[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything I can to about this ugly ass file choosing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: huge.png (177KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
huge.png
177KB, 1280x800px
Is there anything I can to about this ugly ass file choosing dialog in gtk3? Look at these huge check boxes and buttons, the margins between folder names... I changed to many themes but the file chooser keeps being this ugly. What do?
>>
Aren't there some gui editors for linux? Or some config file where you edit the size/width of GUI?

Search online, and report back. I'm interested in it too.
>>
Use a different GTK theme.
>>
>>57524060
I tried many, this dialog stays the same, though.
>>
>>57524135

Of course the dialog will stay the same. Only the elements can change, their padding, margins, font size, and things can change.
>>
>>57524191
That's not what I meant. How come every single theme keeps the same button size and padding between folder names? I guess I'll just try to compile engrampa with gtk2 support, since that and chromium are the only gui apps I use, it won't feel inconsistent with other tools.
>>
>>57523911
>solch eine Neuschwuchtel sein
>sein OS auf germanisch benutzen
>732MB Datenträger
>Spiegel Bestseller
>lädt elektronische Bücher zum Lernen herunter
>irgendwas mit cyka blyat
>irgendwelche anderen komischen Downloads
>1280x800
>leichter Nieselregen bei 2°C
>>
>>57524265

>How come every single theme keeps the same button size and padding between folder names?
Because those are sane defaults.
I'm pretty sure you can theme it yourself if you want ultra slim buttons. For example, the theme I used had too slim buttons and the guy maintaining them fixed it after a report.
You don't even have to use a specific theme, you use use the global override in your config folder which would apply to all themes. Find the right CSS class for buttons and adjust it there.
>>
>gtk3
All you can really do is wait until the devs pull their fingers out. Remember how shit Unity was? Remember how shit KDE5 was? Remember they only recently became sort-of-not-shit? Such is life in the open source world.

Honestly, MATE was my last bastion of hope but that's moving to gtk3, so now I have to avoid that for years too. Xfce it is.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.