[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any audio guys here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hoping someone here who's familiar with AV can answer a question for me.

The setup, I have an Amazon Dot going from 3.5mm to RCA. That RCA table has a RCA splitter attached to both L and R channels, giving me 2 R and 2 L channels. I send one set to my receiver on line 1, so it's only the Dot output on that line. The other set of LR goes into mixer with my cable boxes input where I mix it together, the output from the mixer goes into my receiver on a different line.

Now, what's happening that I don't understand. If I adjust the gain on either the dot or tv past 50% on the mixer, I will hear popping and distortion on the line1 receiver, that's just the dot, and never comes through the mixer??? I feel like there is something fundamental I don't understand, because this seems impossible. What's happening here?
>>
>>57514503
bump
>>
>>57514503
you are likely using a splitter in an inappropriate fashion where a proper mixer would be more appropriate. why do you need a mixer and a receiver on separate lines?
>>
>>57514503
*also*
open up ms paint or some shit and draw a diagram of exactly how your shit is hooked up in it's entirety and i might actually be helpful
>>
>>57514503
Maybe I didn't explain the chain well. I want to hear both my Dot and TV through my speakers while I watch TV, hence both of them feeding into the mixer and mixing the signal. But, since there is no way to mute my tv from the cable box (audio is always on) I have a split off of the Dot going to it's own line on the receiver for when I'm not watching TV and just want music.
>>
>>57515275
Sure, will do right now, posting back in a min.
>>
File: Untitled.png (195KB, 948x564px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
195KB, 948x564px
Here is a terrible drawing. And as I said when I turn level knobs on mixer past 50% point, it gives artifacts in the audio channel that isn't passing through the mixer.
>>
>>57515431
the shitty mixer is changing it's inputs' impedances as you gain it up and therefore fucks up your split and the load on the receiver side
don't use passive splits like that
don't use shitty mixers like that
>>
>>57515431
You don't need that miniature line mixer at all in this setup. Just have the TV and the Dot plugged in to the AV receiver utilizing the selectable inputs.

OP, you're a faggot.
>>
>>57515618
When I watch TV I want to still be able to hear responses from commands. When I listen to music on the Dot I don't want to hear the TV... how else do you propose I do that?
>>
>>57515644
Get a fucking $20 mini mixer and stop posting
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.