[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop the cycle, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: AutismMicroDevices.jpg (793KB, 1986x1392px) Image search: [Google]
AutismMicroDevices.jpg
793KB, 1986x1392px
How do we stop the cycle, /g/?
>>
buy Intel/NVIDIA
>>
either make intel cheaper
OR
make intel's processor gpu fast enough to play any game at 60fps 1080p with medium settings
>>
>>57516730
what, blind fanboyism? I don't know. If I knew how to remove that from /g/, I would
>>
>>57516730
it's cheaper in third world countries
>>
>>57516730
You forgot to add a piece to this cycle, which is....

>realize that the AMD product is half the price of the Intel product and realize that 5fps isn't worth twice the price.
>>
>>57516730
Bankruptcy.
>>
its simple, you stop falling for the AMD meme and let the Pajeets starve
>>
>>57517368
Pretty much this. If you compare "equivalent" AMD and Intel processors here, the AMD ones are several hundred dollars cheaper, it's a no-brainer really. Plus no NSA backdoor.
>>
>>57519395
>No NSA backdoor
:^)
>>
Just need Intel to make dedicated gpu's

They showed with the Xeon phi that they could do it, there just needs to be a market niche for them to fill.
Right now they got the Xeon phi stuck with compute units like the AMD FirePro and Nvidia Quadro + Tesla
If they made something like dedicated iris gpu's to compete with the low end cards of nvidia and AMD, they could wedge their way into the market via the gaming consumers. And then pump out high end shit to compete with stuff like the 390x and 980ti
To offer mid/high end performance for less money

Or just really powerful integrated graphics.
If I had a processor that was like an i5 6600 + an integrated equivalent of say a 1060 or rx480, even if it drew like 200w that would be a fantastic all in one processor.
>>
File: 20160804_200019.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_200019.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>57516730
I like amd cpu's they kinda seem like the best option for sub 100 dollar builds. This cost me 60 dollars.

Oh and inb4. Why 4 shitty nvidia cards.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNBQFGFLfs
>>
File: 1451572407804.png (735KB, 801x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451572407804.png
735KB, 801x1500px
>>57519521
Doesnt the xeon phi just have 64 atom cores. I thought its whole niche was it was easier to adapt pre-existing code for the phi then a more gpu like alternative.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.