[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is CE a meme degree like CS? Are we all doomed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image_2.jpg (29KB, 294x282px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
29KB, 294x282px
Is CE a meme degree like CS? Are we all doomed?
>>
the only non meme degree is artificial intelligence

pretending to be smart is all you need
>>
How can we compete with underpaid professionals?
>>
>>57513574
by being an entrepenuer instead of a good boi worker bee
>>
>>57513602

>85-90% chance of failure within 5 years
>nothing left but a mountain of debt and a failed business

And even if you do succeed, you're more beholden to your customers and regulators than if you were a good worker bee.
>>
>>57513621
>if you keep trying, you will succeed!
>>
I don't understand why anyone would think CS is a meme degree. Everyone is overpaid and now even more so with Trump's raising the pay from companies to foreigners working on visas.
>>
>>57513712
>going to uni to learn something you can learn at home
>paying thousands of dollars
>>
>>57513723
>leaving your house when the internet is full of any information you can find and study
>>
>>57513723
>>57513740

>implying self-study actually counts for shit

Not unless you've got familial connections to get you into ezmodo jobs to fluff your resume. Other than that, they're not going to hire some fag who thinks reading wikis and manuals on his own will get him anywhere.
>>
>>57513723
>Thinks you do a degree to learn to code.
>>
>>57513723
you need a good internship to get a good job and you need to be enrolled to get into a good internship. how are you going to work around this?
>>
Better fucking not be man.

t. First year CE
>>
>>57513723
>going to uni to learn something you can learn at home
>paying thousands of dollars

Yeah but you get a piece of paper that guarantees you an entry job that's paying alright after you get out, so you can pay off the money and you've only wasted a few years. You don't get that paper no matter how smart you are if you don't study CS. It's like a "here pay me" card when you've first started.
>>
>>57513532
All i know is my cousin graduated from Texas AM with CE and now makes well over $250k and has hundreds of people under him. Don't be an autistic sperg.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.