it for browsing the internet on the shitty and reading e-books.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Getting a raspberry pi to have a nice little emulation box to take to friends' houses.

What is a good usb controller for it? I'd like to buy at least 2 so cheaper is better. I just see a lot of negative reviews on a lot of these usb snes controllers and the like.
I can't stand the feel of shitty, cheap plastic in my hands and I want something with some weight to it. Preferably something on amazon so I can get my shit fast.
>>
>>57528964
>>57528934
>using the furry browser
>>
help
I can access my FTP servers on my local network
via local IP
but even though they're port-forwarded I can't connect via global IP

nmap:
Nmap scan report for Wireless_Broadband_Router (WWW.XX.YYY.ZZZ)
Host is up (0.0054s latency).
Not shown: 990 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh
23/tcp open telnet
80/tcp open http
443/tcp open https
992/tcp open telnets
4567/tcp open tram
6667/tcp open irc
8080/tcp open http-proxy
8443/tcp open https-alt

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.12 seconds
>>
Hi /g/, I could use some help.
I recently murdered my motherboard and had to replace it. I decided to upgrade to a msi z170-A pro and got a new i5-6600k/ram to go with it. Due to "recent hardware or software changes" my win7 pirate edition drive became completely useless without the win7 disk. Conveniently I was running win7 ultimate pirate edition so I have no disk. After hooking up my old computer and eventually getting it to work I downloaded win7 ultimate pirate edition and installed it on a new 250gb ssd I have. Between my new win7 ssd, old computers winvista drive, and my other win7 hd not a one works on my main computer. I CAN get Vistadrive and my ssd win7 running on my old computer, but for some reason neither work with my nice one. In bios theyre all being seen by my good computer, and I've fucked with the boot order to know that's not the issue. Whenever I try only my win7 ssd it freezes and restarts at the point where the Lil swirly light start turning into the windows logo. I've tried startup repair both right after that, and separately with a startup repair disk made using my father's working win7 computer. Vista drive is the same.
I'd really appreciate if anyone has any ideas. I've been going at this for 3 days trying to get the damn thing working so I've certainly left out a few things I've tried without meaning to, I'll answer any questions/provide pictures if neccesary. On phone so sorry for shit grammar
>>
>>57533678
did you try reactivating windows 7
>>
>>57533725
i did not actually do that, i'll be thoroughly embarrassed if that's all i needed to do. thanks i'll give it a shot.
>>
Is there a way on Android to make it really quiet?
>>
>>57533774
?
>>
>>57533678
Im not following your post 100% but something similar happened to me and it turned out my bios had changed the sata mode selection from AHCI to IDE. I switched it back and it ran fine
>>
>>57533391
also, I now realize I inverted the

>tl;dr

use. Derp. But I'm pretty upset because even simple hacks so I could work locally aren't working, and I've already spent too many un-billable hours on it.

I guess I could setup a VPN (I have admin access on my work machines, but couldn't fuck with the firewall) and remote from home, to the VPN, to my work Mac... but goddamn, how hard is it to set up a provision script for all commonly used OSs'? I do it all the fucking time, so you just need to git clone and vagrant up and you are ready to work on my team. FUUUUUUCK.

Yeah, I'm personally blogging at this point, but needed to yell at something.
>>
I had my Galaxy S4 since it came out and now I am ready to upgrade, Is the pixel xl worth getting? I see it can already be rooted and xposed support should be soon as well
>>
>>57533725
Sadly this did not work
>>57533792
It's in ahci
>>
is there a program that can go through a folder of pictures and pick out ones that are similar to each other regardless of the images actual size?
>>
Can I download the Windows 10 Mobile installer to my desktop, then load it onto my phone?
My phone has been stuck at "downloading updates: 0%" for almost 2 hours.
>>
>>57528883
I see I'm not the only one who gets triggered over this
>>
Just starting to learn.

Should I go with Javascript or Python?
>>
>>57533875
what are you learning for? do you want to be a front-end or back-end dev? or just a starting point towards programming in general?
>>
File: 1471355567279.jpg (337KB, 1080x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1471355567279.jpg
337KB, 1080x1442px
I just discovered Hydrus and object based storage.
The guides are very unclear and I'm way in over my head.
I want to make a server for my database on one machine and my other will be the client that uploads and downloads.

How do I get started?
>>
>>57530694
Nuke the hard drive and reinstall from an official media.
>>
can anyone recommend a portable media player? Want to get my Dad one for Xmas, he's a truck driver and has an old shitty portable dvd player. It takes USB but doesn't support half the video formats of movies I give him.

Want something with decent battery life/ screen size. Any recommendations? All the "new" portable dvd players all came out like 8 years ago
>>
>>57533879
Programming in general. Absolute beginner at all of this.
>>
>>57533879
not him, but learning programming in general
>>
>>57533879
Neither of those guys, but I third 'em.
>>
>>57533879
i guess i'll fourth em
>>
My new HDD makes little noises whenever it's writing or reading stuff to/from the disk. Every single HDD info I've checked says it's doing fine. I shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?
>>
Is it bad for my phone to use a app to force the vibrator for long periods of time?
>>
>>57534038
noises like this are normal for mechanical drives
https://youtu.be/J09pWNQPK7U

an ssd shouldn't be making any noises though
>>
>>57534145
Great to hear that, so to speak.
>>
>>57534129
just buy a vibrator anon
>>
>>57534129
It'll wear out the motor faster.... what are you using it for?
>>
>>57534038
if you got speccy, check the SMART data
should be in the hdd section
>>
>>57534191
I checked Crystaldiskinfo and HWinfo, they both told me everything was good.
>>
Is gsync and the amd one just memes?

Because im just looking for a nice 1440p monitor
>>
is there a adblocker for spotify on linux that doesn't JUST MUTE?
>>
>>57533975
>>57533978
>>57533998
>>57534015

Python, definitely (if those are your two preferred language choices on getting into programming). I've done it all (if it-all covers most career-programers starting a few decades ago) such as ASM in many variations, BASIC, Visual Basic, C, C++, Fortran, Cobol, Brainfuck... web languages from PHP, Ruby, and lambda languages (Haskell (why? WHY did I do a paid web-project in Haskell????)), C#, a little bit of Java and stuff. All front-end web languages are learn-in-a-minute-or-you-aren't-a-programmer. If you know programming, shit like JS, ECMA, transpliers like coffeescript, etc...you are a production worthy programmer after one week of after-work research on the language.
>>
>>57534203
Those will always say that is good.

Post a screenshot of speccy SMART report.
Download HD Tune and do a benchmark and a surface read test.
>>
>>57534324
That said, if you have the math skills, it is worth it to go through SCIP at least on your own. Forget the dragon book, there are way bay versions free out their (basically how to program a compiler) on github and shit.
>>
Other than the obvious inches and trying to compensate for the size of my small dick, is there are difference between a 55" and a 60" 4k Tv? There's about a $300-$400 difference between the two and I want to know if it's worth the money
>>
>>57534177
Not for what you are thinking i swear.

In 3 years i never thought using my phone like that.

Just curiosity that came trough my mind when i was taking a bath.
>>
>>57534271
>linux
"no"
>>
>>57534422
They read straight from the SMART report, don't they?

I'll try HD Tune, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20161115_223911.jpg (748KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161115_223911.jpg
748KB, 1920x1080px
>>57528518
How the fuck do I fix this shit?

I've installed the drivers, I can detect the network, but I can't actually fucking connect to the goddamn network wirelessly.

I have a TP-LINK AC1200 USB network adapter, and I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2. And yes, I installed the Wireless LAN Service.

Pic related.
>>
>>57534491
Mess with your router settings, change WPA2 to WPA for example.
You dont need WLAN service.

Get a better USB adapter.
>>
>>57534226
It works as advertised. you're still limiting your frame rate though, so there will naturally be more input lag than if you were running the game at 10,000 fps. way better than vsync though
>>
File: 15-November-2016_23-44.png (56KB, 594x521px) Image search: [Google]
15-November-2016_23-44.png
56KB, 594x521px
>>57534490
This is what it said.
>>
>>57534445
"thanks"
>>
>>57534559
It looks normal, and SMART?
>>
File: eoJpsjV.png (33KB, 656x500px) Image search: [Google]
eoJpsjV.png
33KB, 656x500px
>>57534583
Whoops, that was for my SSD.
Anyway, everything says it's okay so I guess that means it's okay.
>>
>>57534624
There is literally nothing wrong with your HDD anon, its working just fine.

I guess you will have to bear with the noise.
>>
>>57534637
Oh well, I thought so. I should've probably added some extra context, this was not just a new HDD, but one for a new computer with a new case. One that has a frontal intake fan so I probably hear more things from the HDD than I did with my old computer.
>>
>>57534511
Shit only fucking works when there's no security at all and takes forever to connect.

This USB adapter is pretty good already. What would you recommend? I had a Netgear AC1200 a while ago that worked with Windows, but cost twice as much for the same capabilities, and wouldn't work in Linux, while this one does.
>>
>>57534742
Use WPA, TKIP instead AES and that it uses a/b/n instead only /n/.

Its not paranoid tier secure but it will be secure and should work.
>>
>>57534801
Nope, doesn't work.
>>
would a tiny amount of spit do my laptop keyboard any harm?

like a small bit of spittle going between the keys.
>>
>>57534994
Brah i own an old 2002 dell keyboard and i spilled tons of shit over the years on it from juices to food and it still work like new
>>
>>57535029
right on man

i'm just concerned about it causing a short in one of the vital parts of the computer, like if it somehow leaked down into something
>>
>>57535071
If you are really concern, just shut it off and let air dry.

But you shouldn't worry it
>>
File: 1468587938062.jpg (105KB, 603x324px) Image search: [Google]
1468587938062.jpg
105KB, 603x324px
>>57528518
How do I make fonts created for ClearType to look nice without ClearType, like, for example, Segoe UI?
>>
>>57535071
It takes a lot to short more than the keyboard, which is a pair of these.
>>
>>57535092
LaTeX, and always use Computer Modern so people know it was made with LaTeX.
>>
>>57534873
Also, whenever I'm actually connected to the unsecured network, I always have limited connectivity, so I can't connect to the Internet. Wangblows says it's due to the adapter not being close enough, but that's a lie.

Fuck this shit. Should I just try to make a wireless access point? I have an extra router, it's a Netgear R6300v2. How do I do this?
>>
>>57535264
Oh shit, I don't mean wireless access point. My desktop is upstairs while my router is downstairs, how would I be able to transfer the connection using the extra router?
>>
I fucked up and initialized my compact flash card. I needed the videos that were on it.

Is there a quick easy recovery software/tool I can use?
>>
File: dXNs0Xl.jpg (173KB, 743x921px) Image search: [Google]
dXNs0Xl.jpg
173KB, 743x921px
Is the Mandela Effect real?
>>
>>57535105
>latex
>on screen
Yeah, nigga.
>>
>>57535288
Fuck me, it's actually a WNDR3400v3, the other one is what I said earlier.
>>
>>57535348
I don't know about some of the boundaries is has been pushed to like that kid's book about bears.
Now, I swear Mandela died in prison.
>>
>>57535376
Who was president in his place?
>>
>>57535383
I don't remember. I honestly learned about it on /pol/, the Mandela effect.
It's sure strange though. I'd go so far as to say if it was real the extremes it has been comedically linked to are just to invalidate it.
>>
How to check if a bunch of mp3 files are corrupted at once?
>>
>locked out of keep pass

fucking kill me
>>
File: IMG_20161113_222213~01.jpg (1MB, 2160x3218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_222213~01.jpg
1MB, 2160x3218px
Does anyone know what font this is or is similar to?
>>
>>57535464
fsck
:^)

Use mp3val in a script/parallel?
>>
>>57529225
Varies vastly depending on implementation and your hardware.
>>
>>57529225
I once put Windows on a PS3 and it took ten minutes to boot >:(
>>
>>57530789
Depends on what your code is doing. if you stuck to using official APIs and aren't fucking with anything low level you shouldn't have to.
>>
I'm in need of a router. The ASUS RT-AC68U is $59. should i buy this now, or wait until BF/CM for a better deal?
>>
>>57531106
Either debotnet windows 10 or suck it up.
>>
Are there good sites with exercises and corrections for html5/css3?
>>
How do i get rid of this top bar and make it look like opera's??
>>
>>57535594

there's websites for that my man

https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
>>
>>57535820
here is what opera looks like
>>
>>57531106
> inb4ing your own post
install gentoo

Get the server editions of Wangblows, faggot.
>>
>>57535820
I would actually like to know this as well.
>>
On an R500 Thinkpad here. How can I rebind the Fn key to something else, like the right control key? I heard you can do it in bios but I can't find anything.
>>
is there an easy method to changing/adding art to music tracks?
>>
Can you get viruses from things like .avis and .wavs? Or is it from doing file extension hiding like
fakefile.avi.exe?

And if there's a virus file in a zip, when you open the zip with a zip extractor program like 7zip, but not extract it, will the virus be activated?
>>
>>57535105
This

Professors dig latex
>>
Can someone open this site in a virtual machine? Supposed to be a ticket selling site but I get some Chinese shit.

http://www.cmnevents.com/
>>
>>57535830
It gave me all sans garbage
>>
>>57535921
.avi yes, there was a fake episode of something on the torrents who actually had an archive inside.

I tried opening it with windows media player through sandboxie and it executed the executable that was inside the hidden archive.

Wish I had kept it around for studying how it worked.
>>
File: 1449640517080.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1449640517080.png
16KB, 174x231px
>want to be a software developer as a career
>realize it's much easier and practical to land a job as a web developer

what do, boys. I already have a decent foundation in C / C#
>>
do skype passwords routinely get hacked/leaked in batches? my skype started sending chink links out to people today and all scans show all clear, i've always ran noscript and adblockers.
>>
>>57535990
Do you know anything about the second part? How did you know it had a archive inside?
>>
>>57536040
Do both, spend all your free time developing your portfolio, and make sure people see you consuming soylent.
>>
I'm looking to get into microcontrollers for fun, small projects

Can anyone recommend a digital arduino/other microcontroller simulator that I can run some ideas on?
I know there are a few, but are there any that are generally preferred?
>>
>>57536073
I have used vmlab in the past. It allows you to easily simulate inputs so you can step through your code and press on buttons at the same time.
>>
File: 1479214163182.jpg (24KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
1479214163182.jpg
24KB, 317x432px
>>57531279
you make a back up of the system when it was stock and or before the installing xposed. reflash the rom again
>>
>>57536141
Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
After the bachelor's degree, what exactly are the specializations for the first year of MA? I'll get my bachelor soon and I am a little lost.
>>
File: muh cee.png (1MB, 1002x795px) Image search: [Google]
muh cee.png
1MB, 1002x795px
Is my c:/ drive dying?
>>
What are some good external HDDs? Budget is $70
>>
>>57529225
basically nothing these days
supported on the cpu by intel for almost a decade
>>
>>57530694
yeah no
>>
>>57535967
there are others, google it
>>
How does one image their HDD? I heard about it but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>57530694
sfc /scannow
>>
File: 1479301449464.jpg (122KB, 661x936px) Image search: [Google]
1479301449464.jpg
122KB, 661x936px
Any XFCE users here?
I want to test something, could you open this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yei8tVbNPk
I'm suspecting "" <the heart symbol> to be the cause of breaking the XFCE panel.
>>
Would it be okay to use Fedora while I have an AMD processor?
>>
I want to buy an iPhone because I've never had one before and want to try it out. I want to keep it small and cheap. Is the 5s a good iPhone? Or will it be horribly slow compared to my current Sony Xperia Z3C and other iPhones?
>>
I'm not a complete noob but I came back to Ubuntu after a long time using only windows. I installed 16.10 (figured the latest would be the best) but then I found out many packages are only on 16.04. Should I reinstall? I already customized some stuff, is there a way to downgrade via apt?
>>
File: maskhat.png (334KB, 1627x631px) Image search: [Google]
maskhat.png
334KB, 1627x631px
winter is coming up, which of these is better?

the carhartt is $13, the one on the left is by rothco and $10. does carhartt make a good enough product that the mask would be thicker and keep you warmer, or does it not matter?
>>
>>57532502
Downgrade the phone?
Yes, if it was suplied first with WP8.
>>
Kind of a stupid question because I can't find any error codes on my PC to help. Any idea where to find them? It could help, I don't have any "minidump" files which are meant to be recording crash details.

A month or so ago, my PC froze n crashed when I was playing Overwatch. Not a big deal I guess. But when it restarted, it said it couldn't find an operating system. Press any key to continue. So I did. And it booted up normally. It crashed again several times over the next few days, I decided to clean my drives and clean install Windows as I'd been thinking about doing it for a while anyway.

I thought this worked for a while. It fixed another silly start-up issue I had (old HDD was still the boot disk but SSD was the OS so I was prompted every boot) but then the issue started again.

Sometimes it happens when I'm playing games, others it happens when the PC is idle.

Summarising,
>Clean install Windows 10 fully updated on SSD. Only things installed are Overwatch and HotS. Barely any images, HDD is literally wiped clean.
>For a few seconds beforehand, any sound just repeats the last 0.5s over & over then the PC freezes completely
>After a while, "Windows encountered an error" with a QR code pops up for a few second then reboots. Never managed to screenshot or record error. Last few times I've tried this screen appears for 0.5s
>On reboot, it says no OS.
>Reboot again or click any key and it's fine.
>Sometimes it can happen after 10 minutes. Other times it can happen after 10 hours.

Is this going to be a hardware issue?
>>
>>57540721
What's your partition table is like?
You can do complete downgrade bu installing 16.04 if you /Home in a separate partition.
>>57540997
Sounds like HDD failure.
>>
>>57529087
That's a nice desk. Where did you get it?
>>
>>57535329
Recuva.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.