[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microwaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: BOHMT72M420.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BOHMT72M420.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
I'm going to microwave a liter of water for 1min, 2min, etc... and calculate the efficiency of my microwave.
How do I meassure the amount of electrical power that was used up by the microwave?
I got one voltagemeter but I don't want to mess it up :/
>>
File: mfw.png (1022KB, 1921x805px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
1022KB, 1921x805px
>>57525945
>one voltagemeter
you're gonna need two:
one in series for current, one in parallel for voltage.
or you could just trust that the voltage will be 110/230
or you could just trust the watt dial (lol)
>>
>>57526004
Hmm, yeah i kinda figured it would be the only way.
I'm pretty nervous about messing up either the microwave or the meter.
But I can't really find a way around it. But yeah the specs are an option :p
>>
>>57525945
Put a non metal object in the water so it doesn't explode on you.
>>
>>57526075
you're more likely of fucking up the voltmeter and/or get electrocuted than damaging the oven.

just be careful to connect the terminals to the right ports, and use the right caliber.

it'll be fine.

you could just fake it and measure the current first, and then the voltage.
>>
>>57526082
What, we microwave stuff like water all the time. What could it cause to explode?
>>
Get one of those splitter things at an electrical supplier so you can use a clamp ammeter to check current. Might be better if the microwave draws more than 10amps. Most multimeters top out at 10 amps. Either that, or youll need a shunt to drop it down to something your meter can read.
>>
>>57526231
Too long can cause it to superheat if the water is extremely still. If it's a turntable oven you should be fine.

Superheated water is water that is heated above its saturation temperature (boiling point) and moving it can cause it to flash (boil off rapidly, ie explode).
>>
>>57526082
Came to post this.

>>57526231
Superheating. Google it.
>>
>>57526250
I thought water only could supercool like that, thnx I'll remember it
>>
>>57526256
Ow shit, this shit is real
thnx
>>
>>57526234
Can't you use a clamp ammeter on any cable?
>>
File: PonderingNeptunia.gif (94KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
PonderingNeptunia.gif
94KB, 480x480px
How do you convert seconds to microwave time?
Let's say you have 60 seconds, that be 00:60. Would that mean if you put 61 seconds then it will be 01:01.

What's the wizardry /g/?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>57526429
no
>>
File: IMG_0918.gif (57KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0918.gif
57KB, 348x348px
Just buy a kill a watt meter.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 384x384px
>>57525945
Is this for your homework?
Use a clamp-on ammeter
It's the safest thing and you don't have to plug in anything
>>
>>57526429
kek
>>
>>57526350
They measure the magnetic field of the wire, so if you measure on both the phase and neutral the magnetic fields will neutralize each others.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.